August 22, 2015
Passport Req..
January 15, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Februray 03, 2016
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
I disagree with Asivad on this;

BC PNP is all employer driven, this means you needed an employer to get the nomination, so what happens when you no longer have an employer? This might mean you may not be eligible for that nomination.

So my candid advice is if you had lost your job after getting the PNP you would have to notify the province, its their call to decide if you are still eligible to be nominated or they choose to withdraw it...
Your lawyer gave you the correct answer, CIC agents are only customer service representative!

Its up to you to take the risk and not inform the province or CIC!

GOODLUCK!!!

gkdeore

Sep 21, 2015
Thank you everyone for the input!

I have notified both, PNP and CIC about my loss of employment.

Yes, my nomination required me to have a permanent job offer, and PNP required my employer to fill out some documentation.

But I know one person who went through a similar situation (prior to Express Entry), who lost his job after getting nominated. He notified the province, and his nomination was not withdrawn. Is this a standard rule?

So again, I have absolutely no idea what will happen in my case.

KelChiAvan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
August 22, 2015
Passport Req..
January 15, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Februray 03, 2016
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
I would say you don't compare your situation with others, just keep praying and hope for the best!

gkdeore

Sep 21, 2015
Well, I'm hoping for the best, but preparing myself for the worst!

1. Assuming the worst case, if BC retracts my nomination, how long will it take for them to do that? I had informed them a couple of weeks ago.
2. Will CIC recalculate my score and issue (or not) the ITA again?
3. If they decide not to issue ITA, will they immediately void my application or give me any notification/ warning/ ask for additional documentation?

Tons of questions!! I'm getting a little restless since my work permit expires in December. I need to apply for a bridging WP, but I read that you need the letter confirming that I've qualified under the selected stream. I haven`t received any such message. The closest thing I have is a message mentioning that they`ve received my application and will evaluate it.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gkdeore said:
Well, I'm hoping for the best, but preparing myself for the worst!

1. Assuming the worst case, if BC retracts my nomination, how long will it take for them to do that? I had informed them a couple of weeks ago.
2. Will CIC recalculate my score and issue (or not) the ITA again?
3. If they decide not to issue ITA, will they immediately void my application or give me any notification/ warning/ ask for additional documentation?

Tons of questions!! I'm getting a little restless since my work permit expires in December. I need to apply for a bridging WP, but I read that you need the letter confirming that I've qualified under the selected stream. I haven`t received any such message. The closest thing I have is a message mentioning that they`ve received my application and will evaluate it.
When did you get the ITA and what was the draw cutoff?

In the worst-case scenario of BC revoking your PN, you might still be in with a chance when CIC recalculates your score to 470 and, if the draw cutoff were lower than that for that particular draw, your application would still be processed based on those points.

gkdeore

Sep 21, 2015
Asivad Anac said:

In the worst-case scenario of BC revoking your PN, you might still be in with a chance when CIC recalculates your score to 470 and, if the draw cutoff were lower than that for that particular draw, your application would still be processed based on those points.
I received ITA in the May 22 draw, the cutoff was 755!!!!!!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Asivad Anac said:

Asavid, we are on the same wave length. 470 is a decent number so we will keep our collective fingers crossed that gkdeore's ITA was granted on a lower number than that.

gkdeore

Sep 21, 2015
Pippin said:
Asavid, we are on the same wave length. 470 is a decent number so we will keep our collective fingers crossed that gkdeore's ITA was granted on a lower number than that.
Thank you Pippin, but unfortunately the cutoff was 755. My only hope is that the nomination doesn`t get revoked or CIC doesn`t care about the changed circumstances... :-\

gkdeore

Sep 21, 2015
My apologies, should've provided an update a long time ago on this thread. I did get my PR. Changed employment status didn't really have any impact on my PN.

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
My apologies, should've provided an update a long time ago on this thread. I did get my PR. Changed employment status didn't really have any impact on my PN.
hii..were you unemployed until you get PR? i am at the edge of losing my job and in similar situation...can you please reply?

Nujaya

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
sri lanka
I found this on the Post BC PNP guide -

"Changes In Your Employment Status

If you have been nominated under the International Post-Graduate category of the Skills Immigration stream or the Express Entry BC stream, you do not need to notify the BC PNP of changes in your employment status unless you require a work permit support letter (see Appendix 2)."

What does this means? But again they have informed that you need to inform any changes to decide that the new job meet the requirements for nomination and can demonstrate that you have the ability to economically establish in B.C

Can some one please explain