+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

delay in citizenship recognised by govt

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
torontosm said:
I give up...your posts make no sense and I have no idea what you are trying to say. First you accuse the government of being racist, and now you deny saying the government is "selective". Maybe your hint is also relevant to your erratic comments.
The typical reaction of someone being out of arguments. Well again for you:
The demographic numbers YOU referred to show that the majority of new Canadians are coming from third world countries. Fact is the processing times increased dramatically over the past few years, actually since the Harper government took over again. As you see in the comments to the original CBC article new immigrants from third world countries are not necessarly welcome by a good amount of voters. A government does not need to be selective to tackle a majority. Just increase processing times...

Do you get it now? Or maybe you need a bit more time while you grow older and wiser?

Mike

Hnhkrk

May 4, 2012
Illinois, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
LA --> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
25-04-2013
mikeathome said:
The demographic numbers YOU referred to show that the majority of new Canadians are coming from third world countries. Fact is the processing times increased dramatically over the past few years, actually since the Harper government took over again. As you see in the comments to the original CBC article new immigrants from third world countries are not necessarly welcome by a good amount of voters. A government does not need to be selective to tackle a majority. Just increase processing times...

Do you get it now? Or maybe you need a bit more time while you grow older and wiser?

Mike
mikeathome, go back home.

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Leon said:
No, they haven't scammed the system because there are currently no rules saying that you can't leave after getting citizenship. However, if this starts to become a common practice, there might be some in the future or the time you have to stay before applying will be increased or you can't move away during the processing time or both and/or that you have to file taxes in Canada for the rest of your life like the US does.

I believe that immigration's purpose of giving PR and citizenship to immigrants is to bring and integrate people who will enrich the country. Why should a country want to give citizenship to someone who can't wait to leave?
Where do you want to draw the line? On the father who can't find a job in Canada because his engineering degree or surgeon record is not recognized and credited so he takes the hardship of leaving his family to work abroad to gain some income or on the spouse who goes back to India to support her 84 year old mother...
So, you have to give up your live and family to be a good Canadian like you have to avoid to travel in order to get to a reasonable citizenship processing? Very questionable...

There always be abuse, there's a lot of economic implications. But what is the deal, if you leave the country, you supposed to lose your health support, you don't get any benefits and only a minimum pension. On the other hand if you support your family in Canada the money you earn abroad is being spend in Canada. If you ask me, I am not in favour of global income tax but if that is the solution to the dilemma, so be it.

I rather support somebody who leaves his country to find a job abroad than living of social welfare.

Mike

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
torontosm said:
Since you asked, what exactly is the purpose of your comment? I was expressing my views in the same manner that you have done.

I'm not sure what you are looking for the government to do. They do make many efforts to help immigrants settle, find new jobs, integrate into society, learn new skills, learn languages, etc. However, Canada is still a capitalistic society and the government can not hand out jobs to every newcomer as you would like.

Personally, I resent your comments because I immigrated to Canada some time ago. Since then, I have found the society to be extremely welcoming, and my time here to be very rewarding in every sense. I have never felt excluded or discriminated against, and greatly appreciate the opportunity that the government gave me. And it is because of this that I get irked when I see people criticizing the government for not doing enough. Having lived in many countries before Canada, I can assure you that the government here does much, much more than most and I get annoyed when people don't seem to appreciate it.
Are you really that naiv or blind not to see surgeons driving taxi in Toronto and engineers with 30+ years of experience in their field being scrutinized and yet have to go to school again to be able to practise in their field of competence? Don't you know that there's a law in ON and a very strong organisation who just recently enforced the law in a way that now even if you work in an international company you no longer can be an engineer and do engineering work? And this is a cut into Canada's economy. As an international company I would think twice whether I want to bring my business here knowing that i cannot relocate my expert engineers here to sustain quality. This is just an example, in the health business it is a disaster as we all know. Well open your eyes this is discrimination in real live and on top of that you are being locked in to drive your taxi even longer...

