+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAQ

Jbong

Nov 12, 2010
TO write or not to write...that is the question

I am thinking to apply for PR under Federal Skilled Worker Class. Do I still have to do IELTS or whatever English proficiency test if I have BC highschool diploma have two years of studies at post secondary level in BC? Would be absurd if I have to do so because it give a bad impression that Canada doesn't event trust their student can speak English??!!

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Re: TO write or not to write...that is the question

Jbong said:
I am thinking to apply for PR under Federal Skilled Worker Class. Do I still have to do IELTS or whatever English proficiency test if I have BC highschool diploma have two years of studies at post secondary level in BC? Would be absurd if I have to do so because it give a bad impression that Canada doesn't event trust their student can speak English??!!
They may not trust their students who came from overseas or from Quebec to speak English well....just a thought. Anyway, I think they suggest everyone to do IELTS now.

nikhilmetha

Nov 13, 2010
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2010
Doc's Request.
23-03-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
IELTS Request
23-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
awaited
Hi Friends..

I received AOR for full documents send to CHC, Delhi on 14-06-2010. Its been more than 5 months I am waiting for medicals under FSW1 application. I have done CA and LLB from India and scored 8 in IELTS.

I am really worried now as I did not change my job to avoid problem in cv and now its getting a bit late as I have been working with my current employer for more than 2 years.Does anyone have idea why there is delay?

Thanks,

-Nikhil

mark_smith

Oct 16, 2010
Spousal Work Experience Documentation Requirements confusing

Hi,

The Buffalo Visa Office's instruction says:

WORK EXPERIENCE
For the principal applicant:
•original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers for the past 10 years.
Letters must be:
•written on company letterhead,
•signed by the responsible officer/supervisor,
•show the company's full address, telephone and fax numbers, email and website addresses, and
•stamped with the company's official seal (if applicable).
Letters must include all of the following information:
•the specific period of your employment with the company
•the positions you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position
•your main responsibilities and duties in each position
•your total annual salary plus benefits
•the number of hours worked per week
•a business card of the person signing
If you cannot provide a reference from an employer, provide a written explanation and any documentation that would support your claim to such employment and provide the information as set forth above.

For the accompanying spouse or common-law partner:
•original and up-to-date letters of reference, including all details as specified above, in respect of any employment in Canada under a work permit.
•a copy of the work permit.

I had hard time understanding the last part. It seems that unless the spouse had "any employment in Canada under a work permit", the spouse does not need to provide any working experience documentation. If so, the following wording may be clearer:

For the accompanying spouse or common-law partner in respect of any employment in Canada under a work permit:
•original and up-to-date letters of reference, including all details as specified above,
•a copy of the work permit.

If not, the following wording may be clearer:

For the accompanying spouse or common-law partner:

•original and up-to-date letters of reference, including all details as specified above;
• in respect of any employment in Canada under a work permit, a copy of the work permit.

But, why this working permit requirement does not apply to the principal applicant?
Please advise.

Thanks,

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
you get 5points if you or your wife has worked in Canada before for at least one year.
They can see if you have done that from your work experience letters.
But they can't see that for your wife unless you provide employment letters when she worked in Canada.

mark_smith

Oct 16, 2010
spouse working experience

I see. Neither me nor my wife had worked in Canada. So, my wife does not need to provide any working experience references at all, right?

Thank you so much.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
that is my understanding from what you copied and pasted from appendix A. I don't think you need to send those details about her.

arashid92

Nov 14, 2010
Hi i have following 3 question?
1. I want to ask that i have taken personal loan from my bank, does it effect the proof of funds?
2. What are the documents i have to get attested by notary public.. i mean do i have to get all my educational documents attested? or i can just send teh copies of all..
3. Do i have to submit original Ielts report with initial application?
TAHNX
arashid

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
arashid92 said:
1. I want to ask that i have taken personal loan from my bank, does it effect the proof of funds?
2. What are the documents i have to get attested by notary public.. i mean do i have to get all my educational documents attested? or i can just send teh copies of all..
TAHNX
arashid
-As far as i know...Applicants cant take loan; if CIO finds out that you are in debt then they can refuse you
-It's better to notarize all except those which are needed in original format
-Yes, You must sent Original General training(Academic is not acceptable, & validity of your GT IELTS must not be more than 1 year) with initial application.
Regards,
Dr.Hasib

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
arashid92 said:
TAHNX
arashid
i think appendix A tells what needs to be attested. I was fortunate that notarising documents was free for me so i did it for all except the originals. Good luck.

Ahmed 13646

Oct 30, 2010
Khartoum Sudan
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2010
Nomination.....
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
04-03-2011 (issued) - received 11-4-2011
IELTS Request
proof though + DELF B2 ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi there

Iam a Sudanese Applicant for QSW i do qualify for all the requirements of quebec but there a problem and that is i have sent my application with copies not authenticated by the ministray of foreign affairs - it's the the only party in my country that responsible for attesting that the documents are original- so i dont know what to do should i authenticate the originals and send then again to them or only i should wait for their notification pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase help :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I don't know much about Quebec and how strict QSW process is. With the old FSW (federal) process, I would have waited for them to reply. With the new FSW process, I would not wait for a reply but send another set of copies attested because the risk too high. I would only do that if the cost is not prohibitive. That is what I would do for FSW. I don't know anything about QSW. Good luck. Hopefully someone will answer about what the right thing to do for the QSW process in your case.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear All Seniors,

I have some points to clear.

(1) Is it necessary to send 10th & 12th Marksheet to CIO ? becouse in New Delhi Check list it says only POST SECONDARY educational documents ?

(2) As my 10th MarkSheet is in HINDI as well as my Employment contract is also in Hindi ? What to do with it ? What is the procedure to submit it ?

(3) Whether Spouse Passport photo copy need to send to CIO ?

Please let me know on it.

Thanks

Mayank

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
mayankpandya said:
Dear All Seniors,

I have some points to clear.

(1) Is it necessary to send 10th & 12th Marksheet to CIO ? becouse in New Delhi Check list it says only POST SECONDARY educational documents ?

(2) As my 10th MarkSheet is in HINDI as well as my Employment contract is also in Hindi ? What to do with it ? What is the procedure to submit it ?

(3) Whether Spouse Passport photo copy need to send to CIO ?

Please let me know on it.

Thanks

Mayank
10 th is not required as it is secondary, not post secondary...u can send 12 th

Translate your Employement contract letter to english by a traslator,notarize both(englsih & hindi version). Send both
Spouse passport photocoy must be sent.
According to CIO guidebook:Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:
 the English or French translation; and
 an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
 a certified copy of the document.
Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document.
Translations by family members are not acceptable.
Certified copies or notarized documents
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:
 „„I certify that this is a true copy of the original document‟‟
 the name of the original document
 the date of the certification
 his or her name
 his or her official position or title
 his or her signature