Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
ksunny said:
Hi Srinivas.vadapalli

I called the Canadian CIC help line to confirm and I explained my whole situation to them but they said no I don't need it because they do their own background check. Basically, they require a Police Clearance for any other country other than Canada. I will getting in touch with the ND office just to make sure as well but looks like I'm in the clear.

Thanks!
Thats good to hear my friend...Congrats and enjoy the moment now...

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
ksunny said:
Hey guys!

My husband got his PPR request today!!! (Feb 29)

Congrats!!!! :) Also, looks like you got your question solved.

Did you get this passport request in email?
Also, have you guys gotten a "medicals received" message on ECAS yet?

ksunny

Star Member
Nov 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2011
AOR Received.
30-12-2011 but e-mail received 06-02-2012
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
E-Cas shows Medical Received
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012 was In Process on March 19, 2012
LANDED..........
06-04-2012
CanadiansWife said:

Yes he got his PPR request by e-mail and we did get the update of "medicals received" quite some time ago. We are sending his Passport ASAP as I have been researching on google like a crazy person about my Police Clearance question and I have come accross this information. I hope this is helpful to others in the same situation and if ND still asks for an RCMP clearance, I will keep everyone posted.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999ETOC.asp#3999E3

Police certificates
If you and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens have to provide:

a valid police certificate, or
police clearance, or
record of no information.
These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.

The certificate must have been issued no more than three months prior to submitting your application. If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator.

It is your responsibility to contact the police or relevant authorities. When doing so, you may have to:

pay a fee for the service, and
provide information or documentation such as:
photographs,
fingerprints,
your addresses and periods of residence in the country or territory.
We will also do our own background checks to determine if there are grounds under which you and your dependants may be inadmissible to Canada.

Please consult our website for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any country.

;D

Billman

Feb 27, 2012
Hey, can I get some advice from everyone?

First of all, congrats to all those who already received their permanent residence status!
Second of all, I'm a little concerned about the application for my wife. This is what we've got so far:
Applying through Beijing:
December 12th: application received
February 7th: a letter has been sent regarding decision on my application to sponsor (as of Feb 27th have yet to actually receive the letter)
So, on CAS, sponsorship listed as DECISION MADE (does not specify accepted or rejected)
Application for PR: We received [name omitted by me] application for permanent residence on December 12, 2011. Medical results have been received.

How long did it take for you to receive your letter regarding decision about sponsorship?
How do I know if the file has been transfered to Beijing?
Seems a little slow compared to some others, i'm a little worried that my application to sponsor has been rejected, but I wasn't contacted by email.

Thanks everyone, and best of luck!
Bill

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Billman said:
Hey, can I get some advice from everyone?

First of all, congrats to all those who already received their permanent residence status!
Second of all, I'm a little concerned about the application for my wife. This is what we've got so far:
Applying through Beijing:
December 12th: application received
February 7th: a letter has been sent regarding decision on my application to sponsor (as of Feb 27th have yet to actually receive the letter)
So, on CAS, sponsorship listed as DECISION MADE (does not specify accepted or rejected)
Application for PR: We received [name omitted by me] application for permanent residence on December 12, 2011. Medical results have been received.

How long did it take for you to receive your letter regarding decision about sponsorship?
How do I know if the file has been transfered to Beijing?
Seems a little slow compared to some others, i'm a little worried that my application to sponsor has been rejected, but I wasn't contacted by email.

Thanks everyone, and best of luck!
Bill

Congrats this means you're approved to sponsor your wife and the file has been transferred to Beijing Office. You will get your letter in a day or two...Watch out for the Canada Post man

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
I wish the Canadian Embassy in Manila will just send PPRs to applicants who indicated their email address. I really don't trust the Philippine postal service.

ksunny

Star Member
Nov 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2011
AOR Received.
30-12-2011 but e-mail received 06-02-2012
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
E-Cas shows Medical Received
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012 was In Process on March 19, 2012
LANDED..........
06-04-2012
Can the spreadsheet be updated to show I received my PPR Feb 29?

Thanks!

Billman

Feb 27, 2012
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Congrats this means you're approved to sponsor your wife and the file has been transferred to Beijing Office. You will get your letter in a day or two...Watch out for the Canada Post man
Thanks for the supporting news! That is about what I thought it would mean, except I've received no confirmation of transfer to Beijing office and just a little anxious.
I should mention that I am currently in China myself. Is it normal for the letter to take a month to get here? I'm a little worried that it's been lost in the post, or lost after arriving at my office.

Thanks again. And as always, best of luck to everyone.

CHANZ.DREW

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
TOKYO, JAPAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 8, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 01, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 25, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 4, 2012
LANDED..........
June 12, 2012
Anyone here, processing in Tokyo, Japan. Ever since we received my letter from CIC with the spnsorship approval. I have been checking my husbands email and my email. I am so anxious to hve an update...do you guy know if Tokyo CIC will send a letter or an email ?.....Our application was transfered to Japan on Feb 1, i haven't heard anything from them. When i check th e-cas it says medical results have been received.

