+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE applicant from Nepal discuss here!!!

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sambib said:
I have a question regarding the Express entry profile.
In the IELTS score section, are we supposed to write our points shown in the IELTS certificate or the CLB points( after conversion into CLB points)?
Can someone kindly answer this?

Thanks
ielts certificate score .

Dineshkc

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
mrkandel said:
I have completed Masters of Business Studies (MBS)-2 years from TU in 2014 March in 1st division and have Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)-3 years from TU also in 1st division. Whats the equivalent of this course in Canada? One consultant told me that it would equivalent to double bachelor degree, whereas another told me that it would be only bachelor level as i have only 3 years bachelor and 1 yr of master would make it equivalent to canadian bachelor and remaining 1 year of my MBS education is useless. Please clarify me if anyone have idea regarding this? Thanks. :)
Do the prelims evaluation for free by WES on the website in the following link:

http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
branded_man said:
Guys I wish tht all nepalese gets a shot at EE
Btw dont fall for spams esp from immigrant agents

Try to improve ur scores thru higher education or better ielts score
As I said before scores wont go below 400s anytime soon
Jai Nepal
yah there are 100000 profile create above 400 score.according to CIC mid years report
Express Entry Mid-Year Report
On July 31st, 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada released a very informative Mid-Year Report with regards to the new Express Entry Management System and how it has functioned since it's introduction in January 2015.

It's Available Here: 2015 Express Entry Mid-Year Report

Here are my big take-aways from the report:

1. Invitation Rounds

As the report states, the majority of planned PR admission for 2015 was and is to come from pre-Express Entry applications (the inventory). CIC has planned smaller, controlled and less frequent draws until the flaws in the system have been addressed and the existing inventory has been taken care of.

However, once the inventory from pre-2015 is beginning to clear out, we will begin to see lower CRS cutoffs in upcoming Invitation Rounds.

2. Express Entry Pool In Numbers
As of July 6, 2015, 112,701 Express Entry Profiles were submitted.
The Express Entry Pool is growing by 1,500 candidates per week.
There are 41,218 Active and Eligible Express Entry Profiles.
As of July 6, 2015, 12,017 ITAs have been issued.

3. Median CRS Score
The largest group within the CRS Score Distribution is candidates with scores between 350-399 (14,597 candidates)
So does all of this mean?

CIC is busy dealing with both a fairly large inventory as well as fixing many of the kinks present within the current online system. I am very optimistic that ITA Cutoff Scores will begin dropping as we move into the Fall of 2015. I believe that once the total amount of Active and Eligible Candidates within the pool moves closer to 100,000, we will begin to see ITAs issued to those with CRS scores less than 400.

4. Electronic Permanent Resident Applications (e-APRs)

As of July 6, 2015, CIC has received 7,528 e-APRs and have approved only 655 PR applications thus far through Express Entry. So does all of this mean?

CIC is busy dealing with both a fairly large inventory as well as fixing many of the kinks present within the current online system. I am very optimistic that ITA Cutoff Scores will begin dropping as we move into the Fall of 2015. I believe that once the total amount of Active and Eligible Candidates within the pool moves closer to 100,000, we will begin to see ITAs issued to those with CRS scores less than 400.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Hello Folks, resurrecting this thread instead of creating a new one. I entered the pool with >450 points a couple of days and have received OINP letter of interest. Yet to act on it, though.

Following up on Tocanadawego and psharma.np's quest for FBI Identity History Summary -

Tocanadawego said:
Well I thought that we could do exactly what you're suggesting: take our own fingerprints and just mail the form. I wish it was that easy! Obviously, you need an official person verifying your identity otherwise you could put anyone's fingerprints on your form and claim as yours.

I got in touch with US Embassy and they do the fingerprinting!

You need to schedule an appointment with a consular officer (through email) explaining the situation. During the appointment they will take your fingerprints and verify your identity, BUT that's all they will do. You still need to mail the form to FBI yourself together with the payment of 18 USD. US Embassy charges USD 85 for taking fingerprints :/ It's expensive, but after extensive research I did not find any other place in Kathmandu that does it.

Potentially (and this is not verified), you could do it through Nepali Police, but it will take at least 2 weeks and lots of hassle. US Embassy gave us an appointment within 3 days of our inquiry.
No need to spend a dime more than the $18 per copy payable to the Treasury. The prints need not be verified. Just do it yourself and send multiple copies. Put your entire SSN because that will help them pull up your other prints (INS/BCIS/USCIS (DHS) all the alphabet soup iterations of U.S. immigration services). I have yet to do this myself and I fear I will have to decline an ITA because FBI says it's taking 11+ weeks to process this simple request.

Let's revive this thread.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
MooseNBooze said:
Hello Folks, resurrecting this thread instead of creating a new one. I entered the pool with >450 points a couple of days and have received OINP letter of interest. Yet to act on it, though.

Following up on Tocanadawego and psharma.np's quest for FBI Identity History Summary -

No need to spend a dime more than the $18 per copy payable to the Treasury. The prints need not be verified. Just do it yourself and send multiple copies. Put your entire SSN because that will help them pull up your other prints (INS/BCIS/USCIS (DHS) all the alphabet soup iterations of U.S. immigration services). I have yet to do this myself and I fear I will have to decline an ITA because FBI says it's taking 11+ weeks to process this simple request.

