+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

miyan007

Sep 20, 2015
Rejections due to PCC plz share ur timeline and reasons

keerthiv said:
Hello people,

Need your help/advice/suggestion.

is there a thread in this forum that someone can point me to, that will provide a step-by-step instructions of how to apply for Express Entry process(in order).
If here is no thread of that can, could someone who has in-depth understanding of the process, kindly create one and put it as sticky?

I am bit confused as to what would be the first step in applying for the EE and its corresponding steps.
Though website provide instructions to certain extent, i am not entirely convinced as i understand there is lot more required than what is mentioned on the website.

These instruction will be helpful not just to me but many aspirants who are seeking a lucid understanding of the process.

Thank you all for your time. :)

koolsasi2k6

Jan 7, 2016
Hi,

I am applying for PR thru EE and i m in the process getting IELTS & ECA done for me & my spouse. I am planning to submit my profile in Mar 2016. Is there anything else that i need to get done before the profile submission?

For the work experience, i have 33 months (NOC A-2145: 2008-11) & 32 months (NOC A-2171: 2013-till date) experience in 2 different companies. What are the documents, i should provide as the proof of work experience and when exactly i should submit them?

Also, I have a doubt on the Proof of Funds. As per the requirement, i should show $15,143 (~7.5 lac INR) for 2 persons. I have to plan for the funds and deposit in one of my accounts. My question is, what is the right time to deposit (i heard that CIC checks for last 6 months statement) the money in my account and for how long i should keep the funds in the account?

Thanks,
Sashi

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
koolsasi2k6 said:
Hi,

I am applying for PR thru EE and i m in the process getting IELTS & ECA done for me & my spouse. I am planning to submit my profile in Mar 2016. Is there anything else that i need to get done before the profile submission?

For the work experience, i have 33 months (NOC A-2145: 2008-11) & 32 months (NOC A-2171: 2013-till date) experience in 2 different companies. What are the documents, i should provide as the proof of work experience and when exactly i should submit them?
For creating an Express Entry profile, IELTS & ECA is sufficient. Meanwhile, you can arrange all the documents which would support your claim in the Express Entry profile.

Documents for Work Experience

You must submit the following documents to prove your work experience if you choose to be assessed against FSWP criteria or CEC criteria:
 Copy of current résumé indicating relevant work experience.
 Copies of employment reference letters from previous/current employers for all periods of work stated in the application that meet the following requirements:
o Printed on company letterhead and identify company address, telephone/fax numbers, email, and website addresses;
o Identify the responsible Officer/Supervisor and include his/her signature;
o Stamped with the company’s corporate seal (if applicable); AND
o Specify:
 Your employment period;
 Your positions held, duties and responsibilities during the employment period for each position, and the time spent in each position (if applicable);
 Your total annual salary plus benefits;
 Number of hours worked per week; and
 Any extended periods of leave (i.e., more than one month).

Additional supporting documents may include:
 Copy of work contracts; and
 Copy of pay stubs.

koolsasi2k6

Jan 7, 2016
Thanks for the reply.

For my previous job experience, i have the joining letter, relieving letter & service certificate. All the documents cover many of th requirements you have stated. However, there are few gaps:
1) There is no company corporate seal (I worked for Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited) on any of the documents. All the letters are on company letter head signed by the respective official.
2) Position held were mentioned in the Joining letter and the Absorption certificate. However, duties and responsibilities are not mentioned in any of the documents.
3) Instead of total annual salary, only, the basic pay range (per month) is mentioned
4) No. of hours worked is not mentioned in any of the documents. In one of the pages in joining letter, only 'regular services' is mentioned.

I have the Form 16 and payslips available with me, which i can submit along with my other documents.

Considering the above mentioned gaps, is it still okay? or i need to do something to make it perfect?

Thanks,
Sashi

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
koolsasi2k6 said:
Thanks for the reply.

