+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

nickbroken

Mar 10, 2019
Hi everyone! Hope you guys are all well! Any updates on the OWP? Are there any new approvals? Thanks!
Was reading on the November Inland and they said some of the November 25th were getting approved. So I am thinking that we will be hearing something in the next 3 weeks.

Reactions: mrsMdrd

mobbiewobbie

May 24, 2018
Hi all,
I'm a december 2019 application with without OWP. Is medical the next step after AOR or is it the background check? Looking at the spreadsheet, none of the November applicants have got medical request either.

My Background check currently says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" but it says I don't need a medical test ("You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes")
What does this mean? Will the background check change to something else when it actually starts processing? When does the sponsor approval happen during this process?
I also have the same situation. What is the next step after AOR if there is no OWP application?

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Hi all,
I'm a december 2019 application with without OWP. Is medical the next step after AOR or is it the background check? Looking at the spreadsheet, none of the November applicants have got medical request either.

My Background check currently says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" but it says I don't need a medical test ("You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes")
What does this mean? Will the background check change to something else when it actually starts processing? When does the sponsor approval happen during this process?
So your background check is currently ongoing (i.e. they started looking into it). You should eventually receive your medical exam request. The message you currently have (stating that you do not need a medical exam) is standard; they always update it to ''We have sent you a medical exam request'' once you reach that step. The sponsor approval usually arrives after you pass your medical.

mobbiewobbie

May 24, 2018
So your background check is currently ongoing (i.e. they started looking into it). You should eventually receive your medical exam request. The message you currently have (stating that you do not need a medical exam) is standard; they always update it to ''We have sent you a medical exam request'' once you reach that step. The sponsor approval usually arrives after you pass your medical.
So this is the same as the column on the spreadsheet that says "we have started background check.."? Or is that a different step?

abeagomez

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
So this is the same as the column on the spreadsheet that says "we have started background check.."? Or is that a different step?
Please look online about it, seems like since a few months ago you can see in your application "we started processing your bk check" but is a glitch in the system that triggers almost as soon as they send AOR, and that you receive an email when they start processing your bk check for real. Remember that sponsor's elegibility is determined before assesing PA's elegibility. I don't remember the website where they were explaning the glitch in the system but pretty sure if you look you will find it. Cheers

mobbiewobbie

May 24, 2018
Please look online about it, seems like since a few months ago you can see in your application "we started processing your bk check" but is a glitch in the system that triggers almost as soon as they send AOR, and that you receive an email when they start processing your bk check for real. Remember that sponsor's elegibility is determined before assesing PA's elegibility. I don't remember the website where they were explaning the glitch in the system but pretty sure if you look you will find it. Cheers
That's partly why I was asking. I didn't get an email, and the sponsor has not been approved yet.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
A while. We're still waiting for ours, and our app was received on August 2nd 2019. But I've heard some people say they never got one. Just AIP and DM.
I am an October 2019 Inland PR & OWP applicant and received AOR December 24. Was wondering about sponsorship approval. I thought that was early in the process after AOR and was getting worried. This is the first time I've heard that you might not hear anything on sponsorship approval--and that someone else with an older application than mine is still waiting. One of my PR forms was returned to me after AOR, I corrected and set back, but have not heard anything about PR since AOR.

Last edited:
Reactions: nickbroken

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I just linked my account today after 2 months of trying (using the same credentials every time). Glad I can now look and fixate on it now haha
:D:D:D:D

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
I am an October 2019 Inland PR & OWP applicant and received AOR December 24. Was wondering about sponsorship approval. I thought that was early in the process after AOR and was getting worried. This is the first time I've heard that you might not hear anything on sponsorship approval--and that someone else with an older application than mine is still waiting. One of my PR forms was returned to me after AOR, I corrected and set back, but have not heard anything about PR since AOR.
From what I understand, people who get SA seem to get it between medicals passed and AIP.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

Rosybeaner888

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Hi all,

Did you receive email when they started your background check? Thanks