+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I just was very surprised finding this https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship.46995/page-2079#post-7631934

So, apparently someone got an application returned just for putting N/A for an email in the IMM5406 form for parents/children. As stupid as it is. Since in our application we also put N/A for parents and siblings, I have a question to all of you: are there members here who put N/A for an email and whose application went smoothly? Well, I'm sure I'm not the only one, and even asking this question I feel stupid, but sometimes I can't really believe my eyes when reading what IRCC can do.
Relax, I left my spouse's (PA) parents' email blank and so far there is no problem. You need to put N/A only on the place where it is said so. On that particular form, it is said <If a section does not apply, write "Not applicable">, so you don't need to put N/A in the email address, just leave it blank if there is none. I put "Not appliicable" in SECTION B&C on the form.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Relax, I left my spouse's (PA) parents' email blank and so far there is no problem. You need to put N/A only on the place where it is said so. On that particular form, it is said <If a section does not apply, write "Not applicable">, so you don't need to put N/A in the email address, just leave it blank. I put "Not appliicable" in SECTION B&C on the form.
I did put N/A for emails section for everyone except sponsor and PA (i.e. for parents and siblings). I would never worry about it if I haven't read the example I provided above.

Reactions: schweisy

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
I did put N/A for emails section for everyone except sponsor and PA (i.e. for parents and siblings). I would never worry about it if I haven't read the example I provided above.
I would definitely feel more confident if I heard from anyone here that they also put N/A in the emails section and it went fine for them.

Please, give me at least one such a case :D

Just thinking out loud. The whole application is so complicated. How many forms did we use? 9 I think? And plus tons of additional proof, airplane tickets, gifts, descriptions of all of that, etc, etc, etc. There is a million of chances to make a mistake. I personally tried to be extremely careful and double-triple-quadruple checked everything I possible could check. I cannot believe really an application can be returned JUST because of that. I mean, if it's really a case, than probably half of all applications should have been returned, because even for the same form I'm sure we all use some different styles of filling them out.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I would definitely feel more confident if I heard from anyone here that they also put N/A in the emails section and it went fine for them.

Please, give me at least one such a case :D

Just thinking out loud. The whole application is so complicated. How many forms did we use? 9 I think? And plus tons of additional proof, airplane tickets, gifts, descriptions of all of that, etc, etc, etc. There is a million of chances to make a mistake. I personally tried to be extremely careful and double-triple-quadruple checked everything I possible could check. I cannot believe really an application can be returned JUST because of that. I mean, if it's really a case, than probably half of all applications should have been returned, because even for the same form I'm sure we all use some different styles of filling them out.
I totally agree and it is indeed a big surprise that the whole app is returned just because an email is written as N/A. Unless IRCC is using automated machine scan to convert those forms to digital IRCC internal documentation, which the machine does not think N/A is a valid email address and rejects it, I could not believe it happens in front of an IRCC officer.

Reactions: schweisy and alaria

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
I totally agree and it is indeed a big surprise that the whole app is returned just because an email is written as N/A. Unless IRCC is using automated machine scan to convert those forms to digital IRCC internal documentation, which the machine does not think N/A is a valid email address and rejects it, I could not believe it happens in front of an IRCC officer.
That's the quotation from a complete guide 5289 for the IMM5406 form:

SECTION B
Write the personal details for your children. It is very important that you list all of your children (even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada). This includes:
  • married children,
  • adopted children,
  • children of your spouse(step-children) or common-law partner,
  • any of your children who have been adopted by others,
  • any of your children who are in the custody of an ex-spouse, former common-law partner or other guardian.
You must answer all questions. If any sections do not apply to you, answer “N/A”.

So, even the guide says to write N/A for any question (I'm stressing, not section, like A,B,C, but a question) that does not apply.

I like your idea about automatic email recognition. Just all this is general looks like absurd...

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hey all,
Have a quick question. My application was received on Jan 10, 2019 and I received my AOR 1 yesterday.
I downloaded and started working on the checklist (IMM 5533) on Nov 30, 2018. Then before I sent out the application I checked IRCC website if there has been any update on the form. I noticed it said Jun 2018 on the bracket. In reality if you download the form and open you will see it says 12-2018 (means the form has been updated in Dec 2018). However, I did not download that time since I saw Jun 2018 in the website and ultimately sent the old checklist (Jun 2018).
Now, should I send an eform stating that? Or they are flexible? I am sure few people might have done the same mistake. Any comment on that?
Thanks so much!

