26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
A+M said:
It doesn't make sense at all. There are only a few of us left from Damascus (in Ankara) that are still waiting. It seems like they don't work in the summer but I am filled with hope that you, Kazhal, Vivi and me are among the first the get PPR when they start working again. They have sat on our files for too long:(:(:(:(:(:(:( and I really hope Amman/Beirut start processing too!!
Hard to believe its 16 months in process today!!! Come on Ankara....
summer is one of the most busiest seasons in visa offices...but with summer coming to an end...im sure you will all hear good news...if you havent done so already, id suggest to order the gcsm notes...goodluck to us all

hbehmane

Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Damas/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2012
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
I applied sep26,2011 and they transfered the application 2 Ankara VO on March14,2012. if i fully ignore from sep26 to march14, and just consider from march14 then according 2 Ankara time frame (6 months) sep14 they have 2 give the ppr if all my documents are complete which i hope it's complete :(

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hbehmane said:
I applied sep26,2011 and they transfered the application 2 Ankara VO on March14,2012. if i fully ignore from sep26 to march14, and just consider from march14 then according 2 Ankara time frame (6 months) sep14 they have 2 give the ppr if all my documents are complete which i hope it's complete :(
I remember a lady from the forum applied in Aug 2011 and she got her PR in 7 months .
they are as inconsistent as kids feelings ::)

all an all I'm crossing my fingers that your estimation comes true . ya alllaaahhhh

nairyd

Mar 28, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Lebanon/ Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
File Transfer...
April 6 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
December 2010
A+M said:
It doesn't make sense at all. There are only a few of us left from Damascus (in Ankara) that are still waiting. It seems like they don't work in the summer but I am filled with hope that you, Kazhal, Vivi and me are among the first the get PPR when they start working again. They have sat on our files for too long:(:(:(:(:(:(:( and I really hope Amman/Beirut start processing too!!
Hard to believe its 16 months in process today!!! Come on Ankara....
Hi A&M don't worry I really think they are working in the summer..we will get our call soon!! I got news from the Beirut VO i emailed the embassy July 19th for some info and on the 31st they called my husband saying the papers are almost done and they will call him to bring his passport. We are just waiting for that second call now..i do not know what to think...16 months of processing!

Good luck everyone. Keep the positivity alive :D

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
First time: 20/01/11 Second time : 15/01/12
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
nairyd said:
Hi A&M don't worry I really think they are working in the summer..we will get our call soon!! I got news from the Beirut VO i emailed the embassy July 19th for some info and on the 31st they called my husband saying the papers are almost done and they will call him to bring his passport. We are just waiting for that second call now..i do not know what to think...16 months of processing!

Good luck everyone. Keep the positivity alive :D
Nairyd that is wonderful news!!!!! You are almost there :):):):):):):):)
I pray you get that phone call this week;)

nairyd

Mar 28, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Lebanon/ Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
File Transfer...
April 6 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
December 2010
A+M said:
Nairyd that is wonderful news!!!!! You are almost there :):):):):):):):)
I pray you get that phone call this week;)
Oh thanks A&M, I keep hearing that but I dont think i'll believe it until we have that visa! But someone did receive visa from the Beirut embassy last week (April Applicant)--so they are working!! I pray for you too A&M..the april applicants are almost all waking up from this nightmare :D

L

laleh_d

Hey guys. Any news from Ankara or any other VOs? After staying in Iran for over a year, I am finally back to Canada. Happy to be back but It is so hard to be apart from my husband. :'( I can't wait for this process to end so we can start the new chapter in our lives. Hope you are all doing great. Come on Ankara. Hurry up :D

A

alireza_77

Hey guys,
My wife applied for a student visa and today we got the rejection letter dated yesterday (Sunday) :mad:
in the letter they said because of the "purpose of visit" and "family class sponsorship in process"
at least we got the UCI in the rejection letter :p

rowshan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Hello there,

My wife arrived here a couple days ago. Everything is good and i pray that all of you receive PPR soon so that you can be with your loved ones asap and forget this mess ever happened.

One good news i heard yesterday was from a friend of mine who is also sponsoring his wife from Iran to come here. Well his case took longer than mine (his was about 16 months, our case was 14 months) but he just received an email asking for passport request.

Hang in there, inshalla everything will work out in the end.

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
nairyd said:
Oh thanks A&M, I keep hearing that but I dont think i'll believe it until we have that visa! But someone did receive visa from the Beirut embassy last week (April Applicant)--so they are working!! I pray for you too A&M..the april applicants are almost all waking up from this nightmare :D
That's the best way to put this... "waking up from this nightmare" :p
My husband is soooooo sure we will get PPR by next week... I am like you, I don't believe it until I read the email!!

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
laleh_d said:
Hey guys. Any news from Ankara or any other VOs? After staying in Iran for over a year, I am finally back to Canada. Happy to be back but It is so hard to be apart from my husband. :'( I can't wait for this process to end so we can start the new chapter in our lives. Hope you are all doing great. Come on Ankara. Hurry up :D
[/quote

Welcome back;) I hope you are not separated from your husband for long!

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
alireza_77 said:
Hey guys,
My wife applied for a student visa and today we got the rejection letter dated yesterday (Sunday) :mad:
in the letter they said because of the "purpose of visit" and "family class sponsorship in process"
Sorry to hear the student visa was rejected:( hopefully that means your spousal case is close to complete!

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
rowshan said:
Hello there,

My wife arrived here a couple days ago. Everything is good and i pray that all of you receive PPR soon so that you can be with your loved ones asap and forget this mess ever happened.

One good news i heard yesterday was from a friend of mine who is also sponsoring his wife from Iran to come here. Well his case took longer than mine (his was about 16 months, our case was 14 months) but he just received an email asking for passport request.

Hang in there, inshalla everything will work out in the end.
Congrats on your reunion and best wishes for your new chapter in life :) good to know someone received PPR from Ankara recently:)

A

alireza_77

A+M said:
Sorry to hear the student visa was rejected:( hopefully that means your spousal case is close to complete!
Thanks a lot for your kind comments :). I really hope so. I wish the same for you.

slm.tbt

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alireza_77 said:
Hey guys,
Alireza, my wife had the very same problem! We reapplied for study permit on July 31 with more evidence of ties to home country, etc. and are crossing fingers. I doubt we can reunite by September, but the sooner the better. Some people say other VOs are faster compared to Ankara when it comes to study permit. You may want to try Abu Dhabi (should submit in person) if you decided to re-apply with more documents. Moreover you can refer to this website to rule out the rejection based solely on having an immigration application: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/intent.asp