+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sushsub said:
What is needed for upfront medicals? You will not having your ITA and what else will be giving them for uploading your medicals
They didn't ask me any immigration document (ITA letter etc) when I did my upfront medical exam. You just need your passport and photos to get it done. You should confirm this with your DMP.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bellaluna said:
I missed the news of your nomination, so congratulations, Raj, on having the privilege to be a thread starter for November 2016 AORs. :D This will be a piece of cake for you.
Thank you! So, how is Canada? :)

tonykaram123

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Change of status of medicals is normal. I am not sure about the BG Checks.
Yes the BG is strange. I'm a single FSW outland applicant. I don't know maybe the processing time is faster for single applicants vs families.

PrettyCanada

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors,

When my current WP expires, I will have to apply for visitor visa for me and my dependents (spouse and daughter). At present, I am waiting for OINP nomination (FSW Inland). I have few questions regarding Visitor Visa:

1. Is waiting for OINP nomination or ITA is a valid reason to apply for Visitor Visa, or some other reason needs to be stated to get Visitor visa?
2. Can I apply for my and dependants visa through my current EE profile, or I will have to create separate profile for dependent?
3. Before how much time of WP expiry, I should apply for Visitor Visa?
4. If I am on visitor visa, and meanwhile I received AOR for ITA then will I be able to apply for BOWP/OWP?

One question not related to Visitor Visa:

1. What is the difference between BOWP and OPen work permit? After ITA AOR, are we eligible for BOWP or OWP?

Your inputs will be very helpful to me. If this is not right forum, please provide me a link where I can put these questions.

Thanks in advance and good luck for your ITA processing!!

jammin24

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Among the mandatory documents to be submitted is proof of work experience, which requires references from each work experience declared. How far back do we need to go with the declaration? There's no time frame given. Does it have to be for our entire work history?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jammin24 said:
Among the mandatory documents to be submitted is proof of work experience, which requires references from each work experience declared. How far back do we need to go with the declaration? There's no time frame given. Does it have to be for our entire work history?
Only for the jobs that you are claiming points for. Keep everything else out of the work history section and in the personal history section alone.

CruiseControl

Apr 28, 2016
Hey, nice to have this thread to follow.

I have my PCC and almost all the other documents in place (still waiting for two reference letters to arrive). I'm waiting for the ITA in order to book my upfront medical exams, and then I intend to submit the application ASAP.

I'll be keeping an eye on the thread, and helping when I can!

Cheers.

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
PrettyCanada said:
Hi Seniors,

When my current WP expires, I will have to apply for visitor visa for me and my dependents (spouse and daughter). At present, I am waiting for OINP nomination (FSW Inland). I have few questions regarding Visitor Visa:

1. Is waiting for OINP nomination or ITA is a valid reason to apply for Visitor Visa, or some other reason needs to be stated to get Visitor visa?
2. Can I apply for my and dependants visa through my current EE profile, or I will have to create separate profile for dependent?
3. Before how much time of WP expiry, I should apply for Visitor Visa?
4. If I am on visitor visa, and meanwhile I received AOR for ITA then will I be able to apply for BOWP/OWP?

1. What is the difference between BOWP and OPen work permit? After ITA AOR, are we eligible for BOWP or OWP?

Your inputs will be very helpful to me. If this is not right forum, please provide me a link where I can put these questions.

Thanks in advance and good luck for your ITA processing!!
To answer your questions 1 by 1:

1- Unfortunately its not a valid reason to apply for a visitor visa.
2- You cannot apply for a visitor visa through your EE profile neither for you or your dependants (it must be a different profile).
3- I would say 3-4 months before, just to make sure you have enough time. You also need to make sure that you will have a valid status in Canada to apply for PR or wait for OINP.
4- You wont be able to apply for BOWP/OWP if you get ITA.

BOWP: if you have a PR application in process, and you current work permit will expire soon, Canada gives you the opportunity to apply for "Bridge Open Work Permit" until they make a final decision on your file.

More info here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

OWP: Is work permit issued for mostly 3 years, and sometimes it only one year depends on your degree. Its also not for a specific job.

More info here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=176&top=17

When does your WP expire?

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks and good luck

jammin24

Star Member
May 4, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Only for the jobs that you are claiming points for. Keep everything else out of the work history section and in the personal history section alone.
Thanks