+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did anyone else go to the Morningside Doctor's Office in Toronto?!

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
I'm so bloody mad right now! My husband flew up from Arkansas, US to visit me and do his medical tests at the same time since there are no panel physicians in Arkansas (which is weird but whatever). So even at first I was a bit confused because they said they couldn't do all the tests there, and sent him to another lab to get blood taken.

We did these tests THREE weeks ago and only now they called him back asking him to come back and do his chest exam. Which they were supposed to do the first time!! So now he has to buy another bloody plane ticket which we can't afford just to fly up and do the test he was supposed to get done in the first place?! They won't allow him to go to any other doctor's office and will not send in the results until they do these tests.

I can't believe how mad I am right now, I'm shaking. We already screwed up not submitting the medicals before the application, and now this delay.

ovasquez1

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
March 28, 2014
AOR Received.
May 14, 2014
File Transfer...
May 15, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 19, 2014 : COPR July 22, 2014
LANDED..........
August 19, 2014
Zarilenth said:
I'm so bloody mad right now! My husband flew up from Arkansas, US to visit me and do his medical tests at the same time since there are no panel physicians in Arkansas (which is weird but whatever). So even at first I was a bit confused because they said they couldn't do all the tests there, and sent him to another lab to get blood taken.

We did these tests THREE weeks ago and only now they called him back asking him to come back and do his chest exam. Which they were supposed to do the first time!! So now he has to buy another bloody plane ticket which we can't afford just to fly up and do the test he was supposed to get done in the first place?! They won't allow him to go to any other doctor's office and will not send in the results until they do these tests.

I can't believe how mad I am right now, I'm shaking. We already screwed up not submitting the medicals before the application, and now this delay. Don't go to this doctor's office.
OMG NO WAY!!!! I'm from Texas, and there are only 2 doctor offices in the whole state..so I did my medical exam here at Morningside last week!! :eek: ??? :(

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
ovasquez1 said:
OMG NO WAY!!!! I'm from Texas, and there are only 2 doctor offices in the whole state..so I did my medical exam here at Morningside last week!! :eek: ??? :(
Ha! My husband was about to drive to Texas to get his done there but decided it would be nicer to make the trip up to see me. I desperately hope they did your chest exam when you were there?! I'm sure you're fine - we just seem to be getting all the bad luck :( They did a couple little tests at the Morningside location, sent him somewhere else to get blood work, and JUST NOW are saying they told him to go to a third location to get the chest x-ray, even though the doctor mentioned nothing of the sort when he was there.
I just have to be positive. Silver lining is I get to see him again much sooner than I thought, right? ::)

ovasquez1

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
March 28, 2014
AOR Received.
May 14, 2014
File Transfer...
May 15, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 19, 2014
Zarilenth said:
Ha! My husband was about to drive to Texas to get his done there but decided it would be nicer to make the trip up to see me. I desperately hope they did your chest exam when you were there?! I'm sure you're fine - we just seem to be getting all the bad luck :( They did a couple little tests at the Morningside location, sent him somewhere else to get blood work, and JUST NOW are saying they told him to go to a third location to get the chest x-ray, even though the doctor mentioned nothing of the sort when he was there.
I just have to be positive. Silver lining is I get to see him again much sooner than I thought, right? ::)
I understand what you mean. The plane ticket is expensive. I live in central Texas, and my husband and I thought it be better (and it was cheaper) to visit him and do the medical tests while I was here in Toronto. I'm soooo sorry they did that to you...the doctor was really nice but I noticed when I asked her questions she didn't know a lot about the process, so I asked the secretary....she was more helpful.. Your right :) just stay positive...

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
ovasquez1 said:
I understand what you mean. The plane ticket is expensive. I live in central Texas, and my husband and I thought it be better (and it was cheaper) to visit him and do the medical tests while I was here in Toronto. I'm soooo sorry they did that to you...the doctor was really nice but I noticed when I asked her questions she didn't know a lot about the process, so I asked the secretary....she was more helpful.. Your right :) just stay positive...
Yeah my husband noticed that as well. So did you do everything at that office or did they send you off to a second office? Apparently there are 2 other offices you need to go to to do the whole medical?

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
We had to go to 3 different places. All in the same building for us . We did ours in Kitchener.It took the most part of the day to get all 3 done . Chin up you get to see him sooner. :D

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Going to various places is normal. My wife did the exam at one place, went upstairs in same building to do blood work, then we needed to drive to a whole new building a few km away to do x-ray.

