Express Entry in a nutshell

resu

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15 - 02 - 2017
jiger kothamdi said:
hi thanks for the info very informative.
I have a question I have already filled ee profile and I have scored 408 points. I have also registered for the job bank. but in my ee application its still showing pending. I have input the job code and also ee profile number.
secondly when do u actually have to pay for visa fees.
thanks
When did you fill your profiles in EE and Job bank? EE takes 24-48 hours for reflecting Job Bank registration.

Have you activated the Job Bank profile?

You pay the Visa Fees when you receive the ITA and submit the documents.

aircanada

May 27, 2014
Hi.

I have a bachelor's from my home country and Canadian masters. I'm a CEC applicant.

I didn't list my bachelor's in my profile so that I don't have to worry about submitting documents for it? I don't have an ECA for my bachelor.

Is this okay?

jiger kothamdi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
LAGOS, NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nigeria
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2017-02-21
AOR Received.
2017-06-17
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
resu said:
When did you fill your profiles in EE and Job bank? EE takes 24-48 hours for reflecting Job Bank registration.

Have you activated the Job Bank profile?

You pay the Visa Fees when you receive the ITA and submit the documents.
hi thanks for the info
I filled the ee profile yesterday and also registered with the job bank. but not yet 24 hrs.
so it means I have to wait.
thanks

resu

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15 - 02 - 2017
aircanada said:
Hi.

I have a bachelor's from my home country and Canadian masters. I'm a CEC applicant.

I didn't list my bachelor's in my profile so that I don't have to worry about submitting documents for it? I don't have an ECA for my bachelor.

Is this okay?
As long as you have a masters from Canada, it would be sufficient. Also you have more than one year experience post that. I think you are good..

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Dear Raj and other seniors,

Thank you for all the support so far, I am about to submit my eAPR and have following questions:

1. I joined a company in Sep 2012 and travelled to Canada in Jan 2013 and was back on July 2015 but I claimed points only for Canadian exp and July 2015 onwards. No issues here right ? Asking because I didnt include exp before going Canada as this was not adding any points but my experience letter has date from Sep 2012 to till date. Of course in all these durations I was in same company and same roles and responsibilities. I will be mentioning everything I haven't mentioned in work history in LOE.

2. My WP extension refused while in Canada but the reference letter has deputation end date till I was in Canada (refusal date + 4 days) and I also have mail from HR stating that as per their record I was in Canada till that date and cannot give letter till (refusal date) I worked, I will include this detail in LOE. Any issue here?

3. Lastly, my degree is bilingual (both in native and english languages) this should be ok and no affidavit required, right?

Please help and suggest.

Feb 1, 2016
Pittsburgh, United States
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Morning Friends -

I am working on submitting my documents post ITA and have 2 queries :

• I have done my B.Tech from India. While uploading my documents, should I submit the scanned copy of my degree only or my pass certificates for Class 10th/12th as well?
  • I have to go for the medical exam at the designated practitioner's place. Is there a document or Ref ID that I need to take to the Doctor so that he can mention it on the report? Do the doctors give us a detailed report which we need to upload or do they sent it directly to CIC?
  • Lame Question. What is an AOR? I see it referenced at times on the forum but cant figure it out.

Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
checkmimails@gmail.com said:
Good Morning Friends -

I am working on submitting my documents post ITA and have 2 queries :

• I have done my B.Tech from India. While uploading my documents, should I submit the scanned copy of my degree only or my pass certificates for Class 10th/12th as well?
  • I have to go for the medical exam at the designated practitioner's place. Is there a document or Ref ID that I need to take to the Doctor so that he can mention it on the report? Do the doctors give us a detailed report which we need to upload or do they sent it directly to CIC?
  • Lame Question. What is an AOR? I see it referenced at times on the forum but cant figure it out.

