+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Jraci

Jul 28, 2018
So I don't believe the disappearance of the progress bar is a technical glitch.

On Monday (10th May), I submitted new scans of our passport as we had new stamps on it (from December last year) from our winter holiday. These came after our application was submitted. I had completely forgotten about these since our application was already in process - but then, when I remembered, I asked through webform if they need to be uploaded, and was told to upload it and let IRCC decide if it was relevant or not.

Last night, I received an email that they had received both our passport-scans and our account was "updated". They also informed us that our eligibility is being processed (we didn't ask) and that they will let us know if they require more information.

Even today, the progress bar is visible. I believe they might have removed the progress bar for those who's decision has been made.

All these people with "decision made" status must be sending webform after webform, trying to find out when they can take their next breath, so they may have removed those progress bars to indicate that there's nothing more to ask for - just wait for your decision email - and stop sending webforms and creating extra work!

So it may not be a glitch but it may be an indicator of "decision made".

EDIT: Unless of course it comes back on your account later - in which case, it is a tech-glitch.
It was a tech glitch.

dover

Feb 23, 2020
I agree to your point. My friend's profile doesn't have a Progress bar anymore and as per the GCMS received it was approved by an officer.
Nopes, He applied on Dec 09th 2019 and April there was a ghost update due to which he asked me raise a GCMS notes on his behalf. In GCMS it is mentioned that an Officer reviewed his file and was satisfied by the documents provided. Another note was made stating the file was Approved.
Actually, it means nothing... it happened once last year.... just the routine maintenance :( , see https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/my-progress-bar-is-not-showing-anymore.662853/

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC

On Monday (10th May), I submitted new scans of our passport as we had new stamps on it (from December last year) from our winter holiday. These came after our application was submitted. I had completely forgotten about these since our application was already in process - but then, when I remembered, I asked through webform if they need to be uploaded, and was told to upload it and let IRCC decide if it was relevant or not.

Last night, I received an email that they had received both our passport-scans and our account was "updated". They also informed us that our eligibility is being processed (we didn't ask) and that they will let us know if they require more information.

Even today, the progress bar is visible. I believe they might have removed the progress bar for those who's decision has been made.

All these people with "decision made" status must be sending webform after webform, trying to find out when they can take their next breath, so they may have removed those progress bars to indicate that there's nothing more to ask for - just wait for your decision email - and stop sending webforms and creating extra work!

EDIT: Unless of course it comes back on your account later - in which case, it is a tech-glitch.
Would be awesome if this was true but I feel like it's too farfetched. The realistic me thinks it was a tech-glitch (but the hopeless dreamer in me wants it to be the next step closer to PPR) :)

SlyDigits

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-05-2019
It was a tech glitch.
Oh well.... that's that then.

I guess I was thinking that the system was more "user-friendly" than it probably is. Sorry, false alarm everyone! Never immigrated to Canada before....

Maybe they should consider adding it in as a feature :confused:

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
This could be the plausible explanation of disappearance of Progress bar
Check processing times
The impacts of COVID-19 have had an effect on our operations and our ability to respond to and process applications. We are therefore unable to provide processing timelines for specific applications at this time. Our current focus is on priority applications such as Canadians attempting to return to the country, vulnerable populations, and people who perform or support essential services, and we are trying to process those as quickly as possible.
IRCC is working on ways to finalize applications virtually. If you have a file in progress, check our website regularly for the most up to date information on the impacts of COVID on IRCC file processing.

Reactions: egam189

Limeydc13

Feb 18, 2020
Philippines
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2019
My progress bar happened to disappear also. I believe this is just a tech glitch and nothing to do with the decision made on my application . The last time I check, my file is still not done with security background verification. But still hoping for the best for all of us waiting and waiting and waiting :)

hirumPK

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Hi what is ur application status. You also have london vo?
Last web form response I received was on 27th April, Nothing after that so far. No Ghost Update either.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your application was received via your account on December 23, 2019.

· Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

• The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • The medical examination results on file for you, your spouse and your dependent child are all currently valid.
· Your application is currently located at the Canadian visa office in London, United Kingdom.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hirumPK

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018

Makes sense, might be true

Reactions: Kdte

hirumPK

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Oh well.... that's that then.

I guess I was thinking that the system was more "user-friendly" than it probably is. Sorry, false alarm everyone! Never immigrated to Canada before....

Maybe they should consider adding it in as a feature :confused:
I guess you were right, they might have just removed the timeline all together as well, because the 6 months processing time is no longer true in most of the cases. So might not be a technical glitch, I had the timeline view since early morning today but not anymore.

rogerEE

Mar 13, 2020
Category........
FSW

Hello Sir, we submitted our application when "we are in travelling", do you think we should ask IRCC if we need to upload updated passport scan?

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
Last web form response I received was on 27th April, Nothing after that so far. No Ghost Update either.

Your application was received via your account on December 23, 2019.

· Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

• The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • The medical examination results on file for you, your spouse and your dependent child are all currently valid.
· Your application is currently located at the Canadian visa office in London, United Kingdom.

I m also london vo with 21 dec aor