+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

pasinishi

Apr 27, 2015
DoubleS said:
Based on my understanding, you would fall under this category:
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years
Thanks a lot mate :)

kamesh_bj

May 14, 2015
Hi All ,
I am yet to create my express entry profile as I am still waiting for my wes credential evaluations.
During this time ,can I go ahead and apply for the below 2 processes
1)police verification
2)Medical certificate
in cic sites it's mentioned that I cannot do police verification until they explicitly ask us.also for medical report.

Also does cic have any standard template for service/ letters

please advice
thanks

pasinishi

Apr 27, 2015
kamesh_bj said:
Hi All ,
I am yet to create my express entry profile as I am still waiting for my wes credential evaluations.
During this time ,can I go ahead and apply for the below 2 processes
1)police verification
2)Medical certificate
in cic sites it's mentioned that I cannot do police verification until they explicitly ask us.also for medical report.

Also does cic have any standard template for service/ letters

please advice
thanks
Hi i am not sure about the Police clearance and the medical. I f i'm correct you will have to wait till they request. As per your service letter query check this. It was helpful for me

Employment Reference Letters:
ORIGINAL or CERTIFIED/NOTARIZED COPIES

Letters of reference from your employers constitute a key component of your application for Permanent Residence.

IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO PROVIDE A REFERENCE FROM YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYER, PLEASE PROVIDE A WRITTEN EXPLANATION.

As a general rule, reference letters must be issued with a date, signed by a supervisory officer at the place of employment. They MUST be on original company's letterhead, showing the company's full address, contact details, and be stamped with the company's official seal.

Letters from your current and former (if any) employers describing your work experience are a very important part of your application. These letters should be detailed and must show the Canadian Immigration officer that you performed certain work activities for a specific duration in accordance with your skills and qualifications.
The letter(s) should clearly describe the duties and tasks of your particular position.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

• Letters that only indicate position, salary, and a statement that “he was a very good employee and we would hire him again” may not be sufficient! These letters are missing the important details of the applicant's performance while working with the company.

• Employment Reference letters must include the following:
-the specific period of your employment with the company;
-the position(s) you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position
-your main responsibilities in each position;
-if possible, your total annual salary

Elements of A Good Employment Letter (Worksheet)

A good job related reference letter gives many details. It lists the projects you worked on, and the achievements you accomplished. Very importantly, it should also describe your day-to-day duties and tasks. These daily tasks may seem mundane, but they often demonstrate that you perform the duties of a certain position, and that you possess the required basic skills. It is important that the letter demonstrates that you know the basic skills of your position, and that you have already been trained in them.

We are aware that a strong reference letter is sometimes not easy to obtain.
At a minimum, the letter should state your position, the length of your employment, salary, and a summary of your duties.
Employment Letter Problems?

• Sometimes people are reluctant to ask their employer for such letters, for fear that the employer will become suspicious of them. If this is the case, then you may ask colleagues or even reputable well-known customers you have worked with to write an employment letter for you.

• Letters from colleagues must be notarized, and should state that he/she has worked with you, and witnessed you performing certain duties. Letters from clients do not need to be notarized if they are printed on the client's official letterhead.

• In those cases where employment letters are not available, or where letters from colleagues or clients are substituting, as many of the following additional documents should be provided to our office as possible:

• tax documents
• pay slips
• performance appraisals
• contracts,
• promotion letters or letters of appointment
• previous immigration documents (such as H1 Visa applications from the USA)
• letters sometimes provided by employers for banking purposes, in which the letter confirms your position and salary; this kind of letter may be available from your Personnel/Human Resources Department.

Please note that these substitutes may be provided, even in the case that you are able to obtain a good employment letter as detailed above. Providing us with such documents can help us to better demonstrate credibility of your employment history, which may facilitate your application, or the chance of an interview waiver.

Generally a reference letter is written as follows:

[Company Letter Head]

[Date]

To whom it may concern,

[Applicant] has been employed by [employer] from [start date] to [end date], in the position of [position or job title]. His/her monthly/annual salary was [salary]

In this position, he/she had the following duties and responsibilities:

[list of duties and responsibilities]

Additionally, [any additional information]

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any more information

Sincerely,

[Name of supervisor]
[Signature of supervisor]
[Business card of supervisor attached if possible]

The description, duties and responsibilities on the letter should closely resemble, but not be an exact copy of, those expected of an employee working in your NOC code.

