+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fall 2020 students still waiting for PPR. Please share your timeline

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
After I received AIP on 28 jan , i called IRCC nd they said my eligibility is passed, criminality is passed, medical is passed on 27 jan. Final decision is pending. What will the final outcome ?
I think it's a positive sign when everything is passed, isn't it ?

jaimedantas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Guys, for those who started studying in set/20 and don't have their visa yet, what if the visa does't come before April 31? I'm asking this because after that we lose the PGWP. I'm thinking about giving up on Canada because studying without the PGWD is worthless.

I applied on April/20 and I'm studying online since set/20 (masters).

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
Guys, for those who started studying in set/20 and don't have their visa yet, what if the visa does't come before April 31? I'm asking this because after that we lose the PGWP. I'm thinking about giving up on Canada because studying without the PGWD is worthless.

I applied on April/20 and I'm studying online since set/20 (masters).
Try taking a sem break instead if you have the option to. I believe that the Federal Government is aware of this and is try to speed up the process for older applications.
I, am the best example. I was exactly in your shoes 3 days ago until I received an approval.
Good Luck.

1baba1

Jan 6, 2021
Help!!!
here is my timeline
I applied on April 18,2020 with biometric.
AIP on September 27,2020
Medical request on October 6, 2020 Medical done on October 23, 2020
till now No updates.

* do I have chances of getting visa??

DKShu

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
My timeline:
Upfront Medical: 17th August
Applied 24th August
Biometric 28th August
3 November: Medical Request
4 November: Sent the medical sheet through the webform.
18 November: Medical Passed
18 November: Eligibility Review Started
14 December: Background Check Started
19 January: AIP received via email for fall intake

No updates or ghost updates after this. Don't know what to do.

c_note

Jun 29, 2016
Hey, did you get a update on GC key or just an email regrading PPR?

Last edited:

Dhritik

Star Member
Aug 16, 2020
Received passport request 8th Feb 2021
Veryy verry Congratulations. Happy to see that they r processing june applicant files. Mine was submitted on 18_june, 13Aug- AIP+medical pass, 31dec bio, eligibility is under review. Hoping for the best.

nsp95

Jan 13, 2021
Finally I was able to make it to the agent after a wait time of 35 mins. I called them at 1.30 am IST. They told me that everything is passed and the officer does not need any information from my end. Then he told that there is a delay in decisions as only 50% staff is working. I also asked him about the office where my file is being processed, he mentioned it is being processed at Ottawa.

As everything is passed can I now remain calm or I still should be concerned about the final decision?

Note: I do not a have AIP yet :(

Last edited:

Nvd

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
Finally I was able to make it to the agent after a wait time of 35 mins. I called them at 1.30 am IST. They told me that everything is passed and the officer does not need any information from my end. Then he told that there is a delay in decisions as only 50% staff is working. I also asked him about the office where my file is being processed, he mentioned it is being processed at Ottawa.

As everything is passed can I now remain calm or I still should be concerned about the final decision?

Note: I do have have AIP yet :(
Same thing IRCC agent told me that everything was passed nd approved nd the PASSPORT REQUEST LETTER is delayed due to covid-19 nd he said he can’t tell the exact time the request letter will be sent nd tell me to wait. I called the agent last friday after I received my AIP on 28 jan.
file lodge- 18 nov sds
Bio- 31 dec 2020
Med- 27 jan 2021
AIP - 28 jan 2021