Mike

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hnhkrk said:
Well, your contribution to this discussion shows your intellect...
My last post here being insulted now the second time my time's to precious, have to send another pile of paper to PEO in order to be allowed to call myself an engineer after 32 years of engineering work. How much more arrogant can you be...

Mike

P.S.
Based on the outcome of the assessment of my German Technical University Masters Degree I actually might consider changing the place I call home...

Hnhkrk

May 4, 2012
Illinois, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
LA --> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
25-04-2013
mikeathome said:
Well, your contribution to this discussion shows your intellect...
My last post here being insulted now the second time my time's to precious, have to send another pile of paper to PEO in order to be allowed to call myself an engineer after 32 years of engineering work. How much more arrogant can you be...

Mike

P.S.
Based on the outcome of the assessment of my German Technical University Masters Degree I actually might consider changing the place I call home...
You're the one insulting people, not me.

Halloum

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
True, people lives are complicated... no doubt

In this life there are many people who wants be more kings than the monarchs. They are not necessarily bad people, most such people are either: (a) simply ignorants; (b) they think because it worked well for them it is going to be like this for everyone; (c) sick of the practices of their own communities; (d) they are spicy - like to step on people's nerves, (e) they are mild- philosophers who likes to practice their degree;(f) raw -immature; (g) Honey- geniunely concerned about this country because they have seen abusers first hand etc.

Bottom line is : We are humans and get frustrated but let's keep cool and be professional towards each other.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikeathome said:
I rather support somebody who leaves his country to find a job abroad than living of social welfare.
If they have a job abroad, they don't well need supporting, do they now? However, that is another thing that happens in Canada. PR dad stays outside Canada with a good job and PR mom and kids live in Canada, yes, spending the money but enjoying a lot more than their GST is paying for like free school, health care etc.

When I arrived in Canada, I saw opportunity. So ok, maybe I had a hard time finding a job in the same field but I saw new fields waiting for me all over the place. Do an apprenticeship and make good money within 3-4 years for example.

Therefore, I have a hard time understanding immigrants who come to Canada and either sit around unemployed until they are out of money or who end up driving a taxi or delivering pizza for the rest of their lives.

They have the same opportunities that I had.

However, to some people, changing your field seems to be worse than dying. I have been chewed out on this forum at some point when I said that a foreign educated doctor might consider getting licensed as a nurse to stay in the field and make better money while they work on their getting licensed as a doctor again which is harder. Oh the shame of a doctor having to work as a nurse. Maybe he'd rather drive a taxi.

I don't know but in life sometimes there are choices. It is up to you what you do. If you can't get what you want, you have to look for the next best option. For some people, that may involve admitting that they can't cope in Canada and going home. It's up to you.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
mikeathome said:
Mike, pull out your reading glasses and take a look at the figures again. If you look on page 27 of the CIC bulletin (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/research-stats/facts2011.pdf), you will see that the top five countries of origin for immigrants in 2011 were China, India, Iran, the Philippines and the U.S. If you look on the same table to the year 2005, before the Harper government came to power, you will note than the top five countries of origin for immigrants were China, India, Pakistan, the Philippines and the United States. So the only thing that has changed since the Conservatives have come to power is Pakistan has been switched with Iran. Is this the proof of the big conspiracy you keep claiming? How in the world does this show that the conservatives are selectively discouraging voters from third world countries when its the very same people immigrating now that were immigrating under the Liberals?

Is that an argument you care to respond to, or are you just going to shake your stick at me and call me a whipper-snapper?

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
mikeathome said:
Are you really that naiv or blind not to see surgeons driving taxi in Toronto and engineers with 30+ years of experience in their field being scrutinized and yet have to go to school again to be able to practise in their field of competence? Don't you know that there's a law in ON and a very strong organisation who just recently enforced the law in a way that now even if you work in an international company you no longer can be an engineer and do engineering work? And this is a cut into Canada's economy. As an international company I would think twice whether I want to bring my business here knowing that i cannot relocate my expert engineers here to sustain quality. This is just an example, in the health business it is a disaster as we all know. Well open your eyes this is discrimination in real live and on top of that you are being locked in to drive your taxi even longer...