If your company will not issue such a letter, you should take every step to obtain official documentation from the company listing your job duties and responsibilities. As well, these other alternatives may be used, however they may not always work. It is always better to obtain an original letter of reference directly from a supervisor or HR.[/list]

Reactions: sam.m

joy_cxz

May 20, 2015
Hi, I am a beginner and have collected most of the information from CIC and this site. Thank you for sharing such important information.

I have taken my IELTS date for August and applied from transcripts in University, post this I will be applying for EE along with my spouse.

My question is -

Should I get the ECA done for my spouse? I know it will help in points, but is it also mandatory to get a job for my spouse in Canada? She also hopes to work there in software testing and has experience of more than 6 years. She is BE in electronics, age -30.

Consider my points here and then let me know if ECA will be necessary for spouse ( for visa and/or job in Canada)

My age - 35, expecting at least 6 in each subject for IELTS, over 10 years of experience in Information Technology in India, Education - Masters in Computer Application.

Thank you in advance.

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
joy_cxz said:
Hi, I am a beginner and have collected most of the information from CIC and this site. Thank you for sharing such important information.

I have taken my IELTS date for August and applied from transcripts in University, post this I will be applying for EE along with my spouse.

My question is -

Should I get the ECA done for my spouse? I know it will help in points, but is it also mandatory to get a job for my spouse in Canada? She also hopes to work there in software testing and has experience of more than 6 years. She is BE in electronics, age -30.

Consider my points here and then let me know if ECA will be necessary for spouse ( for visa and/or job in Canada)

My age - 35, expecting at least 6 in each subject for IELTS, over 10 years of experience in Information Technology in India, Education - Masters in Computer Application.

Thank you in advance.
your spouse ECA is not necessary
secondly you need to improve your ielts score at least 7 in all 4 module otherwise no chance for you there are thousands of applicants with score above 400

thapar.dt

May 18, 2015
Experts, please answer the questions below in the quoted section. In addition to that, I have a query regarding ECA by WES. My University - Jaypee Institute Of Information Technology, Noida, India doesn't feature on the WES' database while I tried using their Free Degree Equivalency Tool. Even though their site says that the list might not be an exhaustive set, I want to confirm that my university falls under the category of recognized institutions and for the same, I have written several mails to WES, Canada and haven't got any response from them whatsoever. Please advise further due course of action.

thapar.dt said:
Hello Everyone!

I'm thinking about getting my ECA done from WES and in the process, I'm facing an issue with filling up the info on WES' site. Below mentioned are my profile's details -

Country of Citizenship and Current residence - India
Country of Education - India
NOC Code - 2173
Qualifications - B. Tech (CSE)

While filling the information about educational credentials on WES' portal, do we have to fill information about 12th class and 10th class examinations too? If Yes, is the following information correct?

Name of Credential (from drop down menu) - Senior Secondary (12th Class) Examination Certificate
Name of Institution (from drop down menu)- Central Board of Secondary Education (Should I fill the name of my school here or it is correct to mention the name of board?)
Institution Type (from drop down menu) - Professional Education (Should I select other options here?)
Years attended - From: 2006 To: 2007 Year Awarded: 2007​

Similarly for 10th Class Examination,

Name of Credential (from drop down menu) - All India Secondary School Examination Certificate
Name of Institution (from drop down menu)- Central Board of Secondary Education (Should I fill the name of my school here or it is correct to mention the name of board?)
Institution Type (from drop down menu) - Professional Education (Should I select other options here?)
Years attended - From: 2004 To: 2005 Year Awarded: 2005​

Yet, I've understood that

a. I've to send WES a photostat of my degree or a provisional degree certificate on my own and this has to be a simple xerox without any attestation whatsoever.

b. My university has to send individual mark sheets indicating all subjects taken and marks obtained for all years of post-secondary study – issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations OR I may have photocopies of my original mark sheets attested and dated by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar's Office, put them in an official sealed envelope and forward it on my own to WES.

