+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Though I am from one of the countries that did not require biometrics until the 31st of december, I was prompted to pay for biometrics when I lodged my application 24th of December. I received a letter in my CIC account advising me that they are going to refund me the $85 I paid since it isn't required.

I am glad because I would need to travel interstate to get it done if I had to and I kinda wondered why I was prompted to pay on the 24th of December when It wasn't required

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Agree. Although I paid all fees beforehand. And don't think that I need biometrics.
You are CEC though, which seems to mean that you don't see an IP1 to IP2 transition that FSW-Outland sees (if no biometrics and no RPRF request).

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Happy to see you moving along so quickly from IP1 to IP2! What is your citizenship and which country did you apply from? It'd be wonderful if you could add this to your signature as well.
Thanks!!! But I think I'll be stuck for some time at IP2... I don't know, it's moving faster than I thought it'd be, lol. Also, it usually takes longer than that to Brazilians

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hello all,
My AOR -8thDec
MEP-17th Jan
But I m still in IP1,background check has not started.Is this normal?
I can see many other people with same AOR in IP2.

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Unfortunately I really doubt..As I'm FSW-O and my current country is India, tough to reach IP2 so early as per data we have been talking about.. I wish I could get IP2 status this early though.!;)
We shall see. You're the same stream as me and only 5 days behind me in both AOR and MEP. If you track along with me, you should receive yours next Monday-Thursday, right? (Depends if you're counting days or business days and giving an extra day)

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hello all,
My AOR -8thDec
MEP-17th Jan
But I m still in IP1,background check has not started.Is this normal?
I can see many other people with same AOR in IP2.
You're still totally fine in terms of timeline. There aren't "many others" in this thread at least. Most people in IP2 in this thread have been in it since day 1 due to being CEC, RPRF requests, biometrics, or other reasons.

If you are in IP1, you should be thankful, because you'll get to see the transition to IP2 which may mean criminality/eligibility is done and they are working on security (basically the last phase before the 2nd officer's review).

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Unfortunately I really doubt..As I'm FSW-O and my current country is India, tough to reach IP2 so early as per data we have been talking about.. I wish I could get IP2 status this early though.!;)
We'll see! As far as I know, US citizens don't get any special treatment. You and I have the same NOC (which may mean the same team reviews it or something) and have nearly identical AOR/MEP. If you don't have extensive travel or something else to differentiate yourself from me other than your country, it may come sooner than you think.

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
I'll be very happy if that happens. !!

Reg travel history, I have only one record..10 days outing .!

Reg NOC, when I submitted file, I was damn confused between 2173 & 2174. In the end, I preferred 2174. Hope it was right decision..!
We'll see! As far as I know, US citizens don't get any special treatment. You and I have the same NOC (which may mean the same team reviews it or something) and have nearly identical AOR/MEP. If you don't have extensive travel or something else to differentiate yourself from me other than your country, it may come sooner than you think.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Review by analysts is not NOC dependent.

Reactions: USProgrammer

ladyday

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
That's odd. Do you have any idea why? I presume a lot of us, including me, have secondary applicants and it didn't ask for an IMM5475. Did he perhaps raise a CSE or something under his name/UCI?

Travel history, connections to organizations, security threats in combination with their intelligence partners, etc. I don't know an exhaustive lists, and I'm pretty sure they won't tell us. You can request your CSIS notes if denied, but I'm not sure how specific they get.

Release of Information IMM5475: A signed and completed Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual form (IMM5475) bearing original signatures . The form must designate that your Spouse - His Name,is to receive information on your behalf, with you My Name signing as the applicant, not the designated individual.

Also, he didn't raise anything under his name..

Gotcha! thank you =)

immitk

Jan 31, 2019
Just noticed that after "Ghost update" the processing bar shows 18 weeks instead of 4 month. It's basically 4months +2 weeks now.

Last edited:

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
office: Centralized Intake Office
Did you ever figure out why they needed you to designate your spouse on that form? Something must be different.

Jommie

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Philippines
Usprogrammer,

Were u required a biometrics? Since Asia and Americas cutoff was Dec 31?

Should I be expecting it since I only got MEP with no biometric request?

Thank you.

ladyday

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
Did you ever figure out why they needed you to designate your spouse on that form? Something must be different.
I received the request and I uploaded the form one day after it. However, I placed myself as the applicant and I received another request letter explaining this above in the other day. So, I just changed and uploaded.
Now, I don`t have more news...It appears to be good! hahaha