I am asking my husband to apply for a TRV but I dont know what are the chances of him being approved? Do you guys think its a waste if my husband apply for a TRV ?

adventurer

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
dadaem said:
Ima hug you right now! :) Thanks adventurer! Will post an update soon. ;)
:-* hug me now sissy! ahhaha anyway... what i can suggest is ask your hubby to pay a visit to your nearest post office or the one in charge at your indicated mailing address.. tell him to kindly ask the person in charge in mail delivery/record to notify you guys or secure any mail address to you and if possible have it delivered as soon as possible. i did the same thing last week.. even before sissy mistletoes received her ppr.. that is how knots i am.. :D and yes sissy how i wish that it will only be through email ... cause it is far better that way.. no delays and other unfortunate events that we all fear to happen.. anyway.. at the end of story.. the only choice we have is to wait.. and to patiently wait.. and wait more.. and more..it won't be long anyways right?? ;D

SBDelhi

Feb 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
23-01-2012
File Transfer...
30-01-2012
Passport Req..
23-02-2012
CanadiansWife said:

I got the PPR by email . and my ECAS is howing medical recieved

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Good News...My wife just got her PPR email.

Here it is how it looks like....

Dear XYZ

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Family class on01/03/2012 and have created a file with the file number indicated above.Note: The application received date is in mm/dd/yyyy format. Please quote this file number inall future correspondence with our office.

Canada has a carefully managed and controlled immigration program that is committed tomaintaining a balance of 60% economic immigrants and 40% non-economic immigrants (familyclass, refugees, and those in need of protection). Amongst non-economic immigrants, priority isgiven to spouses/partners and dependent children.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide thefollowing as soon as possible:

• Payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office inMississauga by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid.
• Submission of police clearance certificates for time spent in any country for a periodof 6 months or more, if not already submitted.
• Submission of original passport along with any old expired passports for you and youraccompanying family members. The picture in the passport for a child under 6 yearsof age must have been taken within the last 3 years. The picture in the passport for achild between the ages of 7 and 18 must have been taken within the last 5 years.

Please note that a request for your passport(s) at this time is not a guarantee of visaissuance. Passports are requested so that we can hold them on your file and issue yourvisas as soon as possible after all requirements have been met.PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS.Documents and passports must be submitted in a SINGLE package. Do not submit anydocuments and passports until you have prepared the entire package.

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
adventurer said:
:-* hug me now sissy! ahhaha anyway... what i can suggest is ask your hubby to pay a visit to your nearest post office or the one in charge at your indicated mailing address.. tell him to kindly ask the person in charge in mail delivery/record to notify you guys or secure any mail address to you and if possible have it delivered as soon as possible. i did the same thing last week.. even before sissy mistletoes received her ppr.. that is how knots i am.. :D and yes sissy how i wish that it will only be through email ... cause it is far better that way.. no delays and other unfortunate events that we all fear to happen.. anyway.. at the end of story.. the only choice we have is to wait.. and to patiently wait.. and wait more.. and more..it won't be long anyways right?? ;D
Hi sis! My hubby went to the post office yesterday, apparently, the mail man in charge of his area is on leave and will be back on Friday. Hopefully, he has good news for us this Friday. My hubby also spoke with the postal clerk and was told that mails coming from CEM are of high priority. So hopefully, mr. postman will deliver his ppr this Friday! :) I'm going nuts really! :D

eval28

Sep 27, 2011
CHANZ.DREW said:
Anyone here, processing in Tokyo, Japan. Ever since we received my letter from CIC with the spnsorship approval. I have been checking my husbands email and my email. I am so anxious to hve an update...do you guy know if Tokyo CIC will send a letter or an email ?.....Our application was transfered to Japan on Feb 1, i haven't heard anything from them. When i check th e-cas it says medical results have been received.

I am asking my husband to apply for a TRV but I dont know what are the chances of him being approved? Do you guys think its a waste if my husband apply for a TRV ?
hi, i am also applying outland through the tokyo office. i received my approval of sponsorship around the end of january and it stated that my husbands application has been forwarded to the tokyo office. since then i havent received any news from tokyo but i am sure they received it and must be working on it. i cant really say but i dont think that they will send out any letters until they have made a decision or need some extra info. good luck!

adventurer

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
dadaem said:
Hi sis! My hubby went to the post office yesterday, apparently, the mail man in charge of his area is on leave and will be back on Friday. Hopefully, he has good news for us this Friday. My hubby also spoke with the postal clerk and was told that mails coming from CEM are of high priority. So hopefully, mr. postman will deliver his ppr this Friday! :) I'm going nuts really! :D

great sissy... me and my wish full thinking are "expecting and hoping.. plus praying that mr.postman will pay me a visit and hand me something worth the wait... (ppr) this coming Wednesday.." im keeping my fingers cross.. :) try to retain your sanity for a little more.. cause you'll be needing to be insane once you have your ppr.. insanely excited and happy! :) ppr.... p...p... r... p.. p... r.... ppr... ;)