Regarding b., rather than getting individual semester mark sheets signed, is it alright if I get a full fledged transcript signed and attested? (a transcript lists all the subjects semester-wise and yet mentions the grades one got.) Also, do I need to send signed and attested copies of 10th and 12th Class Mark sheets too?

princeiut

May 16, 2015
I have completed Express Entry application. But my point is only369. How is it possible? I have IELTS score of 7 in all bands. I have completed my masters degree. I have job experience of 5 years in university teaching and my age is 32. I am applying with my spouse. She is also masters but her ECA is not done. How can i improve more??? What is the lowest minimum score to get ITA??? Thanks in advance.

hipchick

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
24-04-2017... Sched A.... Submitted 27-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-04-2017...SA 21-04-17
File Transfer...
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
Dec 2016 upfront ..PASSED
hey guys could someone please answer....i wast asked by cic to submit additional documents via uploading in mycic account but i want to know. after uploading do i need to sign electronically again or just upload because i have been trying to sign n i keep getting error messages.

joy_cxz

May 20, 2015
Thank you, The Robust!. Even if we can make it to CLB 8, the CRS comes to around 402 without spouse ECA. According to the latest draw 7 in CIC news candidates with 469 or more got selected, I am not sure how I can go that far. Do you think the more draws they do they can come down more, but with this latest system it wont really matter I think, new people will come in with more points.

If you get a job offer but without LMIA, does it help in any points?

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
pasinishi said:
Hi i am not sure about the Police clearance and the medical. I f i'm correct you will have to wait till they request. As per your service letter query check this. It was helpful for me

Employment Reference Letters:
ORIGINAL or CERTIFIED/NOTARIZED COPIES

Letters of reference from your employers constitute a key component of your application for Permanent Residence.

IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO PROVIDE A REFERENCE FROM YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYER, PLEASE PROVIDE A WRITTEN EXPLANATION.

As a general rule, reference letters must be issued with a date, signed by a supervisory officer at the place of employment. They MUST be on original company's letterhead, showing the company's full address, contact details, and be stamped with the company's official seal.

Letters from your current and former (if any) employers describing your work experience are a very important part of your application. These letters should be detailed and must show the Canadian Immigration officer that you performed certain work activities for a specific duration in accordance with your skills and qualifications.
The letter(s) should clearly describe the duties and tasks of your particular position.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

• Letters that only indicate position, salary, and a statement that “he was a very good employee and we would hire him again” may not be sufficient! These letters are missing the important details of the applicant's performance while working with the company.

• Employment Reference letters must include the following:
-the specific period of your employment with the company;
-the position(s) you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position
-your main responsibilities in each position;
-if possible, your total annual salary

Elements of A Good Employment Letter (Worksheet)

A good job related reference letter gives many details. It lists the projects you worked on, and the achievements you accomplished. Very importantly, it should also describe your day-to-day duties and tasks. These daily tasks may seem mundane, but they often demonstrate that you perform the duties of a certain position, and that you possess the required basic skills. It is important that the letter demonstrates that you know the basic skills of your position, and that you have already been trained in them.

We are aware that a strong reference letter is sometimes not easy to obtain.
At a minimum, the letter should state your position, the length of your employment, salary, and a summary of your duties.
Employment Letter Problems?

• Sometimes people are reluctant to ask their employer for such letters, for fear that the employer will become suspicious of them. If this is the case, then you may ask colleagues or even reputable well-known customers you have worked with to write an employment letter for you.

• Letters from colleagues must be notarized, and should state that he/she has worked with you, and witnessed you performing certain duties. Letters from clients do not need to be notarized if they are printed on the client's official letterhead.

• In those cases where employment letters are not available, or where letters from colleagues or clients are substituting, as many of the following additional documents should be provided to our office as possible:

• tax documents
• pay slips
• performance appraisals
• contracts,
• promotion letters or letters of appointment
• previous immigration documents (such as H1 Visa applications from the USA)
• letters sometimes provided by employers for banking purposes, in which the letter confirms your position and salary; this kind of letter may be available from your Personnel/Human Resources Department.

Please note that these substitutes may be provided, even in the case that you are able to obtain a good employment letter as detailed above. Providing us with such documents can help us to better demonstrate credibility of your employment history, which may facilitate your application, or the chance of an interview waiver.