For my previous job experience, i have the joining letter, relieving letter & service certificate. All the documents cover many of th requirements you have stated. However, there are few gaps:
1) There is no company corporate seal (I worked for Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited) on any of the documents. All the letters are on company letter head signed by the respective official.

May be you can request them for a Reference Letter stating that you need it for immigration. I also had most of the documents from my previous employer, but just to be sure, I contacted all my employers with my request and they obliged. As part of the request, I also sent then a sample letter as to what all I would need. So, this took care of most of the points mentioned in the OINP requirement. If this is not a big hassle, you can give it a try. It may take some time, but it is worth it if you get the letter.

2) Position held were mentioned in the Joining letter and the Absorption certificate. However, duties and responsibilities are not mentioned in any of the documents.

Same as above comment.

3) Instead of total annual salary, only, the basic pay range (per month) is mentioned

Same as above comment.

4) No. of hours worked is not mentioned in any of the documents. In one of the pages in joining letter, only 'regular services' is mentioned.

Same as above comment.

I have the Form 16 and payslips available with me, which i can submit along with my other documents.

These would be good to submit as part of additional or supporting documents.

Considering the above mentioned gaps, is it still okay? or i need to do something to make it perfect?

Thanks,
Sashi

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
johnny123 said:
Your attitude won't initiate people helping you here. I replied what is required. Your friend either works on LMIA either got invited under CEC, (those are POF exempt), not because she lives in Canada.
I am sorry I didn't think it will sound like I have an attitude. I thought they were jus normal questions. I do apologize if it seemed the wrong way. My friend has no LMIA because Manitoba doesn't require one.
Anyways, I understand that there is no way to have less money. Ok.
How about my job? Any advise on that?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
doro_07 said:
Hello Everybody.

I have many questions but first one is : My husband and I live in Canada now (IEC). When it comes to EE profile (FSW) what do we say when it comes to the funds? Do we still need to declare 14 k? I understand that this amount of money regards people who need to come and settle in Canada. We are already here, working and making a living, so how much money should I declare? Will my EE aplication be rejected if I declare e.g 3k?
I have to add that we do not have PNP or job offer falling undel LMIA (we work and will have references saying that we are hired for unlimited time).

Thank you.
doro_07 said:
I am not asking what the web site says, I am asking if anybody knows from experience. My friend from Manitoba said in her Express Entry that they will have 2,5 k and it was fine, because they live in Canada. So doeas anybody know that from his/her experience when it comes to Ontario? What happens when I say I do have 14 k but I acctually don't?

Another question : I run my own business in Poland. When I was there I worked over 40h a week. I have been i Canada almost a year, so I have been working only 10 hours a week as an owner (managing my employees, emails, contact with the clients, signing deals etc). How do I put that into my work history? Break it into two? e.g 2011-2015 40h a week as an ESL tutor/owner, 2015 - owner 10h a week. Or should I say it is my current job and just put 40 h tutor/owner?
As johnny123 has already indicated, you are only exempt from POF only if you are invited under CEC or if you have a LMIA backed job offer. If you don't have either of those, you have to show POF. Period.

Your friend from Manitoba is still having an active EE profile even after she declarared 2.5K CAD because she might have been eligible for CEC. Just because one just "lives" in Canada doesn't make him/her exempt from POF!

When you say you have 14k CAD when you don't, they call it misrepresentation. You will have to submit proof that you have the money you claim you have while you submit your post ITA application. If you do not submit proof of funds (and you don't have a LMIA backed job offer or you are not invited under CEC), your application will summarily be rejected!

This is the clause on the CIC website for self employed individuals -

if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income, and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
Here's the link --->
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Self employed applicants might not work for a regular set of hours/month. So, I believe such a requirement is absent for them! Do some research on the forum, you'll know more!

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Thank you for your quick response.

When it comes to the funds, does it have to be money? Or can I give the proof of house ownership, car ownership etc. plus savings?

