+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Naren543

Jul 19, 2016
Dear Rajkamal, this is an excellent post. The link to the screenshots doesn't seem to open. Could you please provide any alternate links.

Regards
Naren

Sluffy

May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
I have a question concerning proof of funds.
At the moment I have a savings account and the sum is enough to be submitted as proof of funds.
But if we take 6 months bank statement, the average sum will be less than required, as it is the savings account and the money was accumulating on it with some minor withdrawals. Would be this statement enough for CIC?
Or is it better to create one more account with some more money to confirm the funds?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Sluffy said:
I have a question concerning proof of funds.
At the moment I have a savings account and the sum is enough to be submitted as proof of funds.
But if we take 6 months bank statement, the average sum will be less than required, as it is the savings account and the money was accumulating on it with some minor withdrawals. Would be this statement enough for CIC?
Or is it better to create one more account with some more money to confirm the funds?
The whole purpose why IRCC wants to see 6 months statements is to check if the POF that you are using is borrowed. As long as you can prove that the money is yours and not borrowed, you are good to go!

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Under ID-Documents Summary in PR application, do we need to enter only current passport or previous passports as well?

Sluffy

May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
The whole purpose why IRCC wants to see 6 months statements is to check if the POF that you are using is borrowed. As long as you can prove that the money is yours and not borrowed, you are good to go!
Now it's clear, thank you!

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
I suppose you need to mention about your current PP only.
Please tell us about XX(Principal Applicant)'s immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.

This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters. If the relative is deceased, provide the date of death.

I believe I don't have to add my spouse and children under this form in online application because they are already part of application?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kamy said:
Please tell us about XX(Principal Applicant)'s immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.

This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters. If the relative is deceased, provide the date of death.

I believe I don't have to add my spouse and children under this form in online application because they are already part of application?
Yes, correct. Since you have identified your spouse and child in your application, you do not have to add their details in this part of the application form.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes, correct. Since you have identified your spouse and child in your application, you do not have to add their details in this part of the application form.
Thanks Rajkamal

We will assessXX'ss secondary and post-secondary periods of study for eligibility for Express Entry, and use them to calculate Kamal Bhardwaj's score. You can tell us about each period of study by filling in the fields below.

I had filled in Bachelor and Master degree which were evaluated by WES and visible in the form, do I need to add school level education as well? I see secondary school in level of education.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kamy said:
Thanks Rajkamal

We will assessXX'ss secondary and post-secondary periods of study for eligibility for Express Entry, and use them to calculate Kamal Bhardwaj's score. You can tell us about each period of study by filling in the fields below.

I had filled in Bachelor and Master degree which were evaluated by WES and visible in the form, do I need to add school level education as well? I see secondary school in level of education.
No. Not required. Enter whatever credential has been evaluated by WES.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has XX been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

I had sent a paper PR application to Nova Scotia 5 years back without any research and my NOC was not in the list of approved occupation to qualify for PR so CIC didn't process my application. Does this qualify me to mark above question as 'yes'?

JSN_2016

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
It's better to be safe than sorry, so I suggest you include all variations you have encountered.
Thanks, Istari and Raj. I got an affidavit from Canadian Commissioner of Oaths for Ontario.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kamy said:
Has XX been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

I had sent a paper PR application to Nova Scotia 5 years back without any research and my NOC was not in the list of approved occupation to qualify for PR so CIC didn't process my application. Does this qualify me to mark above question as 'yes'?
I don't think so. If your application was "RETURNED" as opposed to "REJECTED" because you were found ineligible in the very beginning, then IMO, this does not count as rejection. I suppose you would not have got any UCI number along with your returned application?