+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
@armoured

Hi,

I am the sponsor and applied for my wife. Got approved as a sponsor.

However, there one complex issue with my address history where I signed the lease for an address B in March and sometimes used to stay there starting Apr and permanently moved in Aug. Reason is that address A is my first address and belongs to my father's friend who is like a family. Address B was not furnished so it took time for me to adjust and independently live there as I never lived on my own before. I was still staying the majority of the time at my previous address and in Aug I moved permanently. Apr to Aug, I was between the two addresses however my majority of time was spent in Address A.

In Aug, I moved permanently to address B and changed it to my official address. When I submitted the form, I wrote address B from Aug when I permanently moved.

In this scenario, shall I change something in the address history by raising a webform? I am just worried because in the future if I apply for any other application.

Thanks.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@armoured

Hi,

I am the sponsor and applied for my wife. Got approved as a sponsor.

However, there one complex issue with my address history where I signed the lease for an address B in March and sometimes used to stay there starting Apr and permanently moved in Aug. Reason is that address A is my first address and belongs to my father's friend who is like a family. Address B was not furnished so it took time for me to adjust and independently live there as I never lived on my own before. I was still staying the majority of the time at my previous address and in Aug I moved permanently. Apr to Aug, I was between the two addresses however my majority of time was spent in Address A.

In Aug, I moved permanently to address B and changed it to my official address. When I submitted the form, I wrote address B from Aug when I permanently moved.

In this scenario, shall I change something in the address history by raising a webform? I am just worried because in the future if I apply for any other application.

Thanks.
I don't understand why there would be an issue with this. Are the addresses in different countries or soemthing?

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
@armoured - No they are of the same country and province only difference is the different city (close by 20 mins drive). The only issue is that in citizenship applications sometimes they issue RQ which worries me as they ask for leases etc. I have a lease of my current address from March but moved in permanently in Aug. Based on the permanent move, I wrote my current address from Aug.

Can I stick to my point if questions asked in the future? I am overthinking alot.

Thanks.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@armoured - No they are of the same country and province only difference is the different city (close by 20 mins drive). The only issue is that in citizenship applications sometimes they issue RQ which worries me as they ask for leases etc. I have a lease of my current address from March but moved in permanently in Aug. Based on the permanent move, I wrote my current address from Aug.

Can I stick to my point if questions asked in the future? I am overthinking alot.

Thanks.
Yes, I believe you are overthinking.