JawadAkhan

Dec 18, 2018
Hi Is it normal that my Application was received on 7 December 2018, got AOR1 on 3 Feb2019 and on next day got email to pay biometric fee till 3/3/2019. I’ve paid on the same day & receieve verification email of payment receiving, but didn’t get any further update neither in email nor on GCKEY. status on Ecas & GCKEY is “in process”

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
That's the quotation from a complete guide 5289 for the IMM5406 form:

SECTION B
Write the personal details for your children. It is very important that you list all of your children (even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada). This includes:
  • married children,
  • adopted children,
  • children of your spouse(step-children) or common-law partner,
  • any of your children who have been adopted by others,
  • any of your children who are in the custody of an ex-spouse, former common-law partner or other guardian.
You must answer all questions. If any sections do not apply to you, answer “N/A”.

So, even the guide says to write N/A for any question (I'm stressing, not section, like A,B,C, but a question) that does not apply.

I like your idea about automatic email recognition. Just all this is general looks like absurd...
I don't want to argue with you on how to interprete the form word by word, but it really does not say "question" but "section" for N/A . And in the form itself in the upper side, it mentions write N/A for any section that is not applicable. Again, you can argue your understanding, but it is up to IRCC IO's decision. I don't think it is a problem for either leaving it blank or putting N/A.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hey all,
Have a quick question. My application was received on Jan 10, 2019 and I received my AOR 1 yesterday.
I downloaded and started working on the checklist (IMM 5533) on Nov 30, 2018. Then before I sent out the application I checked IRCC website if there has been any update on the form. I noticed it said Jun 2018 on the bracket. In reality if you download the form and open you will see it says 12-2018 (means the form has been updated in Dec 2018). However, I did not download that time since I saw Jun 2018 in the website and ultimately sent the old checklist (Jun 2018).
Now, should I send an eform stating that? Or they are flexible? I am sure few people might have done the same mistake. Any comment on that?
Thanks so much!
If you already got AOR1, I would say you stay put until further notice from IRCC.

Last edited:

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi Is it normal that my Application was received on 7 December 2018, got AOR1 on 3 Feb2019 and on next day got email to pay biometric fee till 3/3/2019. I’ve paid on the same day & receieve verification email of payment receiving, but didn’t get any further update neither in email nor on GCKEY. status on Ecas & GCKEY is “in process”
yes, it is normal.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
I don't want to argue with you on how to interprete the form word by word, but it really does not say "question" but "section" for N/A . And in the form itself in the upper side, it mentions write N/A for any section that is not applicable. Again, you can argue your understanding, but it is up to IRCC IO's decision. I don't think it is a problem for either leaving it blank or putting N/A.
I'm not arguing, I'm complaining about the situation in general, and how stupid it is :) I would still appreciate very much to hear from somebody with the same case who already got AOR to understand I have some positive chances :)

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I'm not arguing, I'm complaining about the situation in general, and how stupid it is :) I would still appreciate very much to hear from somebody with the same case who already got AOR to understand I have some positive chances :)
You definitely have great chances. Let me tell you my case, after reviewing that 5406 form, which I left blank for emails for my parents-in-law, I also noticed that I forgot to put my birthday in the form. But it looks like it is not rejected as far. Isn't it encouraging for you?:p

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
You definitely have great chances. Let me tell you my case, after reviewing that 5406 form, which I left blank for emails for my parents-in-law, I also noticed that I forgot to put my birthday in the form. But it looks like it is not rejected as far. Isn't it encouraging for you?:p
Thank you. I really appreciate your support and an attempt to cheer me up :) I even read some cases about the same form where people didn't fill out their name in their native language (just putting English names there) and they still were accepted. So, as you're saying, it's totally up to an IO. Thanks again.

Reactions: ryester

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Thank you. I really appreciate your support and an attempt to cheer me up :) I even read some cases about the same form where people didn't fill out their name in their native language (just putting English names there) and they still were accepted. So, as you're saying, it's totally up to an IO. Thanks again.
Though I have to admit I am a little bit upset now after finding out some information is missing on the form ...;)