+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

Chrome

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
34 days is the processing time for straightforward routine applications.
For us, it's the time for preliminary review before referral for a secondary review.

Osama912

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Chrome said:
34 days is the processing time for straightforward routine applications.
For us, it's the time for preliminary review before referral for a secondary review.
Hello
this a website where you can send a message to minister of immigration...please each one should write to him about the secondary review time may be we can do some pressure
http://johnmccallum.parl.liberal.ca/tell-us-what-you-think/#gf_1

Chrome

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Osama912 said:
Hello
this a website where you can send a message to minister of immigration...please each one should write to him about the secondary review time may be we can do some pressure
johnmccallum.parl.liberal.ca/tell-us-what-you-think/#gf_1

Ok done!

Thank you for the link.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Chrome said:
CIC could just allow permanent residents with expired PR cards to apply for PR travel document before leaving Canada so nobody will have to take the risk of traveling with an expired PR and no travel document.

They can just remove the third condition "are outside Canada" from the eligibility requirements:

"You can apply for a permanent resident travel document if you:
are a permanent resident,
do not have a valid PR card showing your PR status,
are outside Canada, and
will return to Canada by airplane, boat, train or bus."
This is indeed another reasonable suggestion. Perhaps with an alternative conditional: "are outside Canada OR have an expired PR card and an application for a new card pending"

That would address the problem faced by those who have a compelling need to travel abroad . . . and perhaps, similar to the recent change in policy regarding availability of urgent processing, limiting it to only those with certain compelling need to travel abroad, the availability of a PR TD by a PR in Canada could be likewise restricted.

All those affected can do is continue to send messages to their MPs and the Minister asking for such recourse, and hope the government makes an effort to address the problem.

Chrome

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
dpenabill said:
This is indeed another reasonable suggestion. Perhaps with an alternative conditional: "are outside Canada OR have an expired PR card and an application for a new card pending"

That would address the problem faced by those who have a compelling need to travel abroad . . . and perhaps, similar to the recent change in policy regarding availability of urgent processing, limiting it to only those with certain compelling need to travel abroad, the availability of a PR TD by a PR in Canada could be likewise restricted.

All those affected can do is continue to send messages to their MPs and the Minister asking for such recourse, and hope the government makes an effort to address the problem.
Thank you. I sent it to the minister.

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Hey guys

Same story... was out of Canada for around 900 days in last 5 yrs. applied for PR card renewal on 21st October 2016. Received a letter in the mail on November 15th asking for all copies of my passport... strangely a week later today received another email saying OR card gone into dreadful secondary review. I did not even submit passport copies yet.

Only problem I only have latest passport from 2013 and have lost the one prior to that. Letter asks me to submit copies of passport or travel document held between oct 2011-2016. What should I do? Just send them the current passports copies and hope it suffices or should I send additional note saying other passport was lost?? In 2013 I was stopped at Canadian border while returning from USA and was called inside. So my file would show I was in Canada only.

I'm just worried if I say I lost my last passport it will unnecessarily delay my file further... please advice

Also my PR card is still valid till end of this month.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
sayadil said:
Hey guys

Same story... was out of Canada for around 900 days in last 5 yrs. applied for PR card renewal on 21st October 2016. Received a letter in the mail on November 15th asking for all copies of my passport... strangely a week later today received another email saying OR card gone into dreadful secondary review. I did not even submit passport copies yet.

Only problem I only have latest passport from 2013 and have lost the one prior to that. Letter asks me to submit copies of passport or travel document held between oct 2011-2016. What should I do? Just send them the current passports copies and hope it suffices or should I send additional note saying other passport was lost?? In 2013 I was stopped at Canadian border while returning from USA and was called inside. So my file would show I was in Canada only.

I'm just worried if I say I lost my last passport it will unnecessarily delay my file further... please advice

Also my PR card is still valid till end of this month.

If they were asking from 2011 they wont process until yousend them oldpassport. since you lost it try to get entry and exit records of all the countries you visited with old passport also get cbsa records match them write an explanation letteer to cic

kwtangerine

Oct 14, 2016
Thank you for the link; I also have sent a message to Hon. John McCallum although I don't expect much.

Here is my timeline:
We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 5, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 14, 2016.
We started processing your application on February 14, 2016.
We sent you a letter on February 20, 2016. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Chrome

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
tonymiz said:
My problem is that the last two times I came into Canada, I used machine to scan my PR card and did not stamp my passport. It seems that is what triggered the secondary review.. In ATIP, they show that CoR is "unknown"!!
How is it our problem that they allowed people to do self scanning of PRs?? This is ridiculous !

I don't think using the machine has anything to do with the secondary review.

I used the self-service kiosk last time I entered Canada, and the entry date appeared in my travel history I obtained from the CBSA.

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Chrome said:
I don't think using the machine has anything to do with the secondary review.

I used the self-service kiosk last time I entered Canada, and the entry date appeared in my travel history I obtained from the CBSA.
I am glad to tell you that I finally received my PR card today in the mail. It is still not updated in eCAS.

My timeline is: They received the applications on June 28th, 2015
secondary review on Dec 3, 2015
I sent urgent request in July 2016
Received in the mail on Nov 23, 2016 and before my planned travel date :)

Good luck everyone and thank you all for your support during this process. Special thanks to AJK_9

Chrome

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
tonymiz said:
I am glad to tell you that I finally received my PR card today in the mail. It is still not updated in eCAS.

Good luck everyone and thank you all for your support during this process. Special thanks to AJK_9
Congratulations tonymiz :)
Finally they started to make progress.

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Chrome said:
Congratulations tonymiz :)
Finally they started to make progress.
Thank you. Yes, it seems they are picking up the pace.. Good luck to you guys. Hopefully, you will get it soon!!

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
tonymiz said:

Congrates Tonymiz

You are welcome. It's Moral duty towards society, nothing else

Just Pray for all Secondary Review members that what we are initiating will get positive n timely answer from the Government