Thanks
Hi,

1) Just your degree. You only need to upload what you are claiming points for.
2)Call the doctor, make an appointment and ask what they will need you to bring. They will most likely only need your Express Entry number and passport.
3) They give you an Upfront medical report which you then upload of your application.
4) AOR is Acknowledgement of Receipt. In other words, its confirmation of your application being received by Canada Immigration.

Hope this helps.

All the best

sivapras

Dec 24, 2012
Hi All,

I have a doubt regarding my EE profile. Can any one clarify me. Right now my CRS score is 431 points. with CELPIP scores L-11,R-7,S-7,W-7. My CELPIP score is valid till 10-Apr-2017. I already given one more attempt last year with IELTS and scores are L-6.5,S-6,R-6,W-6. I don't want to update my scores before 10-Apr-2017.As it would reduce my CRS score to 416.

If I get nomination from OINP or ITA from CIC before 10-Apr-2017. What I have to do as my score will not be valid after 10-Apr-2017. Can I send me LOE with my updated test results. Will that be a problem. Please help me.

Thanks
Satay

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
sivapras said:
Hi All,

I have a doubt regarding my EE profile. Can any one clarify me. Right now my CRS score is 431 points. with CELPIP scores L-11,R-7,S-7,W-7. My CELPIP score is valid till 10-Apr-2017. I already given one more attempt last year with IELTS and scores are L-6.5,S-6,R-6,W-6. I don't want to update my scores before 10-Apr-2017.As it would reduce my CRS score to 416.

If I get nomination from OINP or ITA from CIC before 10-Apr-2017. What I have to do as my score will not be valid after 10-Apr-2017. Can I send me LOE with my updated test results. Will that be a problem. Please help me.

Thanks
Satay
You MUST get an AOR before 10th April, otherwise you'll need to update the language test with a new test.

In order to get an AOR you must first get and ITA, get all the documentation you need, take the medical exams, submit everything and pay the fee.

And to get an ITA the CRS cut off would need to come down to 431 or you would need a nominations (are you an OINP 2016 candidate?).

On the plus side, if your CRS only goes down to 416 you would still be able to keep your NoM (if you are a OINP 2016 can.)

prabag

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
Hello Everyone,
HELP.....................
I am with 441 CRS score and received ITA in 55th draw. I am Primary applicant.
I have given IELTS on 23rd Jan 2016 and obtained L/S/R/W as 8/8/7.5/7. My wife given IELTS on 24th August 2015 and obtained score as 8/6.5/7.5/6.5. This IELTS score gives us 441 CRS score.
Both of us retake IELTS on 20th Feb 2016 in order to improve CRS score, but obtained less score than before, which infact lowers the CRS score.
I kept the old score of 23rd Jan 2016 for me and 24th Aug 2015 for wife, which gives us 441 CRS score.
Now real worry starts here:
IN ITA, it's mentioned on 2nd page as:
" Some examples of changes which could result in lower CRS score as:
1. You no longer have valid job offer;
2. You no longer have provincial nomination;
3. "Your language test scores have expired or upon re-taking them, the score are lower."

Kindly suggest: 1) which scores to use, retaken or which give high CRS score (23rd Jan 2016 for me and 24th Aug 2015 for wife).
2) Whether to go ahead with PR visa application with the above situation?

Please help.
Thanks in advance

doro_07

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Hello Guys,

Since you all have been so helpful last time I was here I would ask you a simple question.
My EE profile expires on 29th March. My CRS is 438. The profile is a bit old now. Do you think I still have a chance to be picked up for ITA or should I create a new one?

Thank you all for your suggestions.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
prabag said:
Hello Everyone,
HELP.....................
I am with 441 CRS score and received ITA in 55th draw. I am Primary applicant.
I have given IELTS on 23rd Jan 2016 and obtained L/S/R/W as 8/8/7.5/7. My wife given IELTS on 24th August 2015 and obtained score as 8/6.5/7.5/6.5. This IELTS score gives us 441 CRS score.
Both of us retake IELTS on 20th Feb 2016 in order to improve CRS score, but obtained less score than before, which infact lowers the CRS score.
I kept the old score of 23rd Jan 2016 for me and 24th Aug 2015 for wife, which gives us 441 CRS score.
Now real worry starts here:
IN ITA, it's mentioned on 2nd page as:
" Some examples of changes which could result in lower CRS score as:
1. You no longer have valid job offer;
2. You no longer have provincial nomination;
3. "Your language test scores have expired or upon re-taking them, the score are lower."

