+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAMILY SPONSORSHIP..CONGUGAL??

tala14

Apr 9, 2012
I have a boyfriend, we been through the years... He is now a Canadian Citizen, Divorced in 2004 and we have a 6 years old daughter. He wanted to sponsor us in Canada so last year he went home here in the Philippines and we planned to get married. The problem is... his divorced did not recognize here in the Philippines because he had a previous marriage from her ex-wife that burden us to get married. He went back in Canada...

It’s so hard for me and to our daughter that my boyfriend and her father is far away from us... we only feel that he is with us when we talk and see thru chat in the internet. He also tried to find a job here but the salary is not enough from us. He has 2 sons from her ex-wife and living there in Canada.

My question is... can my boyfriend sponsor me as a conjugal partner? Is there a possibility for us to approve from Canadian immigration if we file it as a conjugal sponsorship? Because we don’t want to get deny our applications..

I appreciate your advice...thanks..God bless!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you tried to get a visit visa for you and your daughter? Try that. If you can join him in Canada, you can marry in Canada and he can sponsor you. If you can not get it, then he can try sponsoring you as a conjugal partner based on that you are unable to get married in the Philippines and that you have been refused a visa to visit him so you can not join him in Canada.

tala14

Apr 9, 2012
thank u for ur suggestions.. Our problems is he still a renting room in Canada.. Me and our daughter staying at her sister house in the philippines.. Is he still qualify to give us an Invitation to visit him?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If he has room for you to sleep or you can pay for a hostel to stay, he can invite you to visit him for sure but if he needs to show that he will be able to pay your costs while you are in Canada unless you show that you can do it yourself.

You could also say you will leave your daughter behind and make a short trip to Canada, 2-3 weeks. That way, you will maximize your chances of getting the visa but if you are refused, you can use that to support your conjugal application.