+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education Credential Assessment for Pakistan

ccl_00032

Nov 28, 2017
NOC Code......
It depends which agency you are getting the ECA from. For Pakistani applicants WES needs both matriculation and intermediate documents sent directly from the boards and as such is not a good option for Pakistani candidates. I chose IQAS since they don't need your matriculation documentation. You will only need to send your bachelors and masters credentials.

In your case, since your bachelors degree is only 2 years, in my opinion you should send both your bachelors and masters degree for evaluation.

Hope this helps.
Jojii, Have you got your degrees verified by IQAS? without submitting Matriculation and Intermediate?

Reactions: bashirayesha

ccl_00032

Nov 28, 2017
NOC Code......
Are you sure you want to go with ICAS? The processing time for ICAS is currently stated as 20 weeks... thats almost 5 months. After they have received all your documents. So you will probably not get it until Feb next year.

The answers to your questions are already present on ICAS website:
http://www.icascanada.ca/new/immigration-to-canada.aspx/document-detail.aspx?document=be9ed032-0d4e-4bc1-aa6b-af6ee26fa4d0

1. For Pakistani applicants, the documents must be attested / signed / sealed by HEC Islamabad office. So you can't go to your university.
2. Also on the website its mentioned:
  • The HEC is not required to complete an Official Records Request Form
So you don't need to include offical report request forms. BISE is not relevant as secondary education documentation is optional.

3. same as number 2.

I would suggest to take a good hard read of the ICAS website as almost all the information is present there.

Jojii,

On the website it says,
  • HEC-attested photocopies of both the graduation diploma / degree certificate and marks certificates submitted to ICAS in an envelope that has been signed and sealed by the Islamabad office of the HEC (Higher Education Commission) at the time of attestation. ICAS will not accept documents which have been previously attested and packaged by the HEC at a later date.
Can we get a sealed envelope from Karachi Office? or it has to be form Islamabad HEC Office?

ccl_00032

Nov 28, 2017
NOC Code......
Hello,
Can anyone please help me with this. There is alot of confusion... i have completed my two years bachelors and want to get my ECA done by iqas i have already registered with them.
Pluss my degree and transcript are already attested by hec.
The problem is of sending transcript through university. Can i send it by attesting coloured copies by hec. The transcript already have controller signatures. Please help me with this.
Palwasha,
On the website it is mentioned as below
  • HEC-attested photocopies of both the graduation diploma / degree certificate and marks certificates submitted to ICAS in an envelope that has been signed and sealed by the Islamabad office of the HEC (Higher Education Commission) at the time of attestation. ICAS will not accept documents which have been previously attested and packaged by the HEC at a later date.
All the transcript from any university have the signatures of controllers, so only photocopies need to be sent by HEC and NOT by university.

Palwasha20111

Nov 28, 2017
salam
thanks for the reply, i must admit u have been a great help. i have tried many people who have wasted my time and didn't helped at all.
i will take more of ur time if you have time. i have few questions to ask.
1. u said Matric and intermediate Certificate/Sanad, does it mean original or photocopies? i have IBCC attested original matric & intermediate degrees from IBCC Islamabad after they were attested by the board. what should i do? go to board and get photocopies attested by the board? original degrees were attested by IBCC after photocopies were sealed by the board and IBCC kept the copies and attested the original. this is very confusing. pls help.
2. i am not sure board will send the matric/intermediate degrees to WES. and if they do, how will WES verify this if HEC sends masters degree/transcripts to WES separately and board sends matric/intemediate seperately? will it be possible that HEC sends matric/intemediate degrese alongwith masters?
i know these r lot of questions but i need to be clear before sending documents to WES.
thanks
Azhar Ali

Hello azhar,
I have sealed my documents today from ibcc. So the procedure is simple. If your matric and fsc/F.a original are attested. Take them to ibcc along with coloured copies. Fill the form and chalan u will get from reception and hand it over to them the photocopies along with original certificates attested.
The nexr day. Collect your attested degrees of matric and fsc and ask them to seal the attested photocopies. They will take 15 mins and seal your attested documents. Then you will have to courier it yourself. Simply write their address on the courier envelope which is mentioned on the sealed envelope.

My issue was that i had to enclose the ECA application form and checklist and proof od name. They asked me to put it in a seperate envelope and inthat i shud put the sealed envelope and courier it to canada. I hope it helps.
Same procedure for Hec

Azharalli81

May 22, 2016
Hello azhar,
I have sealed my documents today from ibcc. So the procedure is simple. If your matric and fsc/F.a original are attested. Take them to ibcc along with coloured copies. Fill the form and chalan u will get from reception and hand it over to them the photocopies along with original certificates attested.
The nexr day. Collect your attested degrees of matric and fsc and ask them to seal the attested photocopies. They will take 15 mins and seal your attested documents. Then you will have to courier it yourself. Simply write their address on the courier envelope which is mentioned on the sealed envelope.

My issue was that i had to enclose the ECA application form and checklist and proof od name. They asked me to put it in a seperate envelope and inthat i shud put the sealed envelope and courier it to canada. I hope it helps.
Same procedure for Hec
Hi Palwasha
Thanks for the reply.
I m bit confused. On WES website it says ask ur board to attest and send them directly. I have the documents attested by IBCC and they have sealed the documents in an envelope. The copies which have been sealed by IBCC doesn't have attestation by the board, only the IBCC stamp and signature. Will WES accept it?
Please help
Azhar

Azharalli81

May 22, 2016
Hello azhar,

Same procedure for Hec
Hi palwasha
One more question
Do I ask IBCC to seal my matric documents separate and my intermediate documents separate or both should be in 1 sealed envelope?

