Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Thanks Gabba. also note that the new 3rd line of in Process is comparable to what use to be application received. which ou get for many months.

bravoni

Apr 17, 2016
Hallo guys, newbie here.

Am sponsoring my wife and my baby girl from Tanzania to Canada.

My time line is as follows;
Application sent to CIC Mississauga: March 10 2016
Application received letter: April 5 2016
Sponsorship Approval: April 14 2016 and application sent to CIC in Dar es salaam.
Change of status from application received to application in process : April 16 2016.

It seems to be going alright so far. However am hearing bad experiences with Dar es salaam. Anyone who has got their family sponsorship recently let me know how long it takes from in process to decision made (accepted)?

Thanks guys I wish you all the best and lets hang in there.

bravoni here.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Karibu sana ndugu Bravoni. I don't thin your case will take long. first you should be happy that the first step was completed within a month and a half.last yeat it use to be 2 months or more. the fact that you have a child with your wife is one of the thing that make your relationsgips genuine.already what's known as condition 51 , which was created to reduce fake mariages, aparently you are exempted from it.the more your case is straightforward and full of evidences, the more your case will be completed faster. we saw people done in Dar within 7 months. however we can't ignore that Nairobi use to complete cases like those even in 6 months or less.ooh Yes Nairobi they had more experiences with most of countries.so Dar they are starting. they take their time but at the end you will hear from them in due time.

All the best. :)

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Thanks for sharing your timeline.
How can I get information on my timeline. I only received an AOR from them as a sponsor.
I had to email my MP and then he told me my wife's file has been sent to Dar (TZ) to be assessed after receiving note that she is eligible.
With all the information on your timeline, how do I retrieve such information?

bravoni

Apr 17, 2016
skwan said:
Thanks for sharing your timeline.
How can I get information on my timeline. I only received an AOR from them as a sponsor.
I had to email my MP and then he told me my wife's file has been sent to Dar (TZ) to be assessed after receiving note that she is eligible.
With all the information on your timeline, how do I retrieve such information?
Are you the sponsor or the applicant you can both check your status online and create some sort of timeline. The only difference is the sponsor will have more information on his page and he can view both his/hers status and the applicant as well. The applicant can only view his/hers. Go to the cic.gc.ca website click my application then check status of your application follow instructions and remember to enter either sponsor's info only or applicant's. You cant mix and match the only common information would be the application number which was provided to you in a letter or email.

Hope that helps. Let me know if i can help more. As for me am still waiting the agonizing wait.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Any1 knows when do we get PPR? we sent re medical and police report 2 weeks ago. :(

Elger

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Hello lonely guy, 3 weeks ago I sent remedical and police.
Dar wrote to me that medicals received and Passed. Nothing more since then.
Good luck to us all

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Thanks for your Update Elger. what's your timeline please?
All the best :)

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
Elger said:
Hello lonely guy, 3 weeks ago I sent remedical and police.
Dar wrote to me that medicals received and Passed. Nothing more since then.
Good luck to us all
That's a good progress Elger, at least they are working on it, DM will follow very soon,
Good lucy too!!

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
bravoni said:
Are you the sponsor or the applicant you can both check your status online and create some sort of timeline. The only difference is the sponsor will have more information on his page and he can view both his/hers status and the applicant as well. The applicant can only view his/hers. Go to the cic.gc.ca website click my application then check status of your application follow instructions and remember to enter either sponsor's info only or applicant's. You cant mix and match the only common information would be the application number which was provided to you in a letter or email.

Hope that helps. Let me know if i can help more. As for me am still waiting the agonizing wait.

How can I check both our statuses?
I only received one AOR and it was AOR for me as the one sponsoring my wife.

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
skwan said:
How can I check both our statuses?
I only received one AOR and it was AOR for me as the one sponsoring my wife.
If you log in as a sponsor, both of statuses will be shown,log in with your client ID/UCI. If you ever applied for PR, your client ID/UCI is the same as one on your PR card or on most of your immigration documents. Do you know your client ID?

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
gabba50 said:
If you log in as a sponsor, both of statuses will be shown,log in with your client ID/UCI. If you ever applied for PR, your client ID/UCI is the same as one on your PR card or on most of your immigration documents. Do you know your client ID?
If you don't know your UCI (or don't have one yet) just use the application number found in your AOR or SA email. I find that easier as the same number works for both the sponsor and applicant, just depends whose info you put in which information you will see.

Mokomoko

Feb 3, 2016
Hi al. I ave a a question to anyone who can answea me. I am from Burundi sponsoring my wife she is in Burundi as well..I learned that now Burundi is Processed in Tanzania. but it use to be in Kenya.whom should I write to have my application transferred to Kenya not Daresalam?I have been reading here how it's very slow.may be they have a few staffs.
Do I have to writ to Missasauga or to Canadian Kenya Embassy?

I am waiting for your advise.all the best to all of us.

also is there a way they can speed up for us, due to the current situation in Burundi?

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
Applicant has no choice, your VO is determined by your country of citizenship, I wish i could send my application to ottawa VO. I am not sure if the situation in your country can speed up your process, maybe under refugee class is possible, syrian refugees applications were processed so fast. CIC minister gave us hope of processing family class at the same speed...I am still waiting :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :p :p

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Mokomoko said:
Hi al. I ave a a question to anyone who can answea me. I am from Burundi sponsoring my wife she is in Burundi as well..I learned that now Burundi is Processed in Tanzania. but it use to be in Kenya.whom should I write to have my application transferred to Kenya not Daresalam?I have been reading here how it's very slow.may be they have a few staffs.
Do I have to writ to Missasauga or to Canadian Kenya Embassy?

I am waiting for your advise.all the best to all of us.

also is there a way they can speed up for us, due to the current situation in Burundi?
CIC determines the overseas VO based on TWO things - your citizenship and your current residence location, and may decide to transfer your file to the country where you currently reside if you have been there for some time (i.e. it is easier for them to do security / criminality checks on you where you've been living for a while as opposed to where you were born). You can also request the VO however CIC will decide where your application will go.

In our case, my husband is from Syria but has been living in the UAE for over 8 years so we included a letter at the beginning of our application as well as copies in each section (sponsor forms, applicant forms, relationship evidence info) requesting his application be sent to Abu Dhabi. Upon sponsor approval, the application was sent to Amman (based on his citizenship likely), but then a month later we found out it was transferred to Abu Dhabi. I don't know if they decided based on the circumstances (as described above) or our letter to send his application to Abu Dhabi.

Hope this info helps...

C.