Mike
Mike, I don't know how many countries you have visited, but I have been to quite a few. And in the course of my travels, I have noticed that the quality and standards of healthcare vary drastically from country to country. As a result, I take great comfort in the fact that not all foreign medical credentials are automatically recognized in Canada, and that doctors have to be certified according to Canadian standards. After all, we are entrusting our treatment and the treatment of our families to these doctors (and indirectly to the Government), and as a result, the government must make sure that they are able to perform at the level expected in this country.

To be honest, I wasn't aware of the engineering requirement, and agree with you that it makes less sense. Engineering qualifications, in my opinion, should be determined by the employer, particularly in the private sector. If a company is willing to hire you for a role based on your qualifications, I don't think its right for the government to interfere. Sorry to hear about your issues with that.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontosm said:
Mike, I don't know how many countries you have visited, but I have been to quite a few. And in the course of my travels, I have noticed that the quality and standards of healthcare vary drastically from country to country. As a result, I take great comfort in the fact that not all foreign medical credentials are automatically recognized in Canada, and that doctors have to be certified according to Canadian standards. After all, we are entrusting our treatment and the treatment of our families to these doctors (and indirectly to the Government), and as a result, the government must make sure that they are able to perform at the level expected in this country.
Torontosm, I respect your opinion. Though I wont ungratefully bashout the healthcare system that supports me, we need to accept that it is not anywhere near to perfection (except for those wonderful ER people). Only when we accept we have flaws we will be able to make amendments. Getting a family doctor is almost next to impossible now a days. Even if you walk-in, the doctor doesn't want to spend more than 2 minutes with you no matter how complex your case is. I'm pretty much sure their health advice and diagnostics are not anywhere near to sanity if they only take 2 minutes to weigh-in a patient's condition. The reason attributed behind this is there aren't enough doctors. Then why the f#%^ we can't encourage to have more doctors? Those foreign doctors that you consider "unqualified" for the "supposedly above all health care systems in the world" didn't come here on non-skilled quota, at least most of them. They got their PR simply because they are qualified physician in their country. Then when they land, they were said their qualifications are POS under Canadian standards? Isn't that a deception, you know lying is not only twisting the facts but also not stating the facts. No where in the questionnaire where they get extra points for being in an on-demand profession does it say that when they come here they need to reinvent the wheel. Now why should they be always driving cabs when they genuinely have met the citizenship standards and would want to go to a place where they get a job they deserve. You can't say "why come in the first place?" now, can you? That argument is only valid if they have been notified in the questionnaire that their professional career will have to start from scratch. Now say that and see how many people go past the questionnaire phase and start processing for PR. I want everyone that blame these Canadian expatriates (Caucasian and others alike) to understand that there's no place that is perfect. If someone are moving out of their country (that too mass moving) then there's a huge responsibility for the country and its leaders in making this country a better place for these people to stay, most of the time it due to jobs or lack thereof. And I personally consider it disgustingly inhumane when you're on safe banks to think the ones struggling in the flood are so because of their own fault and they should land by themselves or go down. At least that's an attitude you can change when you start living in a first order nation after moving from a third world country; not only leaving the third world country but also some of its third world attitudes. Just a thought.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikeathome said:

Mike
I'm interested in knowing how many citizenship files have been cleared since 2006. I can clearly say the count’s going to be drastically less than what we had in previous government. Does that not quantify Mike’s argument from above? Given that the people who apply the most are from these third world countries, say why not delay this decision indefinitely as much as possibly you can so that you would have a kind of pedigree preserved in the Canadian demographics? How difficult is it to comprehend?

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hnhkrk said:
It's not wise to babble when adults are having a conversation. Now go do you homework, your mommy might check on you anytime now.