Let's revive this thread.
Thanks for this! After sending in our application I realized we could have done it ourselves but then again i wanted to make sure the application is successful first time around. We've already received our reports and sent in out eAPR. Now the the only thing left is to wait for a final decision.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Tocanadawego said:
Thanks for this! After sending in our application I realized we could have done it ourselves but then again i wanted to make sure the application is successful first time around. We've already received our reports and sent in out eAPR. Now the the only thing left is to wait for a final decision.
That's excellent! I am sure your final decision is on its way and it will be worth all the effort. I am mailing the fingerprints tomorrow. How long did it take for you to receive the summary/report?

I came to this forum too late. I did the profile and then only searched the interwebz for info on the rest of the process (after finding out that I actually have a decent score).

I am sending good vibes to all Nepali friends. Wishing everyone all the best.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
MooseNBooze said:
That's excellent! I am sure your final decision is on its way and it will be worth all the effort. I am mailing the fingerprints tomorrow. How long did it take for you to receive the summary/report?

I came to this forum too late. I did the profile and then only searched the interwebz for info on the rest of the process (after finding out that I actually have a decent score).

I am sending good vibes to all Nepali friends. Wishing everyone all the best.
My application reached FBI on July 17 and was processed on October 1. It reached me in Nepal on November 6. So it takes a while. CIC is pretty good about giving an extension for FBI pcc. Just make sure you present them with an evidence you applied: delivery receipt, application form etc. If you applied for your FBI pcc before even receiving an ITA you will definitely get an extension if needed. Just mention it in your LOE.
Good luck with your application! Hopefully Nepali community in Canada can grow :)

Evernabin

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
got my ielts results some days ago, 419 CRS points(personal evaluation, IELTS- above CLB 9 each) , ECA yet to be done. discouraged seeing the draw over past 11 months?? :eek:. K garne hola , Haittt :'(

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Evernabin said:
got my ielts results some days ago, 419 CRS points(personal evaluation, IELTS- above CLB 9 each) , ECA yet to be done. discouraged seeing the draw over past 11 months?? :eek:. K garne hola , Haittt :'(
Evernabin, that score can and most likely will get you a PT from Ontario, so don't get discouraged yet. Best wishes to you.

psharma.np

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
If you want to avoid paying a hefty amount of USD 100 at US Embassy, you can first go to Naxal Police office (beside the main gate) and simply fill out a form to take a finger print for only NRs. 10 stamp. They will hand-over the letter to you that you need to take when you go to take a fingerprint at Police Forensic Lab in Samakoshi. Mine worked perfectly well with no delay - I got my FBI PCC on time.

Thanks.

Evernabin

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
MooseNBooze said:
Evernabin, that score can and most likely will get you a PT from Ontario, so don't get discouraged yet. Best wishes to you.

Thank you MooseNBoose. I hope you can help me out with ECA. I got my transcripts attested and sealed in an envelope from TU. What do I need to do now? As per my understanding, I now need to put the copy of convocation certificates(the one with my photo on it) which I have not attested from TU in an separate envelope and then put both envelopes in a bigger one, write WES reference no. and address on each envelopes, pack it and send it to WES. Please correct me if I am wrong.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Evernabin said:
Thank you MooseNBoose. I hope you can help me out with ECA. I got my transcripts attested and sealed in an envelope from TU. What do I need to do now? As per my understanding, I now need to put the copy of convocation certificates(the one with my photo on it) which I have not attested from TU in an separate envelope and then put both envelopes in a bigger one, write WES reference no. and address on each envelopes, pack it and send it to WES. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Evernabin, I didn't have a TU degree to evaluate so can't really confirm. However, all that WES needs is official transcripts, sent directly from the institution. If the TU transcripts mention the degree(s) awarded, then that should be enough. Make sure that the WES Reference No. is in the packet somewhere. It's best to attach the WES Academic Records Request Form with the transcripts. Also make sure the envelope with the official transcript is signed and stamped across the closing flap by a TU official. The sender's address should be that of TU registrar's office. If you do all this, WES should be fine. I don't think they will need a copy of your convocation certificate. But I ask folks who have used WES to assess TU credentials to offer their views. Best wishes to you.

Evernabin

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
MooseNBooze said:
Evernabin, I didn't have a TU degree to evaluate so can't really confirm. However, all that WES needs is official transcripts, sent directly from the institution. If the TU transcripts mention the degree(s) awarded, then that should be enough. Make sure that the WES Reference No. is in the packet somewhere. It's best to attach the WES Academic Records Request Form with the transcripts. Also make sure the envelope with the official transcript is signed and stamped across the closing flap by a TU official. The sender's address should be that of TU registrar's office. If you do all this, WES should be fine. I don't think they will need a copy of your convocation certificate. But I ask folks who have used WES to assess TU credentials to offer their views. Best wishes to you.
Thanks again. I have exactly done the same. I hope everything goes fine with this ECA stuff for me.