+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

D

doubleukhan

Re: "DUBAI APPLICANTS" difficult situation - medical forms received

hi guyz,

good to find DUBAI thread on this forum.

I'm in a strange situation with CIC now. I received medical forms and a letter asking PCC. But this letter was sent to my previous address in Saudi Arabia and with gr8 difficulty i got it thru' my friends and the envelope was open upon receipt. And moreover my wife is 8 months pregnant and we are expecting a baby soon.

Well, first of all, i need advice on whether i should inform CIC honestly that the letter was received open as it was posted to my previous address (its CIC mistake). or should i say that i did not receive the letter at all as i dont know if all the papers are complete in that envelope (can i gain some time this way)

Secondly, if i dont tell CIC abt the open envelope, should i go for medical exam with my wife or inform CIC that we are expecting a baby soon and my wife cannot go thru' X-ray tests at this stage. (medicals timelimit: within 60 days from Dec 31 '09)

I'm very much confused, please advice.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rk2009 said:
Qorax,

As always thanks for sharing this link and your opinion. In one of the footnotes they say:

Does this simply mean that its available to new immigrants who have landed i.e I cant open the account remotely?
Ohh no-no RK,

All they want is that u have already got the PR visa & the COPR. Yes, it can be opened very much 'remotely'. U'll have to submit copies of those 2 to HDFC/Scotiabank.

Regards,
Qorax.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: "DUBAI APPLICANTS" difficult situation - medical forms received

doubleukhan said:
hi guyz,

good to find DUBAI thread on this forum.

I'm in a strange situation with CIC now. I received medical forms and a letter asking PCC. But this letter was sent to my previous address in Saudi Arabia and with gr8 difficulty i got it thru' my friends and the envelope was open upon receipt. And moreover my wife is 8 months pregnant and we are expecting a baby soon.

Well, first of all, i need advice on whether i should inform CIC honestly that the letter was received open as it was posted to my previous address (its CIC mistake). or should i say that i did not receive the letter at all as i dont know if all the papers are complete in that envelope (can i gain some time this way)

Secondly, if i dont tell CIC abt the open envelope, should i go for medical exam with my wife or inform CIC that we are expecting a baby soon and my wife cannot go thru' X-ray tests at this stage. (medicals timelimit: within 60 days from Dec 31 '09)

I'm very much confused, please advice.
Hi W.Khan,

A) If the letter has the following 2 items, it is pretty much intact:
-1. Original Medical Forms [for all of u].
-2. A cover letter [4 pages] advising u to take the meds & askinng u for addnl docs, is any.

B) Yes, in pregenancy it is better to avoid the medicals [X-ray].

Thus, your situation is not 'difficult', but of convenience. Kindly email CHC about the pregnancy & ask for additional time, till child birth. They will comply. Nothing to worry here.

All the best !
Qorax.

ather8888

Dec 16, 2009
qorax said:
Ohh no-no RK,

All they want is that u have already got the PR visa & the COPR. Yes, it can be opened very much 'remotely'. U'll have to submit copies of those 2 to HDFC/Scotiabank.

Regards,
Qorax.
HI Qorax

On Jan 15, 2010 i got my caips notes and found that 2 big mistakes CHC London had done. they write wrong date of birth of my wife and Son. My consultant then informed CHC London on 19-01-2010 about this mistake which CHC has done. ON feb 01, 2010 i send an email to CHC London and asked about my current status. They replied me that they sent one letter by postal mail on Jan, 13 ,2010 to address mentioned in forms meaning they sent that letter to my consultant in Canada.they actually send medical forms for us but they did same mistake of date of births in forms.Now my consultant has sent back those forms to CHC London for correction. Can u advise how long they will take to make this correction as this msitake is from there side.Thanks in advance

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
It won't take too long, the visa officer just has to re print the forms and post them again, maybe a month or so.

