+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Applicants with score 400 to 450 let's connect here

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
bestofluck, you've limited reasoning and comprehension abilities so let's break this down for you.

1. So far, CIC does indeed appear to have a strategy of inviting close to 3000 applicants per month in 2 roughly equal sized draws. Cutoff is artificially controlled by delaying/advancing draws with the main agenda always being - issue roughly 3000 ITAs per month.

2. 450 is a derivative number. It has no significance. Which is why your predictions of draw scores were consistently silly. If you don't know the pool composition AND number of ITAs to be issued, you cannot predict draw cutoff. Period.

4. Back to back draws bring down the cutoff sharply because the pool doesn't fill up significantly within 1 week. Which is why everytime there is a back to back draw, the cutoff has fallen to 450. Which should be alarming to you if you understood what's going on.

5. If CIC doesn't increase ITAs per draw and/or doesn't increase frequency of back to back draws, cutoff is unlikely to fall below 450. This assumes that the percentage of World population interested in immigrating to Canada wouldn't change overnight.

6. When the backlogs get over, CIC will increase the ITAs per draw because they need immigrants. They're unlikely to increase frequency of draws because that'll require an immediate drastic manpower increase.

7. When they increase the ITAs per draw, the immediate beneficiaries will be people stuck just below 450. They've been waiting since the 1st draw - almost 12 months now. Too many people fill those spaces because they have an 'almost-there' score with no scope of improving it further. Add to this the number of people who enter the pool each day.

8. Even if CIC doubles ITSs per draw to 3000 and invites 6000 people per month, these additional numbers can be safely met just between 400 and 449 for the first few months. And even then the cutoff can still be artificially controlled by delaying/advancing draws.

9. It is unlikely that the draw cutoff will ever fall below 430 assuming it goes that low in the first place.

10. This is called reasoning. If you haven't looked it up yet, do so now. And next tine you attempt to misquote me, I won't bother responding or clarifying my stand so that other forum members don't get confused. I will assume you haven't looked up reasoning.

PS: Ratings will get me more than a job in Canada. If you can comprehend it, think of how 2 anonymous members on an online forum are rated so differently by other anonymous users. If anonymous users rate you this low, do start worrying about how difficult real-life would be. For you.

All the best with your OINP application and more.
+1 . Makes sense, as always!

inihtar

Nov 2, 2015
Re: Applicants with score 400 to 450 CRS - Connect here: Express Entry 2015

canadianrrk said:
Same here buddy I have 417 and 0.5 more on writing would have made it 470+
Hi, I'm just curious how you would have gotten so many more points with such a small increase in one area of ability. The CIC website says you'd only get 8 extra points for each area of ability for each CLB level between 6 and 9, and only 4 extra points between 9 and 10. If that's the case, how would you have gotten 53+ points with just 0.5 more on just writing? To get that many points, wouldn't you have had to go from, say, 8th to 10th in three areas, and from 7th to 10th in one? (I get that you were talking about IELTS but the idea is still the same.) Am I missing something?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
inihtar said:
Hi, I'm just curious how you would have gotten so many more points with such a small increase in one area of ability. The CIC website says you'd only get 8 extra points for each area of ability for each CLB level between 6 and 9, and only 4 extra points between 9 and 10. If that's the case, how would you have gotten 53+ points with just 0.5 more on just writing? To get that many points, wouldn't you have had to go from, say, 8th to 10th in three areas, and from 7th to 10th in one? (I get that you were talking about IELTS but the idea is still the same.) Am I missing something?
There is a world of difference between CLB 8 and CLB-9. I have a bachelor's degree, 2 years work experience, age less than 30. The diff between CLB 8 and CLB-9 would be 38 points in my case. For people with 3+ years and Masters degree, the difference would be even more. So, yes, what he is saying is correct, the points would shoot up if he gets a CLB 9.

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
Han said:
I totally understand your frustration. Retake IELTS again and you will hopefully succeed. I personally took it three times. Each time missing one skill by half a point!! Finally, I got the highest CLB level in all skills.
Perseverence is the key. ::)
All the best.
Thank you. Yes it is totally frustrating! Exams are nerve-wracking on it's own. It is also quite a lot of money when you are already trying to save like crazy! Congratulations on your CLB level at last! Good work!

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
sushsmart15 said:
With the score of 407, which is above 400, you may still receive a PT notification of interest from Ontario within a week's time after you create your EE profile. This is only if you have created your EE profile after 24th Nov. 2015.
I actually haven't done the proper research on the different paths to PR. I probably need to look this up. Thanks for the info.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
mira_johnson said:
Thank you. Yes it is totally frustrating! Exams are nerve-wracking on it's own. It is also quite a lot of money when you are already trying to save like crazy! Congratulations on your CLB level at last! Good work!
Don't loose heart. I did the IELTS exams 3 times to get CLB9.
Just focus and sicnerely try to improve your english. You can get the required scores.
Good luck

inihtar

Nov 2, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
There is a world of difference between CLB 8 and CLB-9. I have a bachelor's degree, 2 years work experience, age less than 30. The diff between CLB 8 and CLB-9 would be 38 points in my case. For people with 3+ years and Masters degree, the difference would be even more. So, yes, what he is saying is correct, the points would shoot up if he gets a CLB 9.
Ah right. I was looking just at the points for the CLB levels. I forgot about the skills transferability factors. My bad. Thanks for clarifying.

