+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
OKHA1 said:
Hello,
Questions: I did my masters in Canada but i already have a bachelors and masters back home. Do you think if i send them to WES, i will get more points in my EE profile or i should send only the Bachelors degree?

Also, my profile showed Ineligible, do you know why? I am suspecting it is the way i filled my Work experience. I have a masters in Engineering but i have been doing sheet metal work for over one year.

What should i put in the current NOC code of the current work permit?
Primary occupation and the date qualified to practice in the occupation?
You can show only your Masters. You need not get your Bachelor's evaluated.

As long as you enter a NOC that falls under categories 0/A/B, you are good to go! EE is NOC agnostic and your line of work need not necessarily need to be aligned with your educational qualification.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
PBJ said:
Hi All,

I was trying to identify my NOC for applying for EE.

My current role in the organization (Software company) is that of Business Development but previously I have been working as a :

1. Software Programmer - 7 Years
2. Project Manager - 2 Years
3. Business Development - 2 Years (Current Role). In all I have a working experience of 11 years.

Which NOC would be valid in my case?

When I check the NOC list there are 3 options:
1. Software Programmer - 2173
2. Project Manager -0213
3. Business Development - 4163

Kindly suggest ?
Send your roles and responsibilities for each job that you need to know the NOC for to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca . They will respond with the most appropriate NOC.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Gulwinder said:
Hello freinds,

I have re-created my new Express Entry profile today and got new Express Entry Key and Job Seeker Code. I used them to update my Job Bank account but my express entry profile still shows Job Bank Info as pending. Please suggest what to do or it will take some time to confirm.

Thank you.!!
Give it 24 hours.

divyamenon

Jul 16, 2015
Hi all,

I need some clarity on few more things.

1) I(secondary applicant) have not got my credentials evaluated but my husband has. The question is that I have a PGDM(Post Graduate Diploma in Management) degree from a B-school in India. So, I wanted to know which field of study to choose for this degree? Would it be Masters or a 2 yr university diploma/degree? I tried the equivalency tool but could not find the PGDM degree in the dropdown list.

2) Does Btech in Computer Science & Engineering come under "Applied Science" field under the field of study?

3) What about for Btech in IT(Information Technology) ? I selected Information Technology/Computing field but just wanted to confirm.

4) Will the points or the profile get affected based on the provinces/territories that we choose?

5) Once we submit the profile, is there an option to change/modify anything or its the final one?

6) Will we get to know the CRS points immediately after submitting the profile?

Need help with these questions as early as possible.

Thank You.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
divyamenon said:
Hi all,

I need some clarity on few more things.

1) I(secondary applicant) have not got my credentials evaluated but my husband has. The question is that I have a PGDM(Post Graduate Diploma in Management) degree from a B-school in India. So, I wanted to know which field of study to choose for this degree? Would it be Masters or a 2 yr university diploma/degree? I tried the equivalency tool but could not find the PGDM degree in the dropdown list.

Please share what your ECA report says.

2) Does Btech in Computer Science & Engineering come under "Applied Science" field under the field of study?

I suggest you to choose "Information Technology/Computing".

3) What about for Btech in IT(Information Technology) ? I selected Information Technology/Computing field but just wanted to confirm.

Fine, IMO.

4) Will the points or the profile get affected based on the provinces/territories that we choose?

Points, no.

You might not be able to apply for nominations to provinces that you have not chosen. For instance, you might not get an interest letter from Ontario (that will allow you to apply to be considered for nomination by Ontario) if you do not choose Ontario. You might want to choose "All provinces and territories".

5) Once we submit the profile, is there an option to change/modify anything or its the final one?

Yes.

6) Will we get to know the CRS points immediately after submitting the profile?

Yes.

Need help with these questions as early as possible.

