Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Can somebody help clarify that COPR says 'City of destination = Toronto' as at the time of submitting the application I was in Toronto however, I plan to move to Alberta/British Columbia soon.

In that case, does the PA have to land in Toronto first and then can travel within Canada or, can directly go to any province as a part of first time landing?

Thank you

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi everyone,

Can somebody help clarify that COPR says 'City of destination = Toronto' as at the time of submitting the application I was in Toronto however, I plan to move to Alberta/British Columbia soon.

In that case, does the PA have to land in Toronto first and then can travel within Canada or, can directly go to any province as a part of first time landing?

Thank you
Anyone care to answer the above? (Pls, answer only from your experience or actual case discussed here/CIC website... which you can forward to us.)

Hudda_ca

Star Member
Feb 26, 2022
Anyone care to answer the above? (Pls, answer only from your experience or actual case discussed here/CIC website... which you can forward to us.)
It doesn’t matter what city of destination is. You can land anywhere in Canada.
once the applicant landed you can update your address online or either by calling them and you will receive the pr card there.
but make sure it is updated.

when my wife landed we changed the address two days after and we called them and they updated the address right away.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
It doesn’t matter what city of destination is. You can land anywhere in Canada.
once the applicant landed you can update your address online or either by calling them and you will receive the pr card there.
but make sure it is updated.

when my wife landed we changed the address two days after and we called them and they updated the address right away.
What about changing address BEFORE LANDING, or let's say after COPR Is issued?
Will that complicate things for the applicant at immigration counter at the airport?

Hudda_ca

Star Member
Feb 26, 2022
What about changing address BEFORE LANDING, or let's say after COPR Is issued?
Will that complicate things for the applicant at immigration counter at the airport?
Its upto you,
What i did was that i was in alberta, and my wife landed in Montreal, two days after we called ircc and got the pr card at new address.
it will not complicate anything, you have the right of mobility.

mamadshah

May 7, 2024
Congrats. Your VO? PA's country of origin?
It was first at Sydney but my COPR came from London

PAs country of origin is Afghanistan

I have a question. My wife doesn't know English very well and has never been on a plane before. I'm not sure how she can travel by herself. Does immigration offer any services that can help my wife get from airport to airport? Should I go ahead and buy tickets? I'm not sure what to do. The visa office said my wife's visa will be coming in a week.

HZB

Aug 22, 2017
It was first at Sydney but my COPR came from London

PAs country of origin is Afghanistan

I have a question. My wife doesn't know English very well and has never been on a plane before. I'm not sure how she can travel by herself. Does immigration offer any services that can help my wife get from airport to airport? Should I go ahead and buy tickets? I'm not sure what to do. The visa office said my wife's visa will be coming in a week.
Please don't worry at all. Mostly at immigration counter someone speakes Urdu/Pushto for sure. I don't think it's gonna be a problem. But try to get direct flight or try to minimize layovers.

Jul 19, 2024
Hi all, we received the passport request today for my wife's sponsorship application. However, my wife is currently in Canada. Per the letter, we need to submit a webform to inform IRCC that my wife is in Canada and needs to be landed virtually.

Has anyone had to go through this before? If so, can someone help me understand what to include in the webform?

What option do you select for the webform? Is it "Check your application status" or "Other"?

Should the webform be addressed to the VO that issued the passport request or general IRCC?

Thank you for the help

Edmegbc

Star Member
Oct 11, 2023
Nothing further for us - just checking in with anyone else in Dec 2023. BGC and Eligibility still in progress.

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Nothing further for us - just checking in with anyone else in Dec 2023. BGC and Eligibility still in progress.
Hey buddy,, same Dec 2023 applicant as well. so mine shows Eligibility in progress. BGC was in progress at one time but shows as Not applicable as of now.

Aug 24, 2024
Hello everyone,

This is my timeline:

Outland Spousal Timeline
Sponsor: Canadian PR
PA: Brazilian Citizen
Application Submitted: Dec 21,2023
AOR: February 08,2024
Biometrics Completed: February 19,2024
Medical Completed: June 08,2024

No updates since June 08. Is it possible to find out the office who is looking after our application?