+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

code_chef

Sep 3, 2018
Suppose if child is born in India, what are the possibilities to get TRV and timelines? Planning to apply for sponsorship inland.

spikegin

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,
My US born Child joined me in Canada in October 2020. His PR application was submitted in December
AOR: Feb 2021
SA: Mar 26 2021
Medicals Request: Mar 27 2021
Medicals Accepted : April 3rd

He didnot have any stamping as such when he arrived . Do I still need to file for an extension or is it implied ?

mkp146

Apr 14, 2021
HI All,
I am applying for Dependent child - Daughter, Recently i moved to Canada and currently working here, my Daughter is still in india
Please help me to fill this form IMM 1283
when the last 12 months period income need to be listed, can i include the Indian Salary details converted to CAD[Period II] or only i have to mention only the canadian job and income details[Period I]
In either case i dont have a T4 for past 12 months, how to fill the next of questions like income based on CRA notice of assessment
or do i have to mention the Indian salary under other income category ?

Fabia

Apr 26, 2014
Hi

Could some one clarify this for me
I am sponsoring my New born who is currently in India
both me and my Wife are Canadian PR (I sponsored my wife 3 years back and she became PR)
now while filling out the application i have a question regarding the Financial Evaluation form
when i ran the sponsoring your spouse ,partner or dependent child - Tool it shows the following

Application guide
Checklist
Forms for the sponsor to fill out
For the person being sponsored (principal applicant):
But when i fill out the check list it says that i dont need to fill the financial Evaluation form if i am sponsoring a dependent child who do not have any dependents

4. Financial Evaluation IMM 1283
complete this form only if the dependent child you are sponsoring has one or more dependent children of their own

I am sponsoring a new born so in my case he dont have any dependents

i am very much confused and appreciate any help so i can mail my application by tomorrow

Thanks
G

Gagan102

Mar 31, 2021
Y
Hi

Could some one clarify this for me
I am sponsoring my New born who is currently in India
both me and my Wife are Canadian PR (I sponsored my wife 3 years back and she became PR)
now while filling out the application i have a question regarding the Financial Evaluation form
when i ran the sponsoring your spouse ,partner or dependent child - Tool it shows the following

Application guide
Checklist
Forms for the sponsor to fill out
For the person being sponsored (principal applicant):
But when i fill out the check list it says that i dont need to fill the financial Evaluation form if i am sponsoring a dependent child who do not have any dependents

4. Financial Evaluation IMM 1283
complete this form only if the dependent child you are sponsoring has one or more dependent children of their own

I am sponsoring a new born so in my case he dont have any dependents

i am very much confused and appreciate any help so i can mail my application by tomorrow

Thanks
G
Your Principal Applicant is your infant who has no dependents. So u don't need to fill up Financial Evaluation form. However, you must show sufficient funds to support him.

Reactions: jay96962 and Fabia

ludabrown

Apr 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Interview........
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2018
I checked ECAS status changed from received to "IN PROCESS"

Permanent Residence
1. We received XXXXX XXXXX application for permanent residence on February 18, 2021.
2. We started processing XXXXX XXXXX application on April 15, 2021.
3. We sent XXXXXX XXXXX medical instructions on March 17, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible.
Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
4. Medical results have been received.

mkp146

Apr 14, 2021
HI
Do you need to pay for biometrics? for Dependent Child sponsorship or only the application cost is enough ?

ANISH K

Aug 25, 2016
Same here....I am applying it for my daughter and targetting to submit the application this mth.
I would request if people can share their timeline, experience, and status of their application.

I landed in Canada in Feb 2021, applied both the below applications for my child who is currently in India.. here is the status

TRV : I Applied online on 24/Feb/20221 (application $100) , no change in status yet, no email received (I heard the same status from people who had applied it in Jan 2021 as well)... please share your experience if you had any better experience.

Child Sponsorship : applied via mail on 6th March 2021 (paper application) on 10th March ( application fees: $100, Canada post charges $23 - Vanc to Sydney,NS).
Application Received on 12th March 2021
I received AOR on 24 March 2021
Then I received 'Request for Medical' on 13/Apr/2021
We completed the medical test in Delhi on 16/Apr/2021 (Medical cost Rs.2000,,, checked height and weight only)

If anyone having any idea, what will be the next step in Child sponsorship application, once medical is done,,then please share.,,, and If you can share approx timeline please.
Thank you.

Gagan102

Mar 31, 2021
Hello

1. I am sponsoring my 2yr old daughter, Im residing in Canada as a PR and not working yet. My wife is in India. I want to know that whether I need to fill the Representative form (Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) ) ?

• According to Complete Guide it seems that it is not required in my case. But if anyone knows then it would be a great help.

2. Also should I fill the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] In my case I am applying on behalf of my daughter.
What should I do?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello

1. I am sponsoring my 2yr old daughter, Im residing in Canada as a PR and not working yet. My wife is in India. I want to know that whether I need to fill the Representative form (Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) ) ?

• According to Complete Guide it seems that it is not required in my case. But if anyone knows then it would be a great help.

2. Also should I fill the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] In my case I am applying on behalf of my daughter.
What should I do?
It's not required but honestly makes things easier because then there is no question that you can have access to the info.

ANISH K

Aug 25, 2016
Hello

What should I do?
No, If you are submitting application yourself, then you can skip these 2 forms (5476, 5475) as you are not appointing representative.

I had only submitted the below documents for my Child sponsorship;
5534, 1344, 5481, 0008, 5406, 5669, 5562, application receipts and supporting docs (passport, visa, POF, photos, letters)

Gagan102

Mar 31, 2021
No, If you are submitting application yourself, then you can skip these 2 forms (5476, 5475) as you are not appointing representative.

I had only submitted the below documents for my Child sponsorship;
5534, 1344, 5481, 0008, 5406, 5669, 5562, application receipts and supporting docs (passport, visa, POF, photos, letters)
Thankyou Anish
When did u apply? Have u got ur child's PR?