+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
AJK_9 said:
Congrates Tonymiz

You are welcome. It's Moral duty towards society, nothing else

Just Pray for all Secondary Review members that what we are initiating will get positive n timely answer from the Government
Thanks AJK, I believe that the petition you sent and the emails helped speed things up. They quickly processed April, May, and June applications. I hope the SRs who are still waiting will get it soon!!

Ramik

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
tonymiz said:
I am glad to tell you that I finally received my PR card today in the mail. It is still not updated in eCAS.

My timeline is: They received the applications on June 28th, 2015
secondary review on Dec 3, 2015
I sent urgent request in July 2016
Received in the mail on Nov 23, 2016 and before my planned travel date :)

Good luck everyone and thank you all for your support during this process. Special thanks to AJK_9
Congrats Tonymiz!!!

Chrome, I'm stealing your list haha

Dec 2015: tomymiz, Mrmr, rbrar14
Jan 2016: Osama912, bahaar, harshalp, KITG, KITJ
Feb 2016: vop, kwtangerine
Mar 2016: Chrome, Ramik, Brenttristan
Apr 2016: decent guy 3
May 2016: MatQue

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 2, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 11, 2016.
We started processing your application on January 11, 2016.
We sent you correspondence on December 11, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Logout

Thats all it says for me. It is frustrating to know its been over a year and they are not doing anything to speed up the applications.

Chrome

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Ramik said:
Congrats Tonymiz!!!

Chrome, I'm stealing your list haha

Dec 2015: tomymiz, Mrmr, rbrar14
Jan 2016: Osama912, bahaar, harshalp, KITG, KITJ
Feb 2016: vop, kwtangerine
Mar 2016: Chrome, Ramik, Brenttristan
Apr 2016: decent guy 3
May 2016: MatQue
hahahaha :D
This list is copyrighted

Chrome

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
rbrar14 said:
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 11, 2016.
We sent you correspondence on December 11, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Logout

Thats all it says for me. It is frustrating to know its been over a year and they are not doing anything to speed up the applications.
You're just 1 week after tonymiz.
I think you'll receive your card very soon.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
tonymiz said:
I am glad to tell you that I finally received my PR card today in the mail. It is still not updated in eCAS.

Good luck everyone and thank you all for your support during this process. Special thanks to AJK_9
Many Many Congratulations Tony

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
rbrar14 said:
Logout

I had the same thing since last December as well until today, the ecas is updated.. I believe you will get it soon because they are picking up the pace..
Good luck

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
I got CBSa record they only show my earlier entry after three year absense back in 2011 and again my entry from USA in 2013 and me being questioned in 2013 by cbsa and his opinion. Post that I have no exit record when I left for India in 2014 and now shows my entry in 2016 November...
I have a police report when I lose the passport so I'm planing to send that along with some explanation. What can I possibly use to show that I was in Canada from 2011 and 2014 when I left. They see my entry in 2011 and then again in 2013 and entry in 2016.

They see none of the exits on cbsa sheet. Please guide... should I hire a lawyer to help with secondary review and how much should I be paying?? Anyone here can recommend a reasonable lawyer

Meanwhile anyone here who had secondary review and PR got revoked???

I'm surprised they can track when we move in and out of country saving us the hardship to prove it!! If they doubt our submission they should be able to prove their doubts

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
tonymiz said:
Thanks AJK, I believe that the petition you sent and the emails helped speed things up. They quickly processed April, May, and June applications. I hope the SRs who are still waiting will get it soon!!
Thanks Tonymiz, hope your words will come true

I will be the most happiest person when they will process Secondary Review cases and all my friends will get there cards ASAP.....that will be one of the memorable day of my life....let's pray for the best

decent guy

Sep 4, 2016
tonymiz said:

Congratulations Tonymiz!
I'm glad you made it. I truly understand how much tension it is to go through something like this for you
and rest of those who are waiting indefinitely.
My best wishes to everyone else who are on line waiting for their turn.
Don't lose hope, I'm sure things will move if you all put pressure on your MP's and the Immigration Minister.
Cheers,
Decent Guy

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
sayadil said:
I got CBSa record they only show my earlier entry after three year absense back in 2011 and again my entry from USA in 2013 and me being questioned in 2013 by cbsa and his opinion. Post that I have no exit record when I left for India in 2014 and now shows my entry in 2016 November...
I have a police report when I lose the passport so I'm planing to send that along with some explanation. What can I possibly use to show that I was in Canada from 2011 and 2014 when I left. They see my entry in 2011 and then again in 2013 and entry in 2016.

They see none of the exits on cbsa sheet. Please guide... should I hire a lawyer to help with secondary review and how much should I be paying?? Anyone here can recommend a reasonable lawyer

Meanwhile anyone here who had secondary review and PR got revoked???

I'm surprised they can track when we move in and out of country saving us the hardship to prove it!! If they doubt our submission they should be able to prove their doubts
CBSA doesnt track exits(at least so far though it should come online from 2018 onward) so you wont have it in your CBSA records, hence, the reason why most of the difficulties immigration officials have in tracking time spent within the country. But I would think asking for proof from the applicant is the best route versus holding onto files for so long but that is my thought process.

In your case, since you dont have your old passport etc, a lawyer could surely guide you on alternative proof that you can provide and I thought the Indian government only issued a new passport once you submitted your old one.

Prior to any loss of status, as far as I know, as per the operations manual,

"Unlike the Immigration Act, the criteria in IRPA for loss of status require that an officer conduct a determination of the residency obligation under A28 before loss of status can occur. Outside of Canada, the loss of status occurs when the appeal period of 60 days expires, in the case of a person who does not challenge a negative residency obligation determination [A46(1)(b)]"