+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

nodet

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply Iceberge! It seems that other people are saying that when they want to issue the PR visa the passport has to be valid for more than 6 months.

iceberge said:
I never heard that passport has to be valid another 6 months while PR issuing. I though if passport is valid PR issuing time that's all doesn't matter after how long it valid or not, does anyone know.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iceberge said:
I never heard that passport has to be valid another 6 months while PR issuing. I though if passport is valid PR issuing time that's all doesn't matter after how long it valid or not, does anyone know.
Your passport has to be valid for at least 6 months in order to obtain your visa.

Candy85

Jan 4, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 20, 2015
Nomination.....
January 15, 2015
AOR Received.
April 7, 2015
File Transfer...
April 3, 2015
Passport Req..
September 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
September 16,2015
LANDED..........
September 26, 2015
Hello friends I got PPR today September 13, 2015.

I have a question, my child 5years passport expires in November and we are inland will it be a problem when I send it?

ciscotao

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2015
AOR Received.
02-05-2015
Passport Req..
01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
I believe so. All landers need to have their passport 6 month valid before sending CIC to stamp the PR Visa.

Candy85 said:
Hello friends I got PPR today September 13, 2015.

I have a question, my child 5years passport expires in November and we are inland will it be a problem when I send it?

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ciscotao said:
I believe so. All landers need to have their passport 6 month valid before sending CIC to stamp the PR Visa.
iceberge said:
It all depends if you are from a non exempt visa country or not - if you require a visa, the PPR will mention that passports have to be valid for at least 6 months and they must include at least 2 blank pages

Optimisticlady

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 17
IELTS Request
April 20
LANDED..........
In Canada
I got PPR!!! Congrats to all who received and dont give up all those who have not received yet, your time is coming.

macenfa

May 23, 2015
Hi folks,

I have just received my AOR for PR application.

Would you mind sharing how long it will take until we get a PR? I know they say less than 6 months. But any ideas on the actual processing time?

Thanks. Good luck to all of us.

:) :) :)

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
macenfa said:
Hi folks,

I have just received my AOR for PR application.

Would you mind sharing how long it will take until we get a PR? I know they say less than 6 months. But any ideas on the actual processing time?

Thanks. Good luck to all of us.

:) :) :)
There has been no trend so far, we have seen people got PR in two months and others after six months! depends on many factors such as the complexity of your application (e.g lots of travel that require longer BG check, multiple jobs, number of dependents....etc.) Also the program sometimes makes difference, some people noticed that CEC is progressed faster than FSW. Also being inland our outside Canada.

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landed Sunday the 13th of September at Thousand Islands Bridge!! Everything went smooth and so easy, didn't take more than 20 minutes for me, my spouse, and two kids.

The officer asked about the address, how much access to funds do we have, and to answer the security question and sign the forms. After 20 minutes waiting time to process our papers, he came back to confirm our PR, asked to hand over the Study Permits and Work Permits as they are no longer valid, gave us our signed copy of the CoPRs, and mentioned that PRCs will be delivered within 6 to 8 weeks to the address we provided!!

Yeayyyyyyyy - Can't believe that this journey is over!! and I really thank everyone here for the great help and support - you guys shed a light on that dark tunnel that we all have to go through!!

I wish everybody a smooth journey to their PR process Cheesy Cheesy

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KN1980 said:
Hi Kajta, Can you help me in checking where is CIC call center number listed. Do they have an E-mail ID as well. Haven't submitted my profile yet but need some clarification prior to submitting. Thanks.
I think it's 1 888 242 2100 Monday to Friday between 8 AM-4 PM, press 4 then 0. Hope it helps.

ms-can

Sep 2, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nodet said:
Thanks for the reply Iceberge! It seems that other people are saying that when they want to issue the PR visa the passport has to be valid for more than 6 months.
I sent my passports last week, I confirm that passport has to be at least 6 months valid if you are required PR Visa (not from Visa exempt country). It is clearly stated in PPR letter.