+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2013 OUTLAND APPLICANTS – Join Here!!!

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
SA : 28-01-2014
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Millertimez said:
Congrats to omek07, JenPin and maria for the good news :D
Thanks Millertimez! Now waiting for SA!!!!

princessice

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2013
AOR Received.
December 17,2013
File Transfer...
December 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 14, 2013
Passport Req..
June 18,2014
Re: DECEMBER 2013 OUTLAND APPLICANTS – Join Here!!!

O_guy said:
I find that it helps to focus on something else. Find a way to occupy your time so that the time goes by faster.
Yup it really does help ;) good thing i have lots of activities at work :)

dollinexile

Aug 12, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 7, 2013
AOR Received.
DEC 9, 2013
File Transfer...
JAN 9, 2014
Med's Done....
OCT 2, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
JUNE 19, 2014 IN PROCESS: JULY 10, 2014 DM: JULY 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 26, 2014
LANDED..........
SEPT 16, 2014
princessice said:
Thanks sis, I have to... ;). I am positive about it but i can't handle the anxiety. The more frequent i check, the more impatient i become till i feel like i'll go crazy. I realized that sometimes all we need is just a step back from the picture to see that our processing times are not that different from the others who also filed their application. No one is at priority here as our hope is that the immigration officer who will handle our papers "makes "our application his/her priority when our turn comes. So i suggest we all keep our cool and stay positive i'm sure we'll all get to the end in God's time though we're all hoping it to be "sooner" in these coming months.

gaaaa. can't keep my mind off it even at work.. hahaha. but, it helps that I only have 24 days and I'll be seeing my husband again. at least that will break off the supposed 2 year LDR that were in right now.

MapleLeafBride

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2013
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
LANDED..........
25-08-2014
Go Jo Go said:
Hello fellow applicants! I'd like to join the gang... Our collective hope may yield positive results? ;)
Office: Ottawa
App sent: 12/16
App received: 12/17
AOR: 1/10
Med: 10/17

A couple of questions-
Does "file transfer" mean that you have SA already?
Do you think it will take as long as the processing times claim for stage 2? I know last year was a rough one due to the strike... can we have a bit of hope that this year may more efficiently? Last summer the numbers looked significantly better... Just spitballn here...

Luck and patience to all...
Go Jo Go, as a fellow Ottawa applicant, I have made the same observation. Hopefully they've gotten themselves out of their backlog and can start rolling through the straightforward applications.

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
Good grief people, CIC updated the website as of yesterday, and they are only working on Dec 18. SA time is up to 35 days :(

We have to keep the faith that they are trying their best and trying to pussh through the applications!

rogerset

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
I called them up and even the call center people are worried. it appears as if the CPC people are not pushing thru the files and are perhaps just sitting on it. It seems there is no apparent reason for this backlog and that all the holiday backlog has been cleared but that it is just sheer disorganisation there. And this is supposed to be the least time consuming part of the whole sponsorship process and it looks like CPC M itself is taking now 1/2 months just to clear what is supposed to a very simple phase of this entire process.

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
rogerset said:
I called them up and even the call center people are worried. it appears as if the CPC people are not pushing thru the files and are perhaps just sitting on it. It seems there is no apparent reason for this backlog and that all the holiday backlog has been cleared but that it is just sheer disorganisation there. And this is supposed to be the least time consuming part of the whole sponsorship process and it looks like CPC M itself is taking now 1/2 months just to clear what is supposed to a very simple phase of this entire process.
Patience is a virtue my friend. Before you know it you will be getting your news :) I'm sure it will be coming before long! Check today to see what day CPC-M is processing - if your app was received prior to that date then see if you can drill further with CPC-M call centre.

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
It makes me remember the time last year when Stage 1 was taking 40-60 days!!

Rogerset, you and a few others on the spreadsheet are within a few days of each other, so I'm hoping that today and tomorrow we will see more activity from them.

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
CanadianWifey89 said:
Patience is a virtue my friend. Before you know it you will be getting your news :) I'm sure it will be coming before long! Check today to see what day CPC-M is processing - if your app was received prior to that date then see if you can drill further with CPC-M call centre.
Wifey, they are currently working on Dec 18 with a 35 day SA

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
Patience09 said:
Wifey, they are currently working on Dec 18 with a 35 day SA
In that case, Rogerset should be hearing in the next few days for sure!

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
Patience09 said:
It makes me remember the time last year when Stage 1 was taking 40-60 days!!

Rogerset, you and a few others on the spreadsheet are within a few days of each other, so I'm hoping that today and tomorrow we will see more activity from them.
I know!! In 2012, there was a point in which Stage 1 was taking 3 months!...3MONTHS! Insane!

rogerset

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
see the problem is- they are updating the website with a very conservative date. what they have done (from what i culd gather from the call center person is) -they have opened up all the files and have just kept in in open status without making any decision and or updates. So we now have a bunch of files open across various desk in CPCM with no significant movement. And also as is their practice, they would not work half of friday and whole of weekend and which takes us into last week of January. I am not being impatient or trying to be negative but am being pragmatic and realistic. One of the earlier posters said 'immigration is not a right but privelege' yes it is a privelege when it coems to the first person in the family trying to immigrate but not when one person has already immigrated and is paying taxes and wants to bring her/his family over- then it becomes a full blown consitutional right. And a right which cannot be trodden upon on because of sheer lethargy of a government official.

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
rogerset said:
see the problem is- they are updating the website with a very conservative date. what they have done (from what i culd gather from the call center person is) -they have opened up all the files and have just kept in in open status without making any decision and or updates. So we now have a bunch of files open across various desk in CPCM with no significant movement. And also as is their practice, they would not work half of friday and whole of weekend and which takes us into last week of January. I am not being impatient or trying to be negative but am being pragmatic and realistic. One of the earlier posters said 'immigration is not a right but privelege' yes it is a privelege when it coems to the first person in the family trying to immigrate but not when one person has already immigrated and is paying taxes and wants to bring her/his family over- then it becomes a full blown consitutional right. And a right which cannot be trodden upon on because of sheer lethargy of a government official.
Point taken - however at the end of the day...there is nothing you can do from the outside to speed up this process. If the date they 'conservatively update' is before your application received date..just have hope knowing that they're probably processing applications received a day or so after this conservative date so you're likely up next!

I don't agree with your point about it being a constitutional right to immigrate after one person has immigrated and I still believe that this, too, is a privilege. Just be patient - the processing will have to be done for a valid reason and this is just the beginning.

rogerset

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Wifey, i can send you a the consitutional right amendment to the Canadian Immigration act which talks about family class sponsorship being a constitutional right- but i rest my case. everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
We don't know all the factors that cause delays. We all agree that the Christmas season was one reason for the slow-down. But who knows if in December, there was or was not an increase in applications? Could be possible. More applicants + same amount of resources = increased times.

I agree with Wifey, even family immigration is a privilege. Does it suck and drive you nuts when things take a super long time? Of course. It also sucks when you don't get real time updates and processing times. I personally don't think that anyone should have to wait for more than 6 months to be reunited with their loved ones, but due to 1 reason or numerous, this is the way it is for most applicants. (I envy those who get through in 4 months and things like that!)

We all have to try to be patient in this stressful process, and lean on each other for support