Wouldn't it be cheaper/quicker though just to go to the nearest panel physician to his home to get the last test? If none in Arkansas, just look at the other states right around there.

ovasquez1

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
March 28, 2014
AOR Received.
May 14, 2014
File Transfer...
May 15, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 19, 2014
Zarilenth said:
Yeah my husband noticed that as well. So did you do everything at that office or did they send you off to a second office? Apparently there are 2 other offices you need to go to to do the whole medical?
Yeah, my husband took the day off. My appointment was at 10am, we thought. But they called the day before and said it was at 9am. I'm glad they called, we would have been late. They told us over the phone that it was a 3hr visit. In states, where I normally go to the doctor, they tend to do every thing there, x-rays and lab work. The visit took 3 hrs...most of the time I just sat there in the room waiting for the doctor...she would walk in and then leave...ask a few questions..leave to see another patient and come back. She was nice but not very helpful and didn't seem to know much. But then they sent us to do the lab work and the chest x-ray to two buildings nearby. The lab work was done in a basement office, and the x-rays were done in the building next door on the second floor. It was a long morning. We didn't eat breakfast because we didn't know if it would affect my blood work so when we finally finished everything we were very hungry and it was very late in the day. We had called the offices before to see if there was a way to take an earlier date for the appt but the secretary who answered the phone was really rude. Then on the day of the appt we recognized the rude one from the phone by her voice so we asked the other secretary questions..the other one was really nice and helpful though...

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Rob_TO said:
Going to various places is normal. My wife did the exam at one place, went upstairs in same building to do blood work, then we needed to drive to a whole new building a few km away to do x-ray.

Wouldn't it be cheaper/quicker though just to go to the nearest panel physician to his home to get the last test? If none in Arkansas, just look at the other states right around there.
They wont let him do the last test at a different panel phyiscian, says it has to be them or they won't send in the results :( That's what we asked too, I don't understand why they have to do it, but they flat out refused.

ovasquez1 said:
Yeah, my husband took the day off. My appointment was at 10am, we thought. But they called the day before and said it was at 9am. I'm glad they called, we would have been late. They told us over the phone that it was a 3hr visit. In states, where I normally go to the doctor, they tend to do every thing there, x-rays and lab work. The visit took 3 hrs...most of the time I just sat there in the room waiting for the doctor...she would walk in and then leave...ask a few questions..leave to see another patient and come back. She was nice but not very helpful and didn't seem to know much. But then they sent us to do the lab work and the chest x-ray to two buildings nearby. The lab work was done in a basement office, and the x-rays were done in the building next door on the second floor. It was a long morning. We didn't eat breakfast because we didn't know if it would affect my blood work so when we finally finished everything we were very hungry and it was very late in the day. We had called the offices before to see if there was a way to take an earlier date for the appt but the secretary who answered the phone was really rude. Then on the day of the appt we recognized the rude one from the phone by her voice so we asked the other secretary questions..the other one was really nice and helpful though...
That's what happened to us, but they never told us to go next door to the second floor :( Ah well.

ovasquez1

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
March 28, 2014
AOR Received.
May 14, 2014
File Transfer...
May 15, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 19, 2014
Zarilenth said:
They wont let him do the last test at a different panel phyiscian, says it has to be them or they won't send in the results :( That's what we asked too, I don't understand why they have to do it, but they flat out refused.

That's what happened to us, but they never told us to go next door to the second floor :( Ah well.
I'm soo sorry that happened to you...I understand how you must feel...but keep positive...at least you will get to see your husband soon again...

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
taffy7 said:
We had to go to 3 different places. All in the same building for us . We did ours in Kitchener.It took the most part of the day to get all 3 done . Chin up you get to see him sooner. :D
Had the same one on Victoria and Westmount. I love their hearing test when they whisper words to you 15 feet away. lol

uskyoot

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
AOR Received.
25-06-2014
File Transfer...
07-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
CORP received 5/8/2014 Landed 30/08/2014
My husband (US citizen) and I live in Tennessee. We drove up to Canada to visit family and he had his medical done in Windsor ON while we were there. He had his Dr apt at 10am and had the bood work done there as well as the exam. Xray, was done at another location about 1km away. We were done by lunch time....and the total cost was $273.oo He had to have an extra blood test because he has diabetes.

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
uskyoot said:
My husband (US citizen) and I live in Tennessee. We drove up to Canada to visit family and he had his medical done in Windsor ON while we were there. He had his Dr apt at 10am and had the bood work done there as well as the exam. Xray, was done at another location about 1km away. We were done by lunch time....and the total cost was $273.oo He had to have an extra blood test because he has diabetes.
Hmm that was around the same cost as mine too, everything all said and done. I am just frustrated that we weren't informed that we had to go to a third building for the chest x-ray. I think in the end this is our error, we were just too careless. Oh well.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with Rob_TO.

Just have your husband go to the nearest panel physician and start over (with the complete exam).
Yes, you've already waited 3 weeks, but this is the cheapest and fastest solution (versus r/t ticket) to your problem, IMHO.

Make sure he finds a panel physician that can send the results electronically to CIC.

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
I posted before in another thread about our experience in Manila, very frustrating as we also thought everything would be done on the same day. There was apparently no one on site capable of examining a child for starters, a few of the blood tests had to be done elsewhere, the instructions on how to proceed with these additional tests, what to return, etc. were very haphazard. My wife had to restrain me from tearing a strip off someone at the clinic, but I also realized it wasn't entirely their fault i.e. I think CIC could be a bit more helpful by stating upfront that additional tests may be required based on the panel physician's assessment, so you know it may require more than the day you've dedicated to completing it. We also thought we had to call for an "appointment", when in reality it was just a number to get in a line with everyone else whose "appointments" were also "8 am"!