+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DAR ES SALAM OUTLAND APPLICANTS 2015

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Sorry to hear of your interview peron. Any idea why they want an interview? Do you have any red flags? Sounds like you have some good proof. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get an interview. Good luck and keep us posted!

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
There was an explanation of NEW IN PROCESS and OLD IN PROCESS, I don't remember. 5 days after my file has been forwarded to Daresalam VO, The Encas for PR side shows in PROCESS and MED results have been received, is that AOR2?

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
Re: GCMS NOTES

indianlove said:
Can someone please explain what is the appropriate time to order GCMS NOTES.
Thank You. Please HELP.
I think it's better after like 4 months or when your PR is stuck in IN PROCESS, otherwise you will see nothing

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
gabba50 said:
There was an explanation of NEW IN PROCESS and OLD IN PROCESS, I don't remember. 5 days after my file has been forwarded to Daresalam VO, The Encas for PR side shows in PROCESS and MED results have been received, is that AOR2?
That's the same thing that happened with mine about a month ago. I've never recieved aor2 and no one has confirmed if Dar sends aor2. Shortly thereafter I got a third line on the PA side saying we started processing on ... I assume that means they received it so effectively the same as aor2. I've heard nothing since. Are you from Uganda too?

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Re: GCMS NOTES

indianlove said:
Can someone please explain what is the appropriate time to order GCMS NOTES.
Thank You. Please HELP.
I plan to order mine later this week which is just a month after going in process. I doubt there will be much info but it's only $5 and I'm very curious.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
It seems most people nearing the end are asked to redo their police letters and medicals. I know the medicals expire after a year, do the police letters also expire after a year? I had not heard that before. Is everyone asked to redo the police letters?

This concerns me because my husband lives in the USA so would need another FBI letter which takes almost 4 months to get. I would hate to be almost at the end and then have to wait another 4 months for that. Maybe we should request the FBI letter proactively when we are nearing a year.

At other VOs I have read of people requesting an extension to their medical results and being granted. Has anyone tried this with Dar? I had previously assumed it was something the VO may extend themselves if you are close to being approved at the year mark but seems in some cases it has to be requested by the applicant.

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Usually police certificate expires after 6 months.

MNM2015 said:
It seems most people nearing the end are asked to redo their police letters and medicals. I know the medicals expire after a year, do the police letters also expire after a year? I had not heard that before. Is everyone asked to redo the police letters?

This concerns me because my husband lives in the USA so would need another FBI letter which takes almost 4 months to get. I would hate to be almost at the end and then have to wait another 4 months for that. Maybe we should request the FBI letter proactively when we are nearing a year.

At other VOs I have read of people requesting an extension to their medical results and being granted. Has anyone tried this with Dar? I had previously assumed it was something the VO may extend themselves if you are close to being approved at the year mark but seems in some cases it has to be requested by the applicant.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Interesting - thanks for the reply samjj2. That must either be a VO specific rule or else not followed everywhere because there are lots of cases at other VOs approved after 6 months that never have to provide new police letters. I know there is a 3 or 6 month rule of when they were done when you originally send your application but hadn't heard of it being used to require updates other than for cases that go on for years.

If the rule is 6 months for Dar I guess that means everyone will need new letters since no one is approved that quickly it seems. I believe my husband will not have to provide a new Uganda letter since he does not live there but will definitely do the FBI one proactively so it doesn't hold up the process.

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
MNM2015 said:
That's the same thing that happened with mine about a month ago. I've never recieved aor2 and no one has confirmed if Dar sends aor2. Shortly thereafter I got a third line on the PA side saying we started processing on ... I assume that means they received it so effectively the same as aor2. I've heard nothing since. Are you from Uganda too?
I think it's a good sign at least that they are working on it, 3 lines used to take long time to be displayed. I am from Rwanda

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
MNM2015 said:
Interesting - thanks for the reply samjj2. That must either be a VO specific rule or else not followed everywhere because there are lots of cases at other VOs approved after 6 months that never have to provide new police letters. I know there is a 3 or 6 month rule of when they were done when you originally send your application but hadn't heard of it being used to require updates other than for cases that go on for years.

If the rule is 6 months for Dar I guess that means everyone will need new letters since no one is approved that quickly it seems. I believe my husband will not have to provide a new Uganda letter since he does not live there but will definitely do the FBI one proactively so it doesn't hold up the process.
Samjij is rights it expires after 6 months. If they ever ask you to redo police certificates, it will be one from Uganda and US because it has to be from the country where the applicant has lived for 6 months and up. requesting it proactively might be a good idea, you may only lose your money but not your time.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
gabba50 said:
I think it's a good sign at least that they are working on it, 3 lines used to take long time to be displayed. I am from Rwanda
It used to take months to get the third line and it actually meant they were working on it. Now all I think it means is they have received it. Wish it meant they were working on it but I doubt it. I sent in a change of address for my husband 3 weeks ago and they haven't even updated that.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
gabba50 said:
Samjij is rights it expires after 6 months. If they ever ask you to redo police certificates, it will be one from Uganda and US because it has to be from the country where the applicant has lived for 6 months and up. requesting it proactively might be a good idea, you may only lose your money but not your time.
On the CIC website it says police certificates issued after you leave the country are good until you return so I don't think we'd have to get the Uganda one again as he hasn't been back yet. Can anyone who has lived in more than one country confirm if they were asked to redo all certificates or just the one from the country you are currently living in?

Avoiding months of wasted time is much more important than a little wasted money so think we will do it proactively. Thanks for confirming.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
The CIC instructions clarifies it well like this ''Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or
longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate, updated police
certificate from xxx country''. so even if he hasn't gobe back to Ug for sure if he lived there more than 6 months after he was 18, he will needs the police clearance too.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
MNM2015 said:
It used to take months to get the third line and it actually meant they were working on it. Now all I think it means is they have received it. Wish it meant they were working on it but I doubt it. I sent in a change of address for my husband 3 weeks ago and they haven't even updated that.
Yup the current In process you can compare it as the old application received(before they change(August/2015). the best time to order your notes is at least 3 months after your file is transferred.otherwise you will see about Process in Missassauga regarding sponsorship approval only.with what I have been seeing on many cases. Nairobi and Dar starts to touch files 2 months after files are transferred.also remember when you order notes . they will come 30 days later but reflecting what happened until when you ordered the notes and not when you received the notes. :(