Generally a reference letter is written as follows:

[Company Letter Head]

[Date]

To whom it may concern,

[Applicant] has been employed by [employer] from [start date] to [end date], in the position of [position or job title]. His/her monthly/annual salary was [salary]

In this position, he/she had the following duties and responsibilities:

[list of duties and responsibilities]

Additionally, [any additional information]

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any more information

Sincerely,

[Name of supervisor]
[Signature of supervisor]
[Business card of supervisor attached if possible]

The description, duties and responsibilities on the letter should closely resemble, but not be an exact copy of, those expected of an employee working in your NOC code.

If your company will not issue such a letter, you should take every step to obtain official documentation from the company listing your job duties and responsibilities. As well, these other alternatives may be used, however they may not always work. It is always better to obtain an original letter of reference directly from a supervisor or HR.[/list]
Pasinishi, what is the reference of this? Did you take it frim CIC website? Do they really accept if my previous manager writes me a letter instead of the new manager?

vijaysg

May 8, 2015
mohdali486 said:
Dear Friend;

I am applying EE and don't understand kindly clear my below query.

create your express entry profile. htt

when I visit site they tell me CIC KEY ( (SecureKey Concierge), or GCKey) whichone we have to register for express entry profile.

Regards
Select GCKey it's a simple username password

NeelaR

Star Member
May 22, 2015
This is my first time on this forum. I have been reading the CIC website and getting a general idea about the Express Entry process. I'd really appreciate if any of you could kindly answer the following questions for me -

1. What is meant by Certificate of Qualification? Does it apply to those with Class 0, A or B NOC?
Eg, Is Six Sigma black belt certification valid in this case??

2. Is it legal for husband and wife to submit 2 different profiles? The child can be tagged along with either of our profiles?

3. Is there any additional point for a Diplôme de langue française from the Alliance Française? This is in addition to my Master's degree. Please note - I have not given TEF exam and don't intend to do so unless really beneficial. Your advice please....

Eagerly awaiting to hear from you all ....Thanks in advance!

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
NeelaR said:
This is my first time on this forum. I have been reading the CIC website and getting a general idea about the Express Entry process. I'd really appreciate if any of you could kindly answer the following questions for me -

1. What is meant by Certificate of Qualification? Does it apply to those with Class 0, A or B NOC?
Eg, Is Six Sigma black belt certification valid in this case??

2. Is it legal for husband and wife to submit 2 different profiles? The child can be tagged along with either of our profiles?

3. Is there any additional point for a Diplôme de langue française from the Alliance Française? This is in addition to my Master's degree. Please note - I have not given TEF exam and don't intend to do so unless really beneficial. Your advice please....

Eagerly awaiting to hear from you all ....Thanks in advance!
Firstly, please check if you reach the 67 points needed to qualify for FSW category. Here is the link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

1. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=743&t=6

2. I think each of you have be on the others profile as a spouse

3. To get points for a second language, you must take the TEF exam. I doubt a Diplôme de langue française from the Alliance Française would be considered for education points, and given that you have a masters it doesn't matter; it wouldn't get you any more points anyway.

Hope this helps, and in also hope other members will answer your questions.

Good luck!!!!

arvin89

May 22, 2015
hello everyone ,

i need help i am a single guy of age 25 and had 1yr experience and i have done b.tech and after that a certificate course of 1 yr and i fall under CLB9 for language proficiency i have some questions
1. for verification of documents do i have to go to university for collection of report or it will come home
2. as i had only a year experience so is it possible that i will be picked in job bank soon or what are the chances ?
3. after profile is made , is the application goes to single pool or there are different pools for different jobs ?

please help

Mikoy20

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2016
Doc's Request.
09-04-2016
Nomination.....
20-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Request
06-05-2016 (ITA)
Med's Done....
16-05-2016
Passport Req..
04-08-2016
I would like to ask about one question in CIC website about your highest education:

"what is the highest level of education for which you have earned a canadian degree, diploma or certificate or have had a Educational Credential Assessment? (ECA must be from an approved agency, for the last five years)"

I took a four year course here in the Philippines and the equivalent of that 4 years in Canada is just 2years, I am just unsure which one to select, is it the bachelor's degree that i earned here in the Phils. Or should I select the 2year term, thats equivalent in Canada?