+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

A

alireza_77

slm.tbt said:
Alireza, my wife had the very same problem! We reapplied for study permit on July 31 with more evidence of ties to home country, etc. and are crossing fingers. I doubt we can reunite by September, but the sooner the better. Some people say other VOs are faster compared to Ankara when it comes to study permit. You may want to try Abu Dhabi (should submit in person) if you decided to re-apply with more documents. Moreover you can refer to this website to rule out the rejection based solely on having an immigration application: ...
That didn't work. We wrote the study plan and mentioned the dual intent. The officer said "not satisfied regarding dual intent". It takes around 80 days. The only positive sign for us was "Family class sponsorship in progress". I hope they really mean PROGRESS and it is not PROCESS. It is really funny how people give themselves hope
I wish one day they understand what they have done to us. However we should blame our societies too. I was extremely surprised when I saw an ad in a journal published in Canada (not in English obviously) saying "looking for spouse. All costs will be paid". We know what that means. Then the consequence according to a farsi proverb would be "wet wood and dry wood burn together"

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
slm.tbt said:
Alireza, my wife had the very same problem! We reapplied for study permit on July 31 with more evidence of ties to home country, etc. and are crossing fingers. I doubt we can reunite by September, but the sooner the better. Some people say other VOs are faster compared to Ankara when it comes to study permit. You may want to try Abu Dhabi (should submit in person) if you decided to re-apply with more documents. Moreover you can refer to this website to rule out the rejection based solely on having an immigration application: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/intent.asp
oh this is frustrating...then why do they say u can apply for a visitor visa or a study permit if they are just going to reject it...

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
alireza_77 said:
That didn't work. We wrote the study plan and mentioned the dual intent. The officer said "not satisfied regarding dual intent". It takes around 80 days. The only positive sign for us was "Family class sponsorship in progress". I hope they really mean PROGRESS and it is not PROCESS. It is really funny how people give themselves hope
I wish one day they understand what they have done to us. However we should blame our societies too. I was extremely surprised when I saw an ad in a journal published in Canada (not in English obviously) saying "looking for spouse. All costs will be paid". We know what that means. Then the consequence according to a farsi proverb would be "wet wood and dry wood burn together"
because of ignorant individuals all of us in the Iranian community are treated like this...i love reading the info on the turkish website ...and then they specifically state that the time lines are not the same for Iranians....this is just frustrating...and the icing on top is that yet these indviduals whom just marry for the visa get entry granted in to canada...where as there are people here who are legitimately married with children who have been waiting well over the 1.5 year mark...this is injustice...

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
A+M said:
That's the best way to put this... "waking up from this nightmare" :p
My husband is soooooo sure we will get PPR by next week... I am like you, I don't believe it until I read the email!!
ishallaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....i think u will get it soon...very soon...

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
mehdiR said:
I remember a lady from the forum applied in Aug 2011 and she got her PR in 7 months .
they are as inconsistent as kids feelings ::)

all an all I'm crossing my fingers that your estimation comes true . ya alllaaahhhh
was she iranian?

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
First time: 20/01/11 Second time : 15/01/12
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
niloogoogooli said:
ishallaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....i think u will get it soon...very soon...
:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

kamelia

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
15-03-2012
File Transfer...
april or may? no idea
Passport Req..
23-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
18-11-2012
laleh_d said:
Hey guys. Any news from Ankara or any other VOs? After staying in Iran for over a year, I am finally back to Canada. Happy to be back but It is so hard to be apart from my husband. :'( I can't wait for this process to end so we can start the new chapter in our lives. Hope you are all doing great. Come on Ankara. Hurry up :D
laleh jan,
I know it is very difficult and complicated, being far away from your partner, but try to enjoy your stay in canada after this long time, so you can tolerate this damn distance :)
good luck to you and all of us

slm.tbt

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alireza_77 said:
niloogoogooli said:
because of ignorant individuals all of us in the Iranian community are treated like this...i love reading the info on the turkish website ...and then they specifically state that the time lines are not the same for Iranians....this is just frustrating...and the icing on top is that yet these indviduals whom just marry for the visa get entry granted in to canada...where as there are people here who are legitimately married with children who have been waiting well over the 1.5 year mark...this is injustice...
I've head of cases where the situation doesn't radically change, but they issue visa for the same individual who was refused the first time, there are no definite rules. It's funny how her refusal letter is dated two days after E-cas changed to In-Process. They may have triggered processing her PR application because of the study permit (wild guess!).

As for the ignorant individuals, it doesn't look like being the main reason; every nationality has ignorant individuals. When I had to apply for return student visa while I was student here, few countries had a 2-week MANDATORY WAITING period; it means even if they have time to process our application, they'd rather wait just to make us experience the frustration more than usual. It looks more political than being based on misusing individuals, and talking about politics is a useless topic for all of us here. So let's just keep waiting and hoping for the best.

Good luck all

L

laleh_d

slm.tbt said:
I've head of cases where the situation doesn't radically change, but they issue visa for the same individual who was refused the first time, there are no definite rules. It's funny how her refusal letter is dated two days after E-cas changed to In-Process. They may have triggered processing her PR application because of the study permit (wild guess!).

As for the ignorant individuals, it doesn't look like being the main reason; every nationality has ignorant individuals. When I had to apply for return student visa while I was student here, few countries had a 2-week MANDATORY WAITING period; it means even if they have time to process our application, they'd rather wait just to make us experience the frustration more than usual. It looks more political than being based on misusing individuals, and talking about politics is a useless topic for all of us here. So let's just keep waiting and hoping for the best.

Good luck all
Thank you Kamelia joon. That's exactly what I'm trying to do. Hope we all here from Ankara soon.

bahpar123

Star Member
May 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
DAMASCUS-ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2010
AOR Received.
07-02-2011
IELTS Request
no but i did
File Transfer...
they never informed
Med's Request
no
hey everybody,

i am now PPR. ;D

see you soon

kamelia

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
15-03-2012
File Transfer...
april or may? no idea
Passport Req..
23-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
18-11-2012
bahpar123 said:
hey everybody,

i am now PPR. ;D

see you soon
congrats dear bahpar :)

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
Congratzz!!!!

bahpar123 said:
hey everybody,

i am now PPR. ;D

see you soon

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
First time: 20/01/11 Second time : 15/01/12
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
WE JUST GOT PPR!!!!!!!

I cried so hard!!! So so so so happy!!!! I am in shock! I wish this for all of you;) I will keep praying for all of you!
Congrats bahpar:) Ankara is working,.... Get ready everyone!!!!!

kamelia

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
15-03-2012
File Transfer...
april or may? no idea
Passport Req..
23-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
18-11-2012
A+M said:
WE JUST GOT PPR!!!!!!!

I cried so hard!!! So so so so happy!!!! I am in shock! I wish this for all of you;) I will keep praying for all of you!
Congrats bahpar:) Ankara is working,.... Get ready everyone!!!!!
wowwwwww 2 ppr news in less than 2 hours!!! AMAZING...
congrats dear A+M :)