+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fall 2020 students still waiting for PPR. Please share your timeline

Vin59

Jun 1, 2020
I called IRCC today. When enquired about eligibility the agent said that he doesn't know and it's in process. I asked if they could make a note on my application, he said it's not possible due to already existing delays. My eligibility is showing as "Your application is in progress we will let you know when start reviewing your eligibility.
My timeline
SDS July 29th 2020
AIP Sept 4 2020
Biometrics Dec 9
Medical Update Jan 12.

1baba1

Jan 6, 2021
Hi everyone,
Is this a good letter to ask IRCC about my medical and file status.

Dear Sir or Madam,
My name is ________. I received medical request on October 26,2020 and done on October 30,2020. I want to know if you received my medical exam reports. And Would you please be kind enough in letting me know the current status of my application.

*Please correct me if it is not a good letter.

Last edited:

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
Hi everyone,
Please help me how to ask IRCC about my medical and file status.
OR can I say like this:

Dear Sir or Madam,
My name is ________. I received medical request on October 26,2020 and done on October 30,2020. I want to know if you received my medical exam reports. And Would you please be kind enough in letting me know the current status of my application.
Hope to hear from you soon and thanking you in anticipation.

Sincerely,
_______

*Please correct me.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Use this link to submit through webform to check on your file status. This is generic to Canadian customer center.. they are very prompt in responding. You will hear from in 5_7 working days. Pls do not use country specific form just use the above link, provide required details with your short question.

Reactions: supreet28

N-A

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
Finally I was able to make it to the agent after a wait time of 35 mins. I called them at 1.30 am IST. They told me that everything is passed and the officer does not need any information from my end. Then he told that there is a delay in decisions as only 50% staff is working. I also asked him about the office where my file is being processed, he mentioned it is being processed at Ottawa.

As everything is passed can I now remain calm or I still should be concerned about the final decision?

Note: I do not a have AIP yet :(
How did you call them? Through an app?