25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
18-03-2012
CanadiansWife said:
I saw someone in the November thread, get their sponsorship approval, and they sent it out Nov 21st! We are getting close guys :) :D
fantastic news!!

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
CanadiansWife said:
I saw someone in the November thread, get their sponsorship approval, and they sent it out Nov 21st! We are getting close guys :) :D
Really? That would be a news...In any case my approval info will only be in the months of Feb/Mar :(

Irish Colleen

Star Member
Aug 8, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th December 2011
File Transfer...
7th February 2012
Med's Done....
9th December 2011
LANDED..........
20th May 2012
Off to UK/Ireland to visit family/ friends - Ideas for 'Canadian' gifts to bring

Any good suggestions for gifts that are typically Canadian, but useful in England and Ireland?? Suitable for bringing in luggage?

Thanks

Irenz

Dec 4, 2011
New Zealand
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
Just read that from 1st Dec you no longer need to send your passport when PR is granted! Thats great news for us as we're going back to Ireland in May so no worries about not having the passport back in time! Then we can just fly straight to Canada! Yay! ;D

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
Irenz said:
Just read that from 1st Dec you no longer need to send your passport when PR is granted! Thats great news for us as we're going back to Ireland in May so no worries about not having the passport back in time! Then we can just fly straight to Canada! Yay! ;D
Hi. Just want to ask where did you get this info? Thanks.:)

Irenz

Dec 4, 2011
New Zealand
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
I saw it in another thread. only applies to visa exempt countries. Hopefully will quicken up the process!

cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob348a.asp

Irenz

Dec 4, 2011
New Zealand
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
"An officer may use discretion in determining whether it is necessary to see the original passport or whether a photocopy of all passport pages is sufficient"
"A photocopy of only the bio-data page is not acceptable, as notations may have been made on other pages regarding the individual’s name, marital status or other pertinent information."

Does this mean that we should have sent copies of every passport page?

L

laleh_d

Ludovick said:
Hello all!

For all of you who sent their application in December 2011, let's talk and help each other here.

I've sent my application on December 10. Finally after all those months of processing papers, certificates and other requirements, me and my wife feel so excited but nervous at the same time. At least now, the real waiting game begins.

I'm from Montreal, my wife is from Philippines. What's your story?

Let's support each other, we're all in the same boat 8)

Hi guys. We sent our application on December 13, 2011 and the DHL record indicates that the application was recieved on December 16th. I'm sponsoring my Husband. I live in Toronto, Ontario and my husband lives in Iran. I am currently staying with my husband as our process might took longer than a year but I will have to leave him in a couple of months and get back to Canada to work and study.

Irenz

Dec 4, 2011
New Zealand
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
I'm new to this too. My story is: I'm a canadian citizen but moved to Ireland 14 years ago (dual citizen) and am now sponsoring my Irish boyfriend (common-law). We are currently residing in New Zealand as we have been travelling for the past 3 years, so application through the sydney, Australia office and received in Mississauga 19th December.

I'm really glad for this forum, its keeping me sane through all the waiting! :D

cobra

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Visa Office......
London uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
Hey guys, our application was received on 23 rd December!
My husband is from Regina and we are living here now while I am on a working holiday visa!
Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone, especially those who can't be in the same country as their other half until pr comes though.
Do we have a spreadsheet? I would try but my computer skills are lacking.

L

laleh_d

macadamia said:
Looks like Nov 23 Applicants are being approved.The process seems to have become a tad faster!
That's great news. However, on January 18th,the CIC website indicated that they were working on applications received on November 9th. There seems to be a discrepancy between what they announce and what they actually do :)

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Well looking at the responses in other threads...what seems to be happening is the CIC wants to keep the expectation down and humble while they're working their asses of to clear the applications.

If the website stated they're working on Nov 9th and in reality, they already are working on Nov 23 applns, then thats a good sign. I wouldnt mind the dates when you see astounding performance by CIC in clearing the applns.

I think they do this probably to avoid the avalanche of enquiry calls to the call center (imagine if they updated the date to nov23rd against nov 16th as expeceted this week, there would be lots of call getting routed to CIC call center)

Curious and Anxiety led ppl like me would never give them a break :D

Good job CIC in the way you're handling Nov applns...Now please clear them all asap until Dec and hit Jan 2012 baby....

L

laleh_d

srinivas.vadapalli said:
Well looking at the responses in other threads...what seems to be happening is the CIC wants to keep the expectation down and humble while they're working their asses of to clear the applications.

If the website stated they're working on Nov 9th and in reality, they already are working on Nov 23 applns, then thats a good sign. I wouldnt mind the dates when you see astounding performance by CIC in clearing the applns.

I think they do this probably to avoid the avalanche of enquiry calls to the call center (imagine if they updated the date to nov23rd against nov 16th as expeceted this week, there would be lots of call getting routed to CIC call center)

Curious and Anxiety led ppl like me would never give them a break :D

that's a smart way to keep all the anxious applicants from bombarding them with phone calls. :D I just wish they use the same strategy for step 2. Our files will be sent to Syria and according to them it will take approximately 13 months. That's just too long!!! Hopefully it will take less time :)
Good job CIC in the way you're handling Nov applns...Now please clear them all asap until Dec and hit Jan 2012 baby....