+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE what's the difference btwn offer of employment and letter of employment?

Ash02

Aug 13, 2018
Your current and/or past employers should provide "Letter of Employment" (or "Reference Letter" whatever...) if you claiming points for work done for these employers. You don't need to provide "Letter of Employment" from future employer as FSW/CEC is based on the past work experince. "Offer of Employement" is pretty much useles for CIC as it dosn't confirm that you actually did the work which is mentioned in the offer. There are multiple rejected PR applications where ppl sent only "Offer of Employment" without sending "Reference Letter". CIC usually rejects in such cases.
I m stuck at same point , can you explain should I post reference letters under both sections (employment records and letter of employment)
Thanks

Ash02

Aug 13, 2018
So it seems the letter of employment is the same as "Reference letter"?

But it doesn't make sense to me because in CEC checklist in EE account, there is a filed for "Letter of Employment" and another one for "Employment Record(specifically require to include "reference letter"). So I believed "letter of employment" and "reference letter" are two different documents?
Hey , I am stuck at same point , can you help me ,should I post reference letter under both columns ( employment records and letter of employment)

newEEonOWP

Jan 31, 2018
Hey , I am stuck at same point , can you help me ,should I post reference letter under both columns ( employment records and letter of employment)
Let me know if you got an answer for this.. I am in confusion too.. I have recieved ITA under CEC

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Also confused over the fields in my Document Checklist:

1 - Offer of Employment
I understand this is the field for uploading the 'for at least 1-year' job offer.

2 - Employment Records

I understand this is the field for uploading work experience letters from current & past employers.

3 - Letter of Employment
Not sure what this is as it contains the same information as the above letter.

bachchan

Apr 17, 2020
Same situation.

What is difference between my Letter of Employment & Employment Records ? The topic is 5 years old and no answer yet.
I have to provide Employment Records for my current employer. Why are they asking me for Letter of Employment?

Please help.

Pauceci

Oct 15, 2018
Hi All,
If someone knows,
Can I add my reference letter as letter of employment since I am still working in the same company?

Prasz

Jan 10, 2021
Hi All, if my letter of employment says employment status as Full time & permanent will it be considered for job offer?

@legalfalcon , can you help here pls