Kind Regards,

Alice.

ather8888

Dec 16, 2009
alice_chained said:
It won't take too long, the visa officer just has to re print the forms and post them again, maybe a month or so.

Kind Regards,

Alice.
Thanx
One more Question that after medical is done how long they wil take for entire process.
Thanks

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
After medicals they do their final security checks with other government agencies, and wait for Ottawa to accept the medicals results.

The the IO reviews this and sends you the PPR.

So this process could take any amount of time, no one can actually give you a precise timeline on when you will receive the Passport request.

But generally in most cases it takes about 1-3 months to get PPR and another 1 month to get the visa. you can check Trackitt to get a general feel of the majority of cases.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ather8888 said:
Thanx
One more Question that after medical is done how long they wil take for entire process.
Thanks
Alice is right, the timeframe can be anything -post meds, due to 'security checks'. Generally it is 3-4 months for the PPR. Max 5-6 months. Avg 4 months. However, if the security check is stalled [due to various reasons], then the timeframe can be anything -till 21 months.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
OUR NEXT MEETING : ON 27/2/2010
Hi all,

We had another great time together today (06/2/2010) at the Al Ghurair Centre.

Special mention goes to Ms. Mona, whose "Mother" too joined us today, taking time-off from her schedule. Thank you ma'am.

The following members were 'new joiners' this time:
1. Mr. Sajan Bashir [recd. visa already]
2. Mr. Ali Zaheer [got his medicals]
3. Mr. PP Jaleel [also has his medicals]

Our 'next meeting' shall be in 21 days, the details being as under:
-Date: 27/2/2010 [Saturday]
-Time: 13:00 hrs [as usual]
-Venue: Al Ghurair City [food court]

Warm regards,

Qorax.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
International Driving License / Permit:
Hi all,

Before moving for landing plz ensure that u have obtained your 'International Driving Permit' [IDP or IDL] from an 'authorized-official' agency in Dubai.

The IDP shall let u drive in Canada for 3 months on a rented car. And within that time u r expected to complete the formalities of obtaining the G2 driving license in Toronto. The ONLY "official" agency to provide the IDP, in UAE, is: http://www.atcuae.ae/en/intl_driving_permit.html

DETAILS:
Today I applied & obtained my "International Driving License/Permit". The details of which are given below:

-Docs required: Pp copy, D/License copy, 2 x Pp size photos.
-Form: One form given by the inst., fill-it-up & attach all the above.
-Fees: AED 150.00
-Counter: Separate counter [qty-2] avalable only for IDL.
-Time taken: 20 minutes [there was no rush, I was the only one].

Regards,
Qorax.

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
Dear Qorax,

How long does it usually take to receive the passports back from the embassy in Abu Dhabi once it has been sent from London?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
alice_chained said:
Dear Qorax,

How long does it usually take to receive the passports back from the embassy in Abu Dhabi once it has been sent from London?
Depends on Aramex.
However, within UAE it shouldn't take more than a day or 2.
For other gulf locations -approx 4-6 days.

JM09

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DUBAI MEET

:) :)

Thank you very much to all friends (Dubai Meet-Feb 2010)..Special thanks to seniors, who spend their valuable time to share their thoughts and views towards our Future in Canada. As always Captain (qorax) brings a Whole lot of Positive energy with him, truly awsome .....We (Dubaians) are lucky to have him in Dubai, and so bit unlucky to miss him after the next meet ( Flying to Canada ). All the Best Wishes for your Future Captain :D ;D

JM :)

Moe2010

Star Member
Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb 2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Sep 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2015
Dear all,

It was really pleasant to see the existence of such a group. However, since most of you are way ahead than me in the application process, i need your help and advice in choosing the right agent to handle my application.

I just had a meeting with Aries International and they were very positive about my application. In face, they made it one of those " Too good to be true" scenarios and thats what's worrying me :).

Does anyone have any experience with Aries International Dubai Office? Do you guys recommend any immigration agent here in UAE?

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance.

Best regards