+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
checkmimails@gmail.com said:
Thanks, I called up the Doctor and booked an appointment. However the lady asked me to get the registration/confirmation number from the emedical website. I didnt even understand what she was asking. :-[
She said that there should be some registration done by the Canada Immigration on the emedical where they can upload the medical results. I didnt understand a thing.
I am currently in Pittsburgh, USA. Has someone done the medicals in USA? Any help on the registration/confirmation number?

Also, my current organization is not releasing me a letter with my current job responsibilities. Is it okay to get a letter from your colleague who is lower than you in the Company Hierarchy. Like can a Senior Consultant get the letter from a colleague who is a Consultant? Any suggestions?
I am guessing that they might have asked for IME number. I am in US and I had the same issue too. IME number is a meant for family category. You need to tell them that you need to do upfront medicals meant for express entry and the class is worker non-EDE. Explain them that only for family category medicals there would be an IME number and there is no such thing for worker category.

I really had tough time convincing the front desk staff on this and they clarified it with the doctor and gave an appointment on next day without the number. You might have similar experience convincing them too, but stay on try to explain them.

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Hello People,

One trivial question:

Can mailing address and current (residential) address be different ?
Actually, the place where I stay is newly built and not suitable for mailing so can I keep different addresses for these?

gemini08

Feb 23, 2017
TanakaM said:
Yes, you can create two profiles. But what I would advise is, calculate your scores with you as the principle applicant and then with your spouse as the principle member. Then just create a profile with whoever has the most points. Also consider who will be able to easily get all the required documents.

use this tool to calculate your points:

All the best
Thank you!!

Right now, my spouse and I are doing well in our current jobs. So, in the event one of us gets the ITA followed by PR Visa, can we look for jobs from our current location itself? We do not want to quit our jobs and go to Canada in search of new ones.
How long is the visa valid? And what are the success rates if we want to look for jobs from our location itself?

Looking forward to your response!

Regards.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
gemini08 said:
Thank you!!

Right now, my spouse and I are doing well in our current jobs. So, in the event one of us gets the ITA followed by PR Visa, can we look for jobs from our current location itself? We do not want to quit our jobs and go to Canada in search of new ones.
How long is the visa valid? And what are the success rates if we want to look for jobs from our location itself?

Looking forward to your response!

Regards.
Hi,

Once you get PR, you must land in before the expiry date of your Visa or the expiry of you medicals, whichever comes first. So you may have a few months to look for a job from within your home country. I wouldn't know what the success rate is as it is dependent on a number of factors.

All the best

bpcsekhar

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Hi all, I have received ITA on 22nd Feb'17, my CRS being 445.....

Can Someone kindly clarify the following:

1. Should Spouse PCC be taken even though she is not accompanying...

2.Understand Medicals to be done, even if spouse not accompanying...is this correct....

3.Can PF be shown as Proof of Funds....if so in what way....

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
bpcsekhar said:

2.Understand Medicals to be done, even if spouse not accompanying...is this correct....

Hi, congrats on your ITA.

I can only help with q1 and 2. Yes for both. Hope the senior guys can answer the other.

regards

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bpcsekhar said:

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) You can show EPF, yes but the onus of proving that the funds can easily liquidated lies on you.

Check the below post out for #3 -->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/procedure-to-get-pf-balance-certificate-and-ac-statement-from-pf-officeindia-t412642.0.html;msg5155921#msg5155921

bpcsekhar

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
rajkamalmohanram said:
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) You can show EPF, yes but the onus of proving that the funds can easily liquidated lies on you.

Check the below post out for #3 -->
Thank you Raj...One more query: for undergoing Medicals how will the hospital link the reports to my profile.....what documents should we show to the hospital...any form to be filled up and submitted....kindly clarify

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
bpcsekhar said:
Thank you Raj...One more query: for undergoing Medicals how will the hospital link the reports to my profile.....what documents should we show to the hospital...any form to be filled up and submitted....kindly clarify
They give you an Upfront medical report which you then upload of your application. They will most likely only need your Express Entry number and passport, but to be sure call and ask them.

All the best

bpcsekhar

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
TanakaM said:
They give you an Upfront medical report which you then upload of your application. They will most likely only need your Express Entry number and passport, but to be sure call and ask them.

All the best
Thank you TanakaM.....

hope2017

Feb 14, 2017
Experts,
I gave my IELTS and got below score.
R: 5.5, L: 5.5, R: 6 and S:7. Totals IELTS 6. Am i eligible for FSW and EE?
Or should i retake IELTS.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
hope2017 said:
Experts,
I gave my IELTS and got below score.
R: 5.5, L: 5.5, R: 6 and S:7. Totals IELTS 6. Am i eligible for FSW and EE?
Or should i retake IELTS.
Retake IELTS and try to score L 8, R 7,S 7, W 7
This will take your score above 400 required to be eligible for PNP OR receive direct ITA if your score shoots upto 450

bpcsekhar

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
I am not finding the section to upload the documents in PR Application....can some one please clarify...