Zafi Abbvasi

Dec 21, 2017
Yes. I am 100% sure about this. because both me and my spouse got ECA done from IQAS. We only submitted documentation for Bachelors and Masters degree. We have both received positive ECA without any issues. Good luck. You can send me a PM if you have any further questions. :)
Hi! Here iam in UAE and I have verified my degrees from My educational board offic peshawar, Federal board Islamabad. Foreign offic and UAE embassy for UAE.. now iam planning for Canada. For eca now it's mandatory verified a copy from my educational board or I can send directly a copy for eca.

zain.chishti

Nov 15, 2016
The process of IQAS is quite simple, as you dont have to attest any degrees/transcripts from the HEC, but rather from your university.

1) You fill out their online application form.
2) You pay their fee (you have to pay in advance), after wards your receive your completed application form via email. Your filled out application that you received in email, will have a reference number on the bottom of each page. You will need this number.
3) Print the application form and sign it. Also, fill out the Checklist and print out. Attach colored copies of all your degrees and transcripts you wish to have assessed (No need for matric or inter documents), and a colored copy of your passport bio data page that bears your full name and date of birth. Done with all this, your are ready to send your application package that consists of : 1) signed application form 2) Checklist 3) Colored copies of the documents.
4) Your next step is to either have a duplicate or a colored copy of your transcript verified by your university's controller, and get the Transcipt Request Form signed and stamped by him. Do type in and print your transcript request form, leaving nothing for controller to do as they often dont have time for that. You must not forget to mention your reference number (the one at the bottom of each page of your application form) as otherwise your documents may get lost at IQAS. Once your verified transcript and transcript request form is signed and stamped, ask them to put it in their official envelope and request the controller to sign and seal the flap of envelope. This done, write To IQAS address , and in senders address simply write Controller and university address, as the transcript must be sent by the issuing university. This done, just send the transcript and transcript request form.

5) Once your application package is received by IQAS they will confirm via email and give you a file number for all future correspondence if need be. Similarly once your transcripts reach, they will send another email of confirmation. After that you will have to wait for weeks before they confirm that your process has started. I think nowadays they finish the whole process in 20 business days once they start, but be prepared to wait for over a month or even more. Once the process is finished, they send you a scanned copy of your ECA report that u can use for express entry profile, and within a week you also receive the hard copy via FEDEX.

There is a quicker option of WES also but i have heard some people complain that they often assess the degrees showing less than what the degrees ought to be worth. I have personally no experience with WES so cant really judge. With IQAS i got exactly the evaluation I thought I should have.

Hope this helped.

Best of Luck!
Hi Omar, Thank you for providing such detailed info on credential assessment. I have a question which I am sure you can answer.

You said that Bachloers and Masters both degrees should be sent to IQAS, so this would mean that we will pay them for 2 separate assessments? Even if the only assessment needed is for Masters? We will do all that process, you explained, for both degrees ?
Please shed some light on this. I have confusion.

Nov 14, 2017
KUWAIT
Category........
CEC
Hi Everyone

I submitted my Bachelor and CA degrees to IQAS for ECA. After 4 months, they sent ECA only for Bachelor as equivelent to two years certificate. On calling them, they told me that IQAS does not include CA, ACCA etc, in ECA. Any suggestion please?

Thanks!

ccl_00032

Nov 28, 2017
NOC Code......
Friends,
I am planning to go for IQAS, as they have simple process than WES.

Quick questions;
I have got photocopies of my degree & transcript attested and in a sealed envelope with me. Same I got from IBCC.

What is the next step is there a form also that university has to sign and stamp (normally called as Request of Academic Records Form) or shall i process the IQAS fees, put all sealed envelopes in a fedex envelope along with payment receipt and ECA application check list, write my applicant number, address and done.

If I missed something please guide me

Reactions: ZoyaAhsanKhan4

DonCarlione

Feb 18, 2018
Hi Everyone

I submitted my Bachelor and CA degrees to IQAS for ECA. After 4 months, they sent ECA only for Bachelor as equivelent to two years certificate. On calling them, they told me that IQAS does not include CA, ACCA etc, in ECA. Any suggestion please?

Thanks!
Dear I think You should get your CA assessed by

https://www.cpaontario.ca/home

or any other provincial body because;

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1111&ver=16&val65=chartered accountant

DonCarlione

Feb 18, 2018
Dear All,

I have sent documents to University of Toronto for assessment and just wanted to have an idea what should i expect. If any of you have received assessment report against following (or near to following) credentials please share.

1. 2 years Bachelor in psychology PU
2. 2 years Masters in Psychology PU
3. Bed and Med almost of 3 years from AOU.

I have sent documents for all four qualification from respective universities.

My concern is will I at-least get "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees."

Thanks a lot.

Nov 28, 2017
Friends,
I am planning to go for IQAS, as they have simple process than WES.

Quick questions;
I have got photocopies of my degree & transcript attested and in a sealed envelope with me. Same I got from IBCC.

What is the next step is there a form also that university has to sign and stamp (normally called as Request of Academic Records Form) or shall i process the IQAS fees, put all sealed envelopes in a fedex envelope along with payment receipt and ECA application check list, write my applicant number, address and done.

If I missed something please guide me

I am in similar situation, could anyone help out here.

shfatima20

Feb 19, 2018
It depends which agency you are getting the ECA from. For Pakistani applicants WES needs both matriculation and intermediate documents sent directly from the boards and as such is not a good option for Pakistani candidates. I chose IQAS since they don't need your matriculation documentation. You will only need to send your bachelors and masters credentials.

In your case, since your bachelors degree is only 2 years, in my opinion you should send both your bachelors and masters degree for evaluation.

Hope this helps.
Can you please help? Does IQAS necessarily require duplicate degree from the university or certified photocopy of the degree can be sent too?