Kindly suggest: 1) which scores to use, retaken or which give high CRS score (23rd Jan 2016 for me and 24th Aug 2015 for wife).
2) Whether to go ahead with PR visa application with the above situation?

Please help.
Thanks in advance
You IELTS expires 23/01/2018 and your wife will expire on 24/08/2017... So long as you submit everything and get an AOR BEFORE these dates your are fine!

If you got ITA today thene you'll need to get an AOR by 22 of MAY... so just go ahead with the current (high score) IELTS.

Feb 1, 2016
Pittsburgh, United States
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TanakaM said:
Hi,

1) Just your degree. You only need to upload what you are claiming points for.
2)Call the doctor, make an appointment and ask what they will need you to bring. They will most likely only need your Express Entry number and passport.
3) They give you an Upfront medical report which you then upload of your application.
4) AOR is Acknowledgement of Receipt. In other words, its confirmation of your application being received by Canada Immigration.

Hope this helps.

All the best
Thanks..

Today's score went down to 441. Yay!!! Congratulations to all those who made it in this draw.

dynamite38

Jul 9, 2016
Hi,

I found this forum to be very useful with loads of knowledge and informative updates, and I hope some of you could answer my queries.

My wife is a Primary Applicant in Express Entry System, and her profile was created on 17-Sep-2016 with CRS 440. I have contributed 20 points to her CRS through IELTS under Spouse Language Proficiency factor. However, my IELTS score got expired recently as the exam date was 07-Feb-2015.

To my surprise, her profile (Application Status - Open) still shows her CRS as 440 though my IELTS got expired. I have already booked the test slot for 04-Mar-2017 to give IELTS again and keep the score active.

Now, here are my questions...

1) Is it a bug that the CRS of my wife's profile didn't update by removing the points attained through Spouse's IELTS? or it doesn't refresh for Spouse Language scores?
2) If the CRS on my wife's profile remains to be 440, and the minimum CRS requirement for the next draw (i.e. 8-Mar-17 supposedly) goes below 440 which is very likely...do we get an ITA? If yes, does the ITA still hold good as my IELTS was already expired?
3) In case we get an ITA, can I use a letter of explaination to show my new IELTS score (hopefully retain CLB9) to be given on 04-Mar-17 in the post ITA documentation stage?
4) In general...does the IELTS score have to be valid and current even during post ITA stage i.e. after receiving ITA?

Appreciate if any of you could help answer these queries.

gemini08

Feb 23, 2017
Hello all,
My spouse and I are interested in relocating to Canada via Express Entry (currently without a job offer). After having done thorough research on CIC and scanned through several posts in this website, I have a question that continues to be unanswered (I am a newbie here and apologize if this has already been addressed somewhere)

What are the chances that someone with all the other criteria checked and without a valid job offer gets an ITA? Have you seen such cases?
I know that it all depends on the CRS points, which obviously increases if you have a valid job offer. But, let's say, I have scored well for all the other criteria without the job offer.

Is it implicit that you need to have a valid job offer to get an ITA? If yes, I would rather hunt for canadian jobs first (from outside Canada) and then apply for a PR status through EE.

Ofcourse, CIC does not directly mention this anywhere. It uses the CRS system quite intelligently to determine if a candidate if worthy of being issued an ITA.

I ask this to make that decision whether I really want to invest the time and effort in building an EE profile without a job offer. I am in the Pre-application phase and yet to take language tests as well.

Appreciate if someone can throw clear light on this.

Thanks.
gemini08