+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This intend to reside clause is the desperate way the government is trying to hold the huge mass of applicants who will leave this country anyways. They just try to hold these people a little bit more here.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
MUFC said:
This intend to reside clause is the desperate way the government is trying to hold the huge mass of applicants who will leave this country anyways. They just try to hold these people a little bit more here.
No, it's an added measure to screen out those people who are seeking to gain citizenship for their own convenience, and have no desire to live in, or contribute to, Canada. you just seem to be bitter that they are making it a bit harder for you to do exactly that.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't see any practical benefits for me by being a Canadian.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MUFC said:
I don't see any practical benefits for me by being a Canadian.
If there is no practical benefits for you to get canadian citizenship, why are you making a big fuss over it. You don't need to apply then, doesn't matter when the new rule kick in. Go ahead and make your vacation plans. Don't let the citizenship ambitions get in the way of your vacation plans.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am criticizing the government, they could have make the law much more difficult for all the convenience seekers.
I am done already with my vacations plans, because in practice I really don't need to be a Canadian.

I really don't see any real and practical benefits by holding Canadian citizenship

What would be the convenience for me by being Canadian?

bkara

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Let's not go off topic guys.why do people care so much about other people's plans after getting Canadian Passports?

The problem here is,as somebody said,the new rules should be implemented like in Australia.

There is unfairness in the bill.But who cares about mike? right?

Guess what? If you don't support Mike when the government is unfair,some people intentionally won't support you when things go wrong for you.

Where is the so-called "welcoming" "united" communities?

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The fact that so many people are willing to go and live their lives outside Canada is definitely a big issue for the Canadian system.
The government on other hand by making that bill a law is trying to keep here more people a little bit longer here... but this is just a temporary solution, because these people will leave again soon or later.

That's why there is no transition period for current PRs.

capt_ahmed

Feb 10, 2014
MUFC said:

Well Said!

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,
I came across this short video regarding the cut off date for 3/4 years and the start of 4/6 years requirement .
Please check it in this link :

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=367578673423787&set=vb.272948759553446&type=3&video_source=pages_video_set

I feel so frustrated because I will be short of just a couple of days .

Please be hurry , do not postpone your applications and do apply immediately once you became qualified .
Good luck to all

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And again there is no cut off date. Wait for the official announcement of the cut off date.

The Governor in Council has to set the date, not the Minister.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
MUFC said:
I am criticizing the government, they could have make the law much more difficult for all the convenience seekers.
I am done already with my vacations plans, because in practice I really don't need to be a Canadian.

I really don't see any real and practical benefits by holding Canadian citizenship

What would be the convenience for me by being Canadian?
For someone who doesn't see any benefit of gaining citizenship, you seem to be spending an awful lot of time on the phone with CIC agents trying to figure out when the implementation date will be.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I used to spend time with the agents before I realize that my home country passport is giving me the same perks like the Canadian. In my case there is practically no real benefit by being Canadian.

What are the benefits in my case, because for me by becoming Canadian is duplicating something I have by birth. Same perks.
What is the privilege to be Canadian?

puma

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
torontosm said:
For someone who doesn't see any benefit of gaining citizenship, you seem to be spending an awful lot of time on the phone with CIC agents trying to figure out when the implementation date will be.
He is absolutely free to voice his opinion and to call whoever he wants.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So what practical benefits will a person who already poses a passport with the same perks will get by becoming Canadian?