+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending Stay of My Mother on Visitor Visa

hmr

May 12, 2010
Canada
Hi Guys,

Need your suggestions. My Mother is on Visitor Visa (Multiple Entry, valid for 10 years) and about to complete her 6 month stay. what should i do if wanted to extend her stay for more than 6 months ? She is aged (78 years) and dont like to travel much...

She lived here in Canada for almost 8 months last year (Jan - Aug) and when she came back again in December, Immigration Officer told us to apply for Super/Family Visa if you want to stay here longer!!

Can you please suggest what should i do to extend my mother's stay !!

Appreciate any guidance!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Guys,

Need your suggestions. My Mother is on Visitor Visa (Multiple Entry, valid for 10 years) and about to complete her 6 month stay. what should i do if wanted to extend her stay for more than 6 months ? She is aged (78 years) and dont like to travel much...

She lived here in Canada for almost 8 months last year (Jan - Aug) and when she came back again in December, Immigration Officer told us to apply for Super/Family Visa if you want to stay here longer!!

Can you please suggest what should i do to extend my mother's stay !!

Appreciate any guidance!
You can try to extend her stay. That may be refused or not.

She is visiting you.

As suggested, you should apply supervisa if you want her to stay longer than 6 months. Assuming that you are PR or Canadian citizen and have NOA that meets LICO.

Last edited: