+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience letter

tiger sun

Jan 2, 2013
Dear all

I am working in hotels for past 17 years but i have experience letter(service letter) for past 12 years only.pls advise what i need to do next

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
tiger sun said:
Dear all

I am working in hotels for past 17 years but i have experience letter(service letter) for past 12 years only.pls advise what i need to do next
You are expected to provide reference letter for the jobs you held in Canada over the past 3 years. As long as you have complete reference letters for this period, you should be good.

See point 10 in the CEC checklist.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5610E.pdf

tiger sun

Jan 2, 2013
Thanks ranjit
i have been working in canada past 13 months only,so if i have reference letter for this period is fine?

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiger sun said:
Thanks ranjit
i have been working in canada past 13 months only,so if i have reference letter for this period is fine?
yes, just write an explanation of why you don't have reference letters from your past work places and you should be fine.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do not need to write an explanation letter.

CEC is based on your Canadian work experience only. In order to qualify, you must have 1 yrs work experience in an occupation 0, A or b.

If you have worked in Canada for 13 months, a reference from your employer during this period of time only is sufficient.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsm0085 said:
You do not need to write an explanation letter.
Of course he doesn't "Need" to write one, but it's a recommended option if him can give a quick explanation of his past work, it could be just a short paragraph, in case the VOs are wondering about his past. I've seen applicant's files were delayed because questions were asked regarding this past experiences, even though they were not from Canada. I'd think spending an extra 10 minutes to write up a short paragraph is better than having your files delayed for few more months.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it's important not to provide inappropriate advice to people, where possible.

What you are saying may have been true of FSW applications, but unlikely with CEC. The only time explanation letters are required is when you are unable to provide the required supporting documents.

All the applicant needs to do is provide reference letters for his time in Canada and detail the last 10 yrs of his life on the background forum.

If CEC wanted a description of each of his previous jobs... The forms would request it!

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsm0085 said:
I think it's important not to provide inappropriate advice to people, where possible.

What you are saying may have been true of FSW applications, but unlikely with CEC. The only time explanation letters are required is when you are unable to provide the required supporting documents.

All the applicant needs to do is provide reference letters for his time in Canada and detail the last 10 yrs of his life on the background forum.

If CEC wanted a description of each of his previous jobs... The forms would request it!
Actually, I applied under CEC as well, I don't know anything about FSW. Since the information I shared are real cases from people that applied under CEC, I wouldn't considered it "inappropriate", playing it safe is better is the best advice for all applicants. Besides, did I call anyone names? did I force anyone to do anything? All I did was sharing information from past CEC applicants.

Just because you don't like my advice, doesn't mean others don't appreciate them. I said it's an "option", not mandatory, meaning I didn't tell anyone they "NEED" to do as I say. Everyone here are adults, they can decide what options they want to take.

Everyone can make judgement on what information they want to take in, but calling me out by saying I'm "inappropriate" is uncalled for.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
"We are all teachers, or should be. Anyone who relays experience to another person is a teacher. Not to transmit your experience is to betray it."

Guys, we in the forum really appreciate your thoughts on the topic.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's not at all uncalled for. You are making something more complex than it needs to be. It someone wants to play it safe, simply complete the application correctly, follow the checklist and produce the mentioned documentation. If they don't have a NOA or T4, provide an explanation letter as is mentioned in the checklist.

Playing it safe doesn't mean making up random paperwork requirements and suggesting that new applicants provide them - that's called stupidity.

If CIC require something, they will ask for it. This is not something CIC require or request, as it is not related to the application! CIC has always been a pass/fail system based on education/work experience in Canada.

It's not about a difference in opinion. You are suggesting they provide something that the CIC do not want! That is just silly.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsm0085 said:
It's not at all uncalled for. You are making something more complex than it needs to be. It someone wants to play it safe, simply complete the application correctly, follow the checklist and produce the mentioned documentation. If they don't have a NOA or T4, provide an explanation letter as is mentioned in the checklist.

Playing it safe doesn't mean making up random paperwork requirements and suggesting that new applicants provide them - that's called stupidity.

If CIC require something, they will ask for it. This is not something CIC require or request, as it is not related to the application! CIC has always been a pass/fail system based on education/work experience in Canada.

It's not about a difference in opinion. You are suggesting they provide something that the CIC do not want! That is just silly.
So now you called me inappropriate, silly and dumb. Anything else?

gmail04

Jan 10, 2013
Johnny31 said:
Actually, I applied under CEC as well, I don't know anything about FSW. Since the information I shared are real cases from people that applied under CEC, I wouldn't considered it "inappropriate", playing it safe is better is the best advice for all applicants. Besides, did I call anyone names? did I force anyone to do anything? All I did was sharing information from past CEC applicants.

Just because you don't like my advice, doesn't mean others don't appreciate them. I said it's an "option", not mandatory, meaning I didn't tell anyone they "NEED" to do as I say. Everyone here are adults, they can decide what options they want to take.

Everyone can make judgement on what information they want to take in, but calling me out by saying I'm "inappropriate" is uncalled for.
agreed! thanx for your contribution to CEC and IELTS forums!

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you know what? Good luck to you all.

By all means deviate from the guidelines. If you prefer to take advice from someone who is recommending you go against the requests of CIC then go ahead. Take advice on your application and future from someone who's signature states "I lie, I cheat, I steal"!