+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

yeyeobt4CAD

Jan 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

My application was received by OINP on the 20th of January. However, I just realised I used the WRONG NOC on my EE profile and subsequently used the same NOC in my application to OINP.

PLEASE NOTE: I have worked in different roles with different NOCs, the NOC used in my current role is correct (duration 2y+), however, the one used in my past role is wrong (duration 4y+). What can I do to correct this with OINP?

SShould I wait for the AOR or I should do something about it now.

Please note that the past NOC counted towards my CRS score.

You kind response is needed ASAP.

Thanks guys

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
[
thanguye said:
Dear all,
Sorry that I may repeat the question here. I am sure that someone already ask but it is difficult to find
I am filling the EE profile. Just need your help on NOC code. I understand that in the Occupation, NOC is the code that we want to apply. The Immigration officer will examine based on our documents provided (letters from the companies).

My question: Does this NOC code need to be similar to NOC code in the Work History.
And: Do we need to use the same NOC code in Work History for different companies.

Thank you very much for the support
A NOC indicates the nature of a job. Every occupation is tied with an NOC. For instance 2174 is for developers and programmers. So, if you worked as a programmer, your NOC would be 2174. So, if you worked as a programmer in every job that you have ever held, then you'll use 2174 for all of them. If you worked as a marketing assistant in one of your jobs, you will input a NOC corresponding to that profession.

If you are not sure of what your NOC is, you can send an email with your roles and responsibilities to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca . These guys will reply with the most suitable NOC code.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
yeyeobt4CAD said:
Hi everyone,

My application was received by OINP on the 20th of January. However, I just realised I used the WRONG NOC on my EE profile and subsequently used the same NOC in my application to OINP.

PLEASE NOTE: I have worked in different roles with different NOCs, the NOC used in my current role is correct (duration 2y+), however, the one used in my past role is wrong (duration 4y+). What can I do to correct this with OINP?

SShould I wait for the AOR or I should do something about it now.

Please note that the past NOC counted towards my CRS score.

You kind response is needed ASAP.

Thanks guys
No harm in notifying them immediately.

thanguye

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
[
A NOC indicates the nature of a job. Every occupation is tied with an NOC. For instance 2174 is for developers and programmers. So, if you worked as a programmer, your NOC would be 2174. So, if you worked as a programmer in every job that you have ever held, then you'll use 2174 for all of them. If you worked as a marketing assistant in one of your jobs, you will input a NOC corresponding to that profession.

If you are not sure of what your NOC is, you can send an email with your roles and responsibilities to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca . These guys will reply with the most suitable NOC code.
Hi rajkamalmohanram,
Thank for your reply, It is little clear for me now.

Just want to make sure one thing that if I worked as a marketing assistant in one of my jobs with different NOC code (let say in 2 years), will they consider my work experience in that NOC. It means that will they count that two years working experience while calculating my total number of working year.

Or they just simply ignore my different NOC code and only count my working experience which is related to the main NOC code.

Thank you very much for further comment.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
thanguye said:
Hi rajkamalmohanram,
Thank for your reply, It is little clear for me now.

Just want to make sure one thing that if I worked as a marketing assistant in one of my jobs with different NOC code (let say in 2 years), will they consider my work experience in that NOC. It means that will they count that two years working experience while calculating my total number of working year.

Or they just simply ignore my different NOC code and only count my working experience which is related to the main NOC code.

Thank you very much for further comment.
You can combine work experience under different NOCs. It counts.

yeyeobt4CAD

Jan 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
No harm in notifying them immediately.
Thanks for your response. How do you think it's best to notify them. By email or post?
If email, which email do I send it to and how do I explain the mistake to make them not small rat?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
yeyeobt4CAD said:
Thanks for your response. How do you think it's best to notify them. By email or post?
If email, which email do I send it to and how do I explain the mistake to make them not small rat?
You can send them an email to ontarionominee@ontario.ca . I must tell you that there is some uncertainty if they will honor your request or not but no harm trying.

Write the politest email you have ever written! Humbly apologise for your mistake and ask them politely to update the detail to your file!

Good luck! Keep us posted!

yeyeobt4CAD

Jan 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
You can send them an email to ontarionominee@ontario.ca . I must tell you that there is some uncertainty if they will honor your request or not but no harm trying.

Write the politest email you have ever written! Humbly apologise for your mistake and ask them politely to update the detail to your file!

Good luck! Keep us posted!
Thanks again.

Do I need to update the correct NOC on my EE? If yes, hope this can not lead to my profile being ineligible? Kindly revert.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
yeyeobt4CAD said:
Thanks again.

Do I need to update the correct NOC on my EE? If yes, hope this can not lead to my profile being ineligible? Kindly revert.
Yes. As long as the NOC you are updating to falls under NOC 0/A/B, I don't see why your profile will become ineligible.

SAMISHANU

Jan 24, 2016
Hi All,

I need clarification on declaring & specifying dependents in Express entry profile details.
There is no tab to enter my 4 years son details , could please help me on this subject.where we have to declare dependents details in express entry details .
I have entered my wife details but there is no tab to specify my son details .

Any one ,Could you please help me on this subject.

xi

Jan 30, 2015
Hello Experts;

I submitted my profile in november with crs score of 449 and i got an invite to apply for oinp. Somehow I could not sumbit my documents within the given time frame and missed the chance. My question is if i delete my existing profile and create a new one, would i get another invitation from oinp or not. Experts please help!!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
xi said:
Hello Experts;

I submitted my profile in november with crs score of 449 and i got an invite to apply for oinp. Somehow I could not sumbit my documents within the given time frame and missed the chance. My question is if i delete my existing profile and create a new one, would i get another invitation from oinp or not. Experts please help!!!
Yes. When you re-create your profile, you will be eligible to get a fresh PT notification from Ontario.

mandeep_29

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
If you were legally entitled to work during that period, then you could add the experience. Any work experience in Canada WHILE you were a full time student does not count. If you finished your degree in Dec 2014 AND you were legally entitled to work (not sure if this is possible without having a pgwp) after that, then you could count that exp.

thats the problem I am not sure thanks tho

Dimitris

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
Doc's Request.
10-10-2016
Nomination.....
Pending
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
Guys please help me. Questions.
1. My foreign reference letter do I have to translate to English or because my boss know English is ok to write it in the English language?

2. He needs to put my noc too because now I'm talking about foreign experience.

3. Did you include any T4s?

4. About proof of means financial support did you get a letter from the bank or print from Web banking?

Thank you very much. I didn't expect it was going to be so much difficult and stressful. Thank you all.