I understand the quote you have given about selfemployed, thank you for that, but my problem is that I do not know how to fill EE profile when it comes to that as I worked full time when I was still in Poland (2011-2015) as owner/tutor, but since I am in Canada I don't think I can say that I work full time anymore. So should I just devide it into 2 parts?

Once again, I didn't mean to offend anybody, to be honest I don't know what I did to make it seem like I have an attitude. But truly sorry.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
doro_07 said:
Thank you for your quick response.

When it comes to the funds, does it have to be money? Or can I give the proof of house ownership, car ownership etc. plus savings?

I understand the quote you have given about selfemployed, thank you for that, but my problem is that I do not know how to fill EE profile when it comes to that as I worked full time when I was still in Poland (2011-2015) as owner/tutor, but since I am in Canada I don't think I can say that I work full time anymore. So should I just devide it into 2 parts?

Once again, I didn't mean to offend anybody, to be honest I don't know what I did to make it seem like I have an attitude. But truly sorry.
Funds can be in the form of cash in the bank, FD s and I believe provided fund is also accepted! Property, jewellery and other immovable and non liquid assets are NOT accepted as POF.

About your work, I guess as long as holy can get the documents like I indicated earlier you should be fine!
You get max points for 3 years work experience! You can claim that alone and leave your work experience in Canada out of the work experience section and retain it only in the personal history section!

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
What do you mean by FDs? - I am not familiar with this abbreviation.
I guess I saw assets etc in OOPNP application.

anyways, my other question is that I used a calculator on cic website to calculate my points (I understand it is more or less accurate) but one thing got me worried : I passed CELpip with scores : lis. -11, read. -11, sp. - 9, wr. - 8. And I have less points than when I enter all of them passed at e.g 9. It doesn't make any sense to me. How does that work and how reliable is this calculator? :'(

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
doro_07 said:
What do you mean by FDs? - I am not familiar with this abbreviation.
I guess I saw assets etc in OOPNP application.

anyways, my other question is that I used a calculator on cic website to calculate my points (I understand it is more or less accurate) but one thing got me worried : I passed CELpip with scores : lis. -11, read. -11, sp. - 9, wr. - 8. And I have less points than when I enter all of them passed at e.g 9. It doesn't make any sense to me. How does that work and how reliable is this calculator? :'(
FD = Fixed deposits.

You cannot use property, jewelry or cars to showcase POF.

That calculator is accurate! It is a tool provided by CIC and the CRS it reflects is correct! I hope this is the calculator you were using -->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Check the below chart to understand how your celpip scores translate to their CLB equivalents.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Thank you.
Yes this is the calculator I used. Which means I need to take another IELTS test, as apparently it gives more points (I have academic passed but they don't accept that).

Another question : My husband after primary school went directly to vocational school (mechanic) and then to secondary school. Do they both count as secondary schools? In the calculator does it fall under "two or more diplomas/certificates etc" or just "secondary diploma"? Do I need his ECA ? My lawyer said I don't because they were not universities.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
doro_07 said:
Thank you.
Yes this is the calculator I used. Which means I need to take another IELTS test, as apparently it gives more points (I have academic passed but they don't accept that).

Another question : My husband after primary school went directly to vocational school (mechanic) and then to secondary school. Do they both count as secondary schools? In the calculator does it fall under "two or more diplomas/certificates etc" or just "secondary diploma"? Do I need his ECA ? My lawyer said I don't because they were not universities.
Yes. Getting a CLB-9 will get you more CRS.

If you want to claim points for your husband's education, you need to get his ECA done. You can check with the ECA issuing agency! Please note that ECA for spouse is optional!

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
So what is my general CLB with my scores? Because the link you gave me does not suggest one for me. It only shows CLB if all of the skills are on the same level.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
doro_07 said:
So what is my general CLB with my scores? Because the link you gave me does not suggest one for me. It only shows CLB if all of the skills are on the same level.
According to the chart, if you have 9 in all the sections on your CELPIP test, then you have CLB-9.