None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
MNM2015 said:
It seems most people nearing the end are asked to redo their police letters and medicals. I know the medicals expire after a year, do the police letters also expire after a year? I had not heard that before. Is everyone asked to redo the police letters?

This concerns me because my husband lives in the USA so would need another FBI letter which takes almost 4 months to get. I would hate to be almost at the end and then have to wait another 4 months for that. Maybe we should request the FBI letter proactively when we are nearing a year.

At other VOs I have read of people requesting an extension to their medical results and being granted. Has anyone tried this with Dar? I had previously assumed it was something the VO may extend themselves if you are close to being approved at the year mark but seems in some cases it has to be requested by the applicant.
Yes As Samji said many police certificates expire after 6 months.it's note from CIC but from institution that provides it.if your police report says hat it's good for 3 months , then that's all.if it says it is valid for 1 year.good for you. my wife's said good for 6months.I believe most of many countries issue for 6 months as well.(not sure to be verified).but for my country of origin I m sure it's 6 month.probably Tz too is 6 month validity.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
lonelyguy said:
The CIC instructions clarifies it well like this ''Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or
longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate, updated police
certificate from xxx country''. so even if he hasn't gobe back to Ug for sure if he lived there more than 6 months after he was 18, he will needs the police clearance too.
He provided one from Uganda originally. Just need to know if he would have to provide another if he has not returned to Uganda since the first one was issued. This is the info on the CIC website:

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

Since his was issued after he last lived in the country I was under the impression it does not expire unless he returns to Uganda to live. Can anyone confirm?

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
lonelyguy said:
Yup the current In process you can compare it as the old application received(before they change(August/2015). the best time to order your notes is at least 3 months after your file is transferred.otherwise you will see about Process in Missassauga regarding sponsorship approval only.with what I have been seeing on many cases. Nairobi and Dar starts to touch files 2 months after files are transferred.also remember when you order notes . they will come 30 days later but reflecting what happened until when you ordered the notes and not when you received the notes. :(
Thanks for the info lonelyguy. It's only $5 so I'll order and see what they show. Hopefully I can at least see the officer's notes from Mississauga to Dar, apparently they provide a summary of the case and any concerns they see.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
lonelyguy said:
Yes As Samji said many police certificates expire after 6 months.it's note from CIC but from institution that provides it.if your police report says hat it's good for 3 months , then that's all.if it says it is valid for 1 year.good for you. my wife's said good for 6months.I believe most of many countries issue for 6 months as well.(not sure to be verified).but for my country of origin I m sure it's 6 month.probably Tz too is 6 month validity.
Thank you for clarifying. That makes sense. I don't think the FBI one had an expiry date but I'll have to check the Uganda one, it might have been one year. Hoping to hear you get a PPR very soon lonelyguy!

Elger

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Dear all.
I have a question when you first apply to cic in canada
And then it says your case has been transfered to Dar VO is it cic that transfers your case or you do it personally? I applied and was told by cic canada to send Schedule A with Generic form to Dar vo which I did and yesterday I got a mail from Dar VO saying they received my package and that am currently on the processing queue.
Does anyone know what this means
Good luck to us all

Tun701

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
We received the email this morning requesting another medical and another police check. For those of you that have done this, how did you do your Police Clearance? So confusing! It says you must send the original, so does mean by mail and not email? In the next sentence they say they want it all sent by email! Then they say to keep all of it together so it doesn't cause delays!! So if the police clearance is scanned and sent, is that okay? Did you tell the doctor that this is a remedical? Does he give you the results to send in? Want to get this done asap!! @lonelyguy

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Yeah we sent both by email. We waited to have both and email them at the same time. After doing remedical your doctor will send them but also will email or give you a copy of that form you received.(filled).so you will email it and the police certificate. Congratulations. And all the best.the best is still to come

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
I'm not sure what the answer is, seems contradictory, but this is great news as this should mean you are getting close. Too bad they didn't just extend your medicals as thought they very recently expired. Can I ask if they specified which countries he has to redo his police certificates from? Is it all of them or just where he currently lives? Glad to see some progress from Dar. Keep us posted, sounds like a PPR request very soon :)

Tun701

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Thanks!! He only did a police clearance from Zanzibar because that where he has lived and it covers Tanzania. Hoping this is it!! We will get it all done and emailed in!

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
When I got the request like u, I got confused too. But what I did was mail out the police certificate with the medical copy as well as email both of them. That way u know for sure one way or the other they have received it.

Tun701 said:
We received the email this morning requesting another medical and another police check. For those of you that have done this, how did you do your Police Clearance? So confusing! It says you must send the original, so does mean by mail and not email? In the next sentence they say they want it all sent by email! Then they say to keep all of it together so it doesn't cause delays!! So if the police clearance is scanned and sent, is that okay? Did you tell the doctor that this is a remedical? Does he give you the results to send in? Want to get this done asap!! @lonelyguy

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Samji no PPR yet? :)

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
I got the 3rd line on PR side Encas, that they started processing my application for PR on Apr 12,2016. I know it has been transferred DAR VO but haven't yet received AOR2, is that AOR2 now?

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
gabba50 said:
I got the 3rd line on PR side Encas, that they started processing my application for PR on Apr 12,2016. I know it has been transferred DAR VO but haven't yet received AOR2, is that AOR2 now?
Most of Embassies do not even sends AOR2. I never received one too as well. so relax, I think you are fine.all the best.

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
Thank you, and it was so fast to have the 3rd line, let's hope you won't still be lonely guy for long time ;D ;D