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Use this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp to calculate the possible score you might get.

I scored maximum CLB from first trial on IELTS, and which bachelor's and under 30 and 5 years experience (outside Canada), the maximum points I could get were 441, so I took advantage of the PT from Ontario and applied for PNP, i was reluctant but now I am glad I got the PN as I would not be applying to PR till who knows when (at least march).

For those who are having a hard time with IELTS the only .... uhhhmmm legal.... source of information I can suggest is this http://www.engvid.com/english-exams/ielts/ their videos are extremely helpful.

Regards,

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perfectSkilledMigrant said:
Use this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp to calculate the possible score you might get.

I scored maximum CLB from first trial on IELTS, and which bachelor's and under 30 and 5 years experience (outside Canada), the maximum points I could get were 441, so I took advantage of the PT from Ontario and applied for PNP, i was reluctant but now I am glad I got the PN as I would not be applying to PR till who knows when (at least march).

For those who are having a hard time with IELTS the only .... uhhhmmm legal.... source of information I can suggest is this http://www.engvid.com/english-exams/ielts/ their videos are extremely helpful.

Regards,
thanks perfectSkilledMigrant for sharing this link..
+1 to you..
in fact I found Emma's videos quite helpful

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
munjal said:
thanks perfectSkilledMigrant for sharing this link..
+1 to you..
in fact I found Emma's videos quite helpful
You are welcome anytime and it is not just Emma's.... there are many other teachers on it ... for all modules...I think the ones for writing allowed me to score the 8 easily, their advice was perfect.

If you need anymore help let me know ... send me a private message if you want additional material for IELTS.

Regards,

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perfectSkilledMigrant said:
You are welcome anytime and it is not just Emma's.... there are many other teachers on it ... for all modules...I think the ones for writing allowed me to score the 8 easily, their advice was perfect.

If you need anymore help let me know ... send me a private message if you want additional material for IELTS.

Regards,
Thank you mate,
I will check for writing videos as you suggested..

I am re-taking ielts on 5th March.. this is third time I am appearing in IELTS
In last both attempt I missed CLB9 only in writing (got just 6 bands, LRS: 8.5,8.0,7.5).. :(

so, this time, I want to break this barrier of 7 bands in writing and score CLB9+ in all modules of IELTS..
thanks for your support :)

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
+1 . Makes sense, as always!
WOW, WOW, WOW... What is this going on friends... :)
We are here to help each other. Whatever we say is our own thinking. And i think no one will be able to predict CIC unless and until he has some connections there.. so let us stop arguing with each other and be helpful to all. We don't even know if there ll be next draw or not.

This is a great forum and i believe everyone starts here to get help and then share it with others whatever information one has. We should not be accusing each other just for predictions.. I think no one is here for +ve and -ve rating. I am getting great help from here and by sharing with others i feel like i am paying back something.. Same might b the case with all..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cjs said:
WOW, WOW, WOW... What is this going on friends... :)
We are here to help each other. Whatever we say is our own thinking. And i think no one will be able to predict CIC unless and until he has some connections there.. so let us stop arguing with each other and be helpful to all. We don't even know if there ll be next draw or not.

This is a great forum and i believe everyone starts here to get help and then share it with others whatever information one has. We should not be accusing each other just for predictions.. I think no one is here for +ve and -ve rating. I am getting great help from here and by sharing with others i feel like i am paying back something.. Same might b the case with all..
You would have missed the context and subtext on this discussion if you haven't been on the forum from, say, mid August '15. This member was unfortunately notorious for consistently attempting to play soothsayer and the member was even barred from the forum for a period of time after enough members complained about their schizophrenic posts - either over-the-top optimism or doomsday despair - with zero rational for either end. Serious members have tried talking this member into not being so dramatic and not spread meaningless false hopes. It is good to note that they mellowed down considerably after finally getting their OINP invite sometime in late Nov '15.

History knows that soothsayers never get along with rational thinkers. Naturally this member had trouble with anyone who was even tangentially logical. Apparently that continues till date.

Sameer212

Jan 1, 2016
Thanks Munjal and Raj for your responses.

Munjal, All the best for your IELTS.

Raj, you say "..Keep other jobs out of it and retain them only in the personal history section." I don't see any place under "Personal Details" section where I can give my (other) job details. Can you please clarify?

I only see "Work History" section where I can give my employment details. Here, I have only mentioned my work experience corresponding to the NOC code I am claiming CRS points for and have not mentioned details of other jobs I had.

Thanks again guys. You are all such a help.

rajkamalmohanram said:
In the employment history section, you only need to mention the work experience that gives you CRS points. Keep other jobs out of it and retain them only in the personal history section.

Please note that for every job you enter in the employment history section, you must submit a reference letter.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sameer212 said:
Thanks Munjal and Raj for your responses.

Munjal, All the best for your IELTS.
Thanks again guys. You are all such a help.
thanks Sameer212 :)