+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
yyzhuang said:
Congrats! I'm one week later than you in file transfer. I'm a little worried about my trip on May 4-6. I haven't booked flight yet. Registration discount rate ends on 13th. It's a conference I really wanted to go..
Don't worry yyzhuang. You will be able to go to the conference peacefully, after you write the test!!!!!! All the best

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AsianIndian said:
It's a bit risky, as they usually give a 2-3 weeks notice till the test. So hopefully you receive your test invite by early next week or completely at the end of the month. Because if you receive it anywhere around April 20th or 25th, then chances are that it might be falling into your May 4-6 intervals. But hey ! just do what you have to do with your life without worrying too much about CIC, as they can be very unpredictable. In the worst case you can always call them to reschedule your test date since the conference abroad is a perfectly valid reason.
Thanks AsianIndian. I know reschedule the test can be one way to do it. But I don't know how long it costs to do a reschedule.

abemats2000, I hope what you said is true! I would be bouncing off the wall if I get the test invite..

lawyerlady

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
CONGRATS to Gogec and Coolguysam.....Wish you both best of luck...Do you both get test Invite notification by mail or it updated on Ecas?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
congratulations gogec

Thank you, lawyerlady, Canadafrenzy, yyzhuang, abemats2000, Shalom1, SFD

Thank you everyone!! My best wishes for everyone waiting for the test/interview. I wish everyone good luck!

@yyzhuang.... your turn would be coming soon. hopefully your test invite does not come during your conference trip. If in case, it does, and if you reschedule it then it may take few months again to get the test invite. I don't know how important your conference is however, you are the best person to decide, what you would like to do. My best wishes to you.

@SFD... get ready, your turn is coming soon :)

@lawyerlady: It was a postal mail. My e-cas have not updated yet.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
@ yyzhuang.... your turn would be coming soon. hopefully your test invite does not come during your conference trip. If in case, it does, and if you reschedule it then it may take few months again to get the test invite. I don't know how important your conference is however, you are the best person to decide, what you would like to do. My best wishes to you.
Thanks Sam. I decided I will wait till the last minute to register and book the flight+hotel. Everything will be more expensive but I do not want to reschedule the test, if I get the invite. I can try to find a cheaper hotel rather than staying at the conference hotel. If the test date overlaps with the conference date, I will then not travel and sit tight for my test.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
yyzhuang said:
Thanks Sam. I decided I will wait till the last minute to register and book the flight+hotel. Everything will be more expensive but I do not want to reschedule the test, if I get the invite. I can try to find a cheaper hotel rather than staying at the conference hotel. If the test date overlaps with the conference date, I will then not travel and sit tight for my test.
that's why i said that if your conference is important then you have to decide.

Now, if you reschedule the test it may take months to get a reschedule date and i don't think so its wise to miss the test.

Hopefully the dates don't clash. good luck!

lz83

Apr 8, 2015
beauhoe said:
Congratulations on the transfer of your application! There are no worries if your application is transferred n x times to the same local-CIC. It should be a mistake at CIC end. However, if transferred at different locations, I would recommend that you talk with a CIC-agent to see what is goin on.

Cheers,
Thanks for telling me that.It was transferred to the same place,just the date different.And i know i am not the only one like that,my friend has the same situation,we sent the application at the same time ,we are both waiting for test or RQ.but our other two friends,they never had this problem and they already got the test inviting.we all applied on Dec 2014.

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
Finally our application is In Process :)

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 8, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 17, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 8, 2015.

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
harry_aussie said:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 8, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 17, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

YESSSSS!!! I was thinking about you all this week hoping that they start processing your application. Congratulations!!!!

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Just so you know, I have added a new color in the spreadsheet for people that don't update their information. (We have 12 members)

I will usually ask people here first and if I don't see anything happening within the next two weeks I will change the color of their application. That way it's easier for people to know exactly what is happening.

Since "in process" status can take up to 4 months, I will wait 4 months before doing that to people that still have a "green" status :)

Hope that works with you guys and thanks for the members helping me with the speadsheet. (Can't remember who is the admin here?) --> Can you modify the 'Average' cell? It's locked :)

sntgblnc

Apr 10, 2015
Hello,
I am Mexican and I applied for my Canadian citizenship last December, so far this is how my process goes.

Docs sent on Dec 15, 2014

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 17, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 25, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 14, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Kitchener office on March 25, 2015. The Kitchener office will contact you.

So, now still waiting for the next update.

All the best for everyone in this group.

Cheers,
Santiago

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
harry_aussie said:

congratulations!!

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.