+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment letter concern

cake123

Aug 23, 2015
Hi, every one, just found on my employment reference letter it only mentioned the words" full time, permanent, and indeterminate " and did not say it is a non seasonal, any risk for that?
I am inland and with lmia
Thanks a lot

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
As long as it says full time and permanent there should not be a problem. But indeterminate might be a cause of worry. Is there any chance you can get a new letter without indeterminate mentioned in it?

cake123

Aug 23, 2015
JK_CAD said:
As long as it says full time and permanent there should not be a problem. But indeterminate might be a cause of worry. Is there any chance you can get a new letter without indeterminate mentioned in it?
Txt for the reply, may I know the reason why the word indeterminate could cause problems? From my letter is says" we are pleased to offer xxx a permanent job position on an indeterminate basic" and I have sub my app
Tx

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
Is that word applicable to your job? The meaning of that word comes out to be undetermined, uncertain, unknown, unspecified, unstipulated, indefinite, unfixed, etc. Since CIC is clear about wordings like those so... I'm not expert to comment on this but replied what I thought.

Seniors might shed some light...

cake123

Aug 23, 2015
I just checked online :Indeterminate Employment is employment on a continuing basis, with no end date specified.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a risk because CIC explicitly asks for the word 'non-seasonal' to be mentioned in the job offer letter (for an LMIA supported job) but I imagine it is considerably reduced by having the words 'Permanent' and 'Indeterminate' in there.

cake123

Aug 23, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
There is a risk because CIC explicitly asks for the word 'non-seasonal' to be mentioned in the job offer letter (for an LMIA supported job) but I imagine it is considerably reduced by having the words 'Permanent' and 'Indeterminate' in there.
Yes. This is what I thought as well, since I already submitted , and nothing I really can do about it. Inaddition, I also submitted my t4 paper of last year, it also can prove my job is non seasonal , right?

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My HR has also provided me a letter. My job is continuous, fulltime with an indefinite end period. Will this be a problem? I am working with the company for last 1 year.

Please advise, else I will have to ask her to remove the indefinite word from it.

Thanks.

Kitua85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkumthek said:
Hi,

My HR has also provided me a letter. My job is continuous, fulltime with an indefinite end period. Will this be a problem? I am working with the company for last 1 year.

Please advise, else I will have to ask her to remove the indefinite word from it.

Thanks.
It should be fine as it serves the purpose of being in a full time continuous job
The word "indefinite" will mean that the job is continuous until you or your employer decide to discontinue it
I hope this helps

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, it says regular, full time with indefinite end date. Hope that is OK?

http404

Aug 31, 2015
cake123 said:
Hi, every one, just found on my employment reference letter it only mentioned the words" full time, permanent, and indeterminate " and did not say it is a non seasonal, any risk for that?
I am inland and with lmia
Thanks a lot
Do not worry at all. Same boat and same situation. I was an LMIA holder and inland applicant and my employment letter stated the exact same word. Going back to the employer to take it off was rejected by the legal department of the firm stating as of current date that is the status. Infact, it works in our favor as it means that the firm has no intention of laying you off as of current date and your employment with them is not seasonal.

So do not worry at all, just so you feel good. I submitted my employment letter, which had the same word and I am sitting here with my PR application approved and PR card in hand. Go for it. Goodluck.

Check my other post here where i have put in some pointers on the proof of employment - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-applicants-who-received-aor-connect-here-t269696.7320.html

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much Sir :) Really appreciate it!