CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I'm wondering about whether my international travel will bring up any issues. Other than the US, where I was born and live, I have only traveled to:
  • Mexico as kid, long ago, when all we needed we needed was a driver's license and no passport
  • Canada for one day a few years ago when I was in Seattle for vacation (did not receive a stamp on my US passport)
  • UK for a week (received a stamp in my old passport)
  • Several cruises
    • Each cruise went to Mexican and Caribbean destinations like Cozumel, Belize, Grand Cayman, Bahamas, Jamaica, Honduras
    • None of those travels resulted in passport stamps, because you just get off the boat in the port and then get back on the boat at the end of the day.
    • I did pass through US Customs upon arrival back in the US, so I assume the US CBP has records of my arrivals, which I hope Canada also has access to under their joint intelligence sharing agreement.
All of that is a long way to say, I have a bunch of 1-day trips to a bunch of Caribbean/Mexican destinations and no passport stamps to accompany them. I hope this doesn't pose an issue. On each cruise travel that I disclosed, I put the reason was a cruise in the e-APR. I had to add a lot of 1 day trips.

Last edited:

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Buddy, don’t let this keep you up at night. I have 100+ trips in the last 10 years with countries in Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Africa. Let me stay up at night for you and anyone else who might be worrying about having made 10-20 trips.

Also, none of the countries you mentioned is in a conflict or humanitarian crisis. I’ve been to Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan and Turkey but this was all before the Arab Spring.

I'm wondering about whether my international travel will bring up any issues. Other than the US, where I was born and live, I have only traveled to:
  • Mexico as kid, long ago, when all we needed we needed was a driver's license and no passport
  • Canada for one day a few years ago when I was in Seattle for vacation (did not receive a stamp on my US passport)
  • UK for a week (received a stamp in my old passport)
  • Several cruises
    • Each cruise went to Mexican and Caribbean destinations like Cozumel, Belize, Grand Cayman, Bahamas, Jamaica, Honduras
    • None of those travels resulted in passport stamps, because you just get off the boat in the port and then get back on the boat at the end of the day.
    • I did pass through US Customs upon arrival back in the US, so I assume the US CBP has records of my arrivals, which I hope Canada also has access to under their joint intelligence sharing agreement.
All of that is a long way to say, I have a bunch of 1-day trips to a bunch of Caribbean/Mexican destinations and no passport stamps to accompany them. I hope this doesn't pose an issue. On each cruise travel that I disclosed, I put the reason was a cruise in the e-APR. I had to add a lot of 1 day trips.

Last edited:
Reactions: mumbaikar88

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Buddy, don’t let this keep you up at night. I have 100+ trips in the last 10 years with countries in Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Africa. Let me stay up at night for you and anyone else who might be worrying about having made 10-20 trips.

Also, none of the countries you mentioned are in a conflict or humanitarian crisis. I’ve been to Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan and Turkey but this was all before the Arab Spring.
I'm more worried about the lack of stamps for countries that would stamp if you traveled by air. I don't know if IRCC is used to cruise travel not having stamps. I'm worried they'll think I didn't scan all my stamps or some other misrepresentation. I only have one stamp, in my old passport. I scanned both passports' bio pages, contact info page, and the one stamp page from the old passport.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
I am sure IRCC officers are aware that there aren’t always going to be two corresponding stamps for an international flight or voyage (train, ferry, cruise, etc.). By that count, for the years that I lived and worked in the UK and used the IRIS retina scan to pass through border control, I am literally missing something like 30 inbound stamps to the UK! The UK also doesn’t stamp on outbound travel which makes detecting some of my travel twice as hard. Luckily, in most cases (but not all) I have inbound or outbound stamps from Schengen countries or the US, but that’s only half of the story.

If someone is missing both inbound and outbound stamps for the very valid reasons you mentioned, they will appreciate your honesty in having reported that travel and go about conducting your security check in the regular manner. Only the people that are not reporting travel for whatever reason need worry about getting flagged.

I'm more worried about the lack of stamps for countries that would stamp if you traveled by air. I don't know if IRCC is used to cruise travel not having stamps. I'm worried they'll think I didn't scan all my stamps or some other misrepresentation. I only have one stamp, in my old passport. I scanned both passports' bio pages, contact info page, and the one stamp page from the old passport.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I am sure IRCC officers are aware that there aren’t always going to be two corresponding stamps for an international flight or voyage (train, ferry, cruise, etc.). By that count, for the years that I lived and worked in the UK and used the IRIS retina scan to pass through border control, I am literally missing something like 30 inbound stamps to the UK! The UK also doesn’t stamp on outbound travel which makes detecting some of my travel twice as hard. Luckily, in most cases (but not all) I have inbound or outbound stamps from Schengen countries or the US, but that’s only half of the story.

If someone is missing both inbound and outbound stamps for the very valid reasons you mentioned, they will appreciate your honesty in having reported that travel and go about conducting your security check in the regular manner. Only the people that are not reporting travel for whatever reason need worry about getting flagged.
Thanks for making me more at ease about it!

Reactions: derkdsou

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Man, now you’ve got me worried. Haha

What if 20 trips is above average? Would a file with 100 trips be up against 5x the scrutiny and processing time? I really, really want my PPR in 4-6 months.
I think international travel is probably more frequent for non-US citizens. We have 50 states plus some territories like Puerto Rico, US VI, etc that we can visit in a very large country with tons of varying geography, climate, people, cultures, etc. There are tons of states I've never visited and many cities I would still like to visit. I only get so much vacation every year.

Yes, other countries have cultural diversity too, of course, but also US Citizens grow up with a "USA #1! USA! USA!" propaganda beaten into our head. It's extremely common for US Citizens to not even have a passport. US Citizens are just far less likely to travel internationally than those from other countries, it's sad to say.

I think your travel is probably perfectly normal and nothing to be worried about. I was only worried about travel to stamp mismatch.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
You're right, I traveled very little outside of the US in the eight years I lived there. Most of the international travel was to visit with family or get US visas stamped in Canada (another pain in the ass with H1Bs).

I will stop worrying for now. I think I'm going to post this question in the June-September forums to see if people with extensive travel histories were adversely affected in any way.
I think international travel is probably more frequent for non-US citizens. We have 50 states plus some territories like Puerto Rico, US VI, etc that we can visit in a very large country with tons of varying geography, climate, people, cultures, etc. There are tons of states I've never visited and many cities I would still like to visit. I only get so much vacation every year.

Yes, other countries have cultural diversity too, of course, but also US Citizens grow up with a "USA #1! USA! USA!" propaganda beaten into our head. It's extremely common for US Citizens to not even have a passport. US Citizens are just far less likely to travel internationally than those from other countries, it's sad to say.

I think your travel is probably perfectly normal and nothing to be worried about. I was only worried about travel to stamp mismatch.

Reactions: mumbaikar88

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
My doc said they submit the medical info to Canada about 10 business days after medical. I am a 24Dec-AOR
So do the dates mentioned on myimmi include those 10 days, or should I count my 40 approx days after 4 Jan?

Thanks!

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
My doc said they submit the medical info to Canada about 10 business days after medical. I am a 24Dec-AOR
So do the dates mentioned on myimmi include those 10 days, or should I count my 40 approx days after 4 Jan?

Thanks!
You should have done your medical before AOR right? Didn't you have to upload your proof of medical exam paper? The days are post-AOR. Either way, 10 days isn't too bad for an additional wait.