+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Even if that rule holds for citizens of all countries, an Indian citizen, for example, would require a pre-approved visa for Barbados to even travel there to start a cruise. The Indian passport only allows visa-free travel to 61 countries. That number goes up slightly if the passport holder has a visa from another country that runs a rigorous visa process such as the US, Canada, UK, Schengen countries, etc.

US or UK passports, by comparison, allow visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel to 185 and 186 countries, respectively.
I'm pretty sure they allow any country's citizens to go on cruises as long as you're allowed in the country it's departing from, right?

Reactions: mumbaikar88

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Even if that rule holds for citizens of all countries, an Indian citizen, for example, would require a pre-approved visa for Barbados to even travel there to start a cruise. The Indian passport only allows visa-free travel to 61 countries. That number goes up slightly if the passport holder has a visa from another country that runs a rigorous visa process such as the US, Canada, UK, Schengen countries, etc.

US or UK passports, by comparison, allow visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel to 185 and 186 countries, respectively.
What if you want to take a cruise starting from Florida going to Cozumel, Mexico, Belize City, Belize, and Georgetown, Grand Caymans? Do you just get a visitor visa for the US and then you're OK? Or would you have to get a visa for US, Mexico, Belize, and Grand Caymans?

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Yes, an Indian citizen would need to get visas in advance for each of those three countries (Mexico, Belize, Cayman Islands). However, the rules are always being relaxed, and whereas Indian citizens required a separate visa to visit Mexico and some of the Caribbean nations just until a few years ago, they want to attract more Indian tourists ($$$) and are happy to accept a valid US visa instead.

Traveling with an Indian or Chinese passport is complicated, especially when it comes time to travel to the main Western countries: US, UK, Schengen, Canada, and Australia. Schengen countries, especially, will make you get a visa for each entry if you don't have an extended track record with them, which can mean having to apply for a new visa every few months depending on how frequently you travel. This really robs you of peace of mind when planning travel.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Indian_citizens
What if you want to take a cruise starting from Florida going to Cozumel, Mexico, Belize City, Belize, and Georgetown, Grand Caymans? Do you just get a visitor visa for the US and then you're OK? Or would you have to get a visa for US, Mexico, Belize, and Grand Caymans?

Reactions: mumbaikar88

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Yes, an Indian citizen would need to get visas in advance for each of those three countries (Mexico, Belize, Cayman Islands). However, the rules are always being relaxed, and whereas Indian citizens required a separate visa to visit Mexico and some of the Caribbean nations just until a few years ago, they want to attract more Indian tourists ($$$) and are happy to accept a valid US visa instead.

Traveling with an Indian or Chinese passport is complicated, especially when it comes time to travel to the main Western countries: US, UK, Schengen, Canada, and Australia. Schengen countries, especially, will make you get a visa for each entry if you don't have an extended track record with them, which can mean having to apply for a new visa every few months depending on how frequently you travel. This really robs you of peace of mind when planning travel.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Indian_citizens
That's really unfortunate; sorry you have to go through that. Well, you're 3.5 to 4 years away from having a massively-more visa-exempt passport. :D

gurjeetgill

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
T
I haven't heard of that happening. Mine still says: "Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam." It sounds like you hit IP1 with that email on the 16th.

Maybe they are re-reviewing it for some reason. If you're in IP1, they're surely checking other things in parallel, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Maybe call CIC if it hasn't changed back in a couple of weeks to ask why it said you passed and then now it says you haven't passed?
Thank you...I will wait for some weeks and then will call them if it doesn't change back to MEP...

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
1. I'm FSW-O from India
2. Sure. I will let them know only after my last day. But won't that extend checking duration?
3. I'm staying at work but I want to spend time with family as well as go out on a vacation which I can't do while at work during my notice period.
4. Thanks for pointing that out. However, I can see many of 6 Dec AoR have received MEP. I'm unlucky one in that case :(
  1. If Inland PR, "In Canada Permanent Residence". If you did an online express entry outside of Canada, "Permanent Residence (applied online)"
  2. I wouldn't bother IRCC until your status has changed, and it won't change until Feb 16. That's just my opinion though. I don't know anything. ;)
  3. It looks like it's around 3.5-4 months for "usual" cases right now. If that makes you feel more secure to stay there that long, why not stay? You don't have to leave the next day for Canada once you are granted PR.
  4. Yes that is usual before MEP.

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Thank you for recommendation.
I would recommend you to wait for your PPR and then resign. Just check other forums where applicants are waiting for months (surpassing the 6 month mark as well). Due to heavy rush of applicants, IRCC's average processing time has increased. I do hope and wish that 4 month benchmark of application processing holds true for us, but you never know.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Most of those sound like personal choices you have to make. Maybe talk to your family about these decisions? Also, don't worry about your MEP. They just started processing Dec 6 AORs yesterday, so give it till next week and you should have it.

1. I'm FSW-O from India
2. Sure. I will let them know only after my last day. But won't that extend checking duration?
3. I'm staying at work but I want to spend time with family as well as go out on a vacation which I can't do while at work during my notice period.
4. Thanks for pointing that out. However, I can see many of 6 Dec AoR have received MEP. I'm unlucky one in that case :(

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Yep. sure buddy,,

I will wait for MEP..
Most of those sound like personal choices you have to make. Maybe talk to your family about these decisions? Also, don't worry about your MEP. They just started processing Dec 6 AORs yesterday, so give it till next week and you should have it.