+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

rkhan12725

Jan 5, 2021
Any idea how much was processing time for Spousal Applications PRE-COVID when processed in New Delhi Office ? I wonder whats the back log now ? Which month application files are getting processed for DM & PPR?

Last edited:

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
Any idea how much was processing time for Spousal Applications PRE-COVID when processed in New Delhi Office ? I wonder whats the back log now ? Which month application files are getting processed for DM & PPR?
The max was 1 year and very few cases went above that.

rkhan12725

Jan 5, 2021
Hi
Thinking of the next step. When passport is requested, Is there a condition that passport has to be valid min 6 months when received by Canadian Embassy, New Delhi,India.

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hi all,

We received sponsor approval in Jan 2020.

Now, we've received a request for a ton of information on the sponsor (Canadian citizen) - NOAs for past 6 years even though he's been living abroad, passport copies and travel history for past 10 years, family form, etc.

What is going on?? Why are they asking for such information on the sponsor especially after SA? Has anyone seen any other examples of this happening?

Last edited:

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
Has anyone applied for a visitor visa while waiting for spousal sponsorship and managed to get it approved? Do you mind sharing what was the reason you included in your invitation letter that convinced the visa officer to approve visitor visa? Thanks!

SidCD

Sep 18, 2020
Hi all,

We received sponsorship approval in Jan 2019.

Now, we've received a request for a ton of information on the sponsor (Canadian citizen) - NOAs for past 6 years even though he's been living abroad, passport copies and travel history for past 10 years, family form, etc.

What is going on?? Why are they asking for such information on the sponsor especially after SA? Has anyone seen any other examples of this happening?
Is your process done? I mean you mentioned you received SA in Jan 2019. Its been 2 years already?? You file is still in process?

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Is your process done? I mean you mentioned you received SA in Jan 2019. Its been 2 years already?? You file is still in process?
My apologies I meant to write 2020 not 2019. It's been a year, not two. File is still in process. Sponsor was approved and medicals and biometrics done, eligibility/background check in process.

SidCD

Sep 18, 2020
My apologies I meant to write 2020 not 2019. It's been a year, not two. File is still in process. Sponsor was approved and medicals and biometrics done, eligibility/background check in process.
I think they are asking for information because as a Sponsor, he has to be in the country until the process is done. I have seen many people posting in the group regarding leaving the country for a few months while the application is in process, but the experts say its not recommended to leave the country until the application is processed. I hope this helps and I ask other experts to throw some light on this.

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
I think they are asking for information because as a Sponsor, he has to be in the country until the process is done. I have seen many people posting in the group regarding leaving the country for a few months while the application is in process, but the experts say its not recommended to leave the country until the application is processed. I hope this helps and I ask other experts to throw some light on this.
You can't leave to go see your family and they can't come to you. How does this work out for anyone when this keeps going longer and longer than it should?? So tired of this wait!!! :(

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Thanks for the insight but how does his past history of 10 years have anything to do with the application duration? As a Canadian, he has the right to live abroad, and we have been honest about this in the application, and he was living abroad for a while. I'd understand if they question intent to return, but that has nothing to do with his past history.

akaus852

Jan 28, 2020
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-12-2019
AOR Received.
11-01-2020
File Transfer...
30-01-2020
Med's Request
01/28/2020
Med's Done....
04-02-2020
Just got Ghost update this morning.:rolleyes:

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks for the insight but how does his past history of 10 years have anything to do with the application duration? As a Canadian, he has the right to live abroad, and we have been honest about this in the application, and he was living abroad for a while. I'd understand if they question intent to return, but that has nothing to do with his past history.
If he has SA already it is pretty strange. I don't know where he is right now but contrary to @SidCD's comment you probably know he doesn't have to be in Cda when applying or during the app processing since he is a citizen. It shouldn't matter but is he living abroad right now?