Express Entry in a nutshell

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronakshah92 said:
I have a query about NOC. Please advise me whether I qualify for "3 or more years....". Following are my experiences:

NOC 1111 - 1 yr(Mar12-Feb13)
NOC 1112 - 1 yr(Mar13-Feb-14)
NOC 1111 - 6mths(Jun15-Aug15 and Dec15-Feb16)
NOC 1112 - 6mths(Mar15 - current)
Total - 3 yrs

All above experience comes under NOC "A". Can it be classified as "3 or more years of work ex........" to claim max points? Or it should be in one NOC (eg. 1111) only? Thanks
It can be in multiple NOCs, so yes, you can choose "3 or more..."

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamy said:
Only thing I received was an email which had number B057*****
This email stated

For the reasons outlined above, your application does not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions and your application is not eligible for processing.

The fees that you have paid are refundable.
( I had not paid any fees)
Hi Rajkamal,

Is this considered returned application, they didn't return anything physically neither they mentioned it is returned. Only thing they mentioned it will not be processed and fees is refundable.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kamy said:
Hi Rajkamal,

Is this considered returned application, they didn't return anything physically neither they mentioned it is returned. Only thing they mentioned it will not be processed and fees is refundable.
What you received is a Receipt Number (IMM 5401). This is not UCI. IMO, this is NOT a "rejection" per say. Your application was "not processed" and dropped as opposed to "processed but rejected for XX reason". So IMO, this is not a "refusal"/"rejection" within the context of the statutory question.

If you are not going to take legal help, then you might want to consider mentioning YES to that question and uploading whatever e-mail/letter you got from IRCC. Though I can be fairly sure that this need not be reported, I could be wrong. Better safe than sorry.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
What you received is a Receipt Number (IMM 5401). This is not UCI. IMO, this is NOT a "rejection" per say. Your application was "not processed" and dropped as opposed to "processed but rejected for XX reason". So IMO, this is not a "refusal"/"rejection" within the context of the statutory question.

If you are not going to take legal help, then you might want to consider mentioning YES to that question and uploading whatever e-mail/letter you got from IRCC. Though I can be fairly sure that this need not be reported, I could be wrong. Better safe than sorry.
Makes sense, Thanks

JSN_2016

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JSN_2016 said:
Dear Raj/Stanlee/Istari,

Can you all please give your comments for this "Am I missing any important documents for e-APR (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/am-i-missing-any-important-documents-for-eapr-t451009.0.html)"? I am going to submit my application. I need ur help guys.Thanks in advance.
Hi Raj,

Can you please give your comment on the above post. Do I need to move some documents from each sections to LOE section? I have a couple of days left to submit my application.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife didn't have a surname in all her documents before marriage, after marriage she added my surname which is also on her latest passport now, I believe this amounts to name change.

First Name Last Name(Surname)

Before Marriage Swara Preet
After Marriage Swara Preet Singh

So, I am trying to marking this in online PR application which opens another field to mention her previous name, since she didn't have surname which was the only difference. I tried it but it doesn't let me progress with surname blank.How can I get over this?

CIC is showing a required document for this change, I believe it would require an notorized affidavit, please share your experience.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamy said:
My wife didn't have a surname in all her documents before marriage, after marriage she added my surname which is also on her latest passport now, I believe this amounts to name change.

So, I am trying to marking this in online PR application which opens another field to mention her previous name, since she didn't have surname which was the only difference. I tried it but it doesn't let me progress with surname blank.How can I get over this?
Write "Not Applicable" in the surname field.

CIC is showing a required document for this change, I believe it would require an notorized affidavit, please share your experience.
Your marriage certificate should be fine.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kamy said:

You should key in the first name in the place of last name and leave the first name blank. Do not write N/A or Not applicable.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
No, please don't suggest that in case someone doesn't have a last name.

Check this --->

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:

Check this --->
Thanks for correcting me. I read somewhere on the forum that you should write not applicable; I should've known better and checked CIC.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:

Check this --->
Wow, Thanks million times. you are awesome.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
Thanks for correcting me. I read somewhere on the forum that you should write not applicable; I should've known better and checked CIC.
Thanks Istari, you were just trying to help as always. Wrong or right, these intricacies are get addressed and right answers are coming up at the end.

Wasf

Sep 9, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
If you are asking if your CRS depends on the score that is picked by CIC in every draw, then no.

You are assigned a score based on your profile. CIC conducts roughly 2 draws per month and invites approximately 3000 people a month. They decide the cutoff score. If your CRS >= the lowest cutoff chosen by CIC, you will receive an ITA.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:

Check this --->
Unfortunately, this also didn't work. Now instead of throwing error of Last Name Mandatory, it shows that First Name is mandatory and doesn't let me progress. For now, I have put "Not Applicable"