Thank You.

divyamenon

Jul 16, 2015
Thanks for the prompt reply Mr.Raj. But as I said, only my husband got his ECA done and not me. So, I was asking related to my degree which is PGDM. And the other thing, do we also get to change NOC later? I am slightly confused about the NOC but choosing the one that to extent matches with my job responsibilities. Please advice.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
divyamenon said:
Thanks for the prompt reply Mr.Raj. But as I said, only my husband got his ECA done and not me. So, I was asking related to my degree which is PGDM.
If you did not find that degree/diploma on the list, then they probably won't evaluate it (or evaluate it to something that is useless). As Diplomatru had mentioned elswhere on the forum, if WES does not show the institution/degree, then its not worth the money to send it to them and hope they will evaluate it. If money is not an issue, you could still submit your diploma and give it a shot.

divyamenon

Jul 16, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
If you did not find that degree/diploma on the list, then they probably won't evaluate it (or evaluate it to something that is useless). As Diplomatru had mentioned elswhere on the forum, if WES does not show the institution/degree, then its not worth the money to send it to them and hope they will evaluate it. If money is not an issue, you could still submit your diploma and give it a shot.
Ya got it. For now I still did not get my ECA done but in the profile, surely want to mention as I have the degree. So, I think I could just choose Management under field of study. The spouse's education would add points only if an ECA is done right?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
divyamenon said:
Ya got it. For now I still did not get my ECA done but in the profile, surely want to mention as I have the degree. So, I think I could just choose Management under field of study. The spouse's education would add points only if an ECA is done right?
You can claim points for foreign degrees/diplomas only if you have an ECA for it.

divyamenon

Jul 16, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
You can claim points for foreign degrees/diplomas only if you have an ECA for it.
Thank you. Could you throw some light on the nomination programs? Is it very difficult to get a nomination and are they given based on the CRS points? And, to claim points based on job offer, does it have to be only the primary appilcant?

Kachra

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Gulwinder said:
Hello freinds,

I have re-created my new Express Entry profile today and got new Express Entry Key and Job Seeker Code. I used them to update my Job Bank account but my express entry profile still shows Job Bank Info as pending. Please suggest what to do or it will take some time to confirm.

Thank you.!!
If its still pending after 24 hrs, go to Job bank site and there you have to issue your new validation code which you got after you re-created your profile.

Kachra

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Kachra said:
Hi,
my question is regarding secondary applicant (i.e spouse). If I get my ITA invitation while I am SINGLE and I apply and during the process after 3-4 months if I get married and would like to add my spouse in my EE file then what will happen? if by adding her my crs points will fall below the current crs point threshhold. will my application be declined or put on hold?

Thanks,
Can some1 please reply. Will really appreciate it. I want to add my wife to my PR application when i get married but I calculated the new crs points will come down and close 430. at this stage will my application be refused or put on hold???

Thanks,

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Kachra said:
Hi,
my question is regarding secondary applicant (i.e spouse). If I get my ITA invitation while I am SINGLE and I apply and during the process after 3-4 months if I get married and would like to add my spouse in my EE file then what will happen? if by adding her my crs points will fall below the current crs point threshhold. will my application be declined or put on hold?

Thanks,
If you add your spouse before you submit your PR application, your points will be recalculated accordingly.

If you add your spouse after you submit your PR application, then your points will not be calculated. You will just have to do medicals and PCC for your spouse and you can add him/her to the application.

divyamenon

Jul 16, 2015
swisswise said:
I'm in little doubt for Eca. My master is from us university and I have a sealed university envelope of transcript. I checked one unsealed copy n it says true copy issued to student.

I m pretty sure it's the same thing in sealed envelope too. Do you think it is acceptable by Wes if I send this sealed envelope?
I think if you have done Masters from a US university, it is required that the university send the transcripts directly to WES. Please check this link for your reference. We did the same.
http://www.wes.org/ca/eca/requireddocuments/index.asp

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
doro_07 said:
I am not asking what the web site says, I am asking if anybody knows from experience. My friend from Manitoba said in her Express Entry that they will have 2,5 k and it was fine, because they live in Canada. So doeas anybody know that from his/her experience when it comes to Ontario? What happens when I say I do have 14 k but I acctually don't?
Your attitude won't initiate people helping you here. I replied what is required. Your friend either works on LMIA either got invited under CEC, (those are POF exempt), not because she lives in Canada.