+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience letter

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've summarized what has happened to others on the form. No one on here can give you the answer you are looking for. All you can do is try what I've suggested.

Good luck.

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
jsm0085 said:
I think that's a different matter.

You are correct regarding the LOE. However legally the LOE does not need to detail duties and responsibilities and without this, the application is likely to be rejected.
Oh, besides the letter of employment, I also forward them the documents checklist PDF highlighting the requirements, to avoid any misunderstandings. ;D

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
jsm0085 said:
To your employer or to CIC?
to my employer. why would I need to highlight that to CIC?

when 2 of my ex-employers said they don't have time or won't do it, I just forwarded them that checklist (and said it's required by the government, since it has a Immigrations of Canada logo/words). No employer wants to mess with the government (they would also be worried if we lodge a complain against them for not issuing it). Sometimes you have to give them a bit of a push, otherwise they will never understand or care. They do not have any right to deny us that letter.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shells said:
to my employer. why would I need to highlight that to CIC?

when 2 of my ex-employers said they don't have time or won't do it, I just forwarded them that checklist (and said it's required by the government, since it has a Immigrations of Canada logo/words). No employer wants to mess with the government (they would also be worried if we lodge a complain against them for not issuing it). Sometimes you have to give them a bit of a push, otherwise they will never understand or care. They do not have any right to deny us that letter.
That makes a lot of sense. Good advice to submit the checklist also.

However, they are not legally required to provide a reference containing the duties and responsibilities, only the equivalent of the LOE.

morgan_tagalog

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 9, 2012
AOR Received.
jan 09, 2013
File Transfer...
jan 10, 2013
Med's Request
feb 28, 2013
Med's Done....
mar 9,2013
Passport Req..
jan 28 '14
VISA ISSUED...
countin..
LANDED..........
in canada
jsm0085 said:
I've summarized what has happened to others on the form. No one on here can give you the answer you are looking for. All you can do is try what I've suggested.

Good luck.
Okay, i will not going to use this experience to apply for cec, since i just have almost 6 months of working as a skilled from here. My current occupation is still skilled and am just waiting for a couple of weeks to have enough time for my one year experience. If i can secure the reference letter with my current employer, then, is it necessary to have the reference letter from my previous job? The one that i have problem getting my reference letter?

Thanks!

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
morgan_tagalog said:
Okay, i will not going to use this experience to apply for cec, since i just have almost 6 months of working as a skilled from here. My current occupation is still skilled and am just waiting for a couple of weeks to have enough time for my one year experience. If i can secure the reference letter with my current employer, then, is it necessary to have the reference letter from my previous job? The one that i have problem getting my reference letter?

Thanks!
Technically they want reference letters for all work within Canada for the last three years.

However, assuming you have a reference letter from your existing employer where you have completed the skilled work for a period of 1 yr or more, I don't think it will be a huge issue. Just provide an explanation letter explaining that your previous employer refused to provide the detailed reference letter - provide all the other documentation you can. I THINK you should be fine.

Since they have reduced it from 2 yrs to 1 yr it's much easier. You are really required to prove 1 yr skilled work experience within Canada.

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
jsm0085 said:
That makes a lot of sense. Good advice to submit the checklist also.

However, they are not legally required to provide a reference containing the duties and responsibilities, only the equivalent of the LOE.
Under normal circumstances, yah.. no employer needs to include those duties in the letter. But under "immigrations" circumstances, which is required by Service Canada.. I'm not so sure about that.

I was super-thick skin.. haha! One of my district managers never replied (I must have sent somewhere between 4 emails and 5 phone calls) to any of my attempts to get in touch with her.. I even typed two emails to the head office in Ontario. And then I just blew my head off.. got so frustrated with them.. asking sarcastically, is this how xyz company does things? Is it that difficult for an employee just to get a simple 1 page letter?? And then, they finally sent it to me (letter together with past year's T4).

One thing I learned from my fiance (he's a extremely capable territory sales manager).. he always say to me, you need to be persistent and thick skin.. first time, second time, third time you don't get it.. keep going back for fourth, fifth, sixth time.. you will get it in the end, only if you try hard enough. He spent two-three years chasing after some of his big clients who end up giving him millions of sales annually. ;D