16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
P said:
My husband has contacted DHL, TNT, etc. to send his passport to Ankara. Due to the closure of visa & immigration section in Iran none of them are accepting passports anymore. I have contacted Canadian Embassy in Tehran and they asked me to contact Ankara. When I contacted them they mentioned to follow the instructions on their website! When I checked their website there is nothing about spousal sponsorship and submitting passports!

Any thoughts?! :(
get in touch with ankara directly, we got a memo today about the closure of visa section in tehran, im sorry to say this but people who just got their ppr are in a bit of a hole, because they are trying to figure out a SECURE way for passports to go from iran to ankara, contact ankara , thats the best advice , no email, call them ask for the immigration section , make sure you mention you arent a RANDOM caller, they transfer random callers to receptionists who know nothing, call them and ask for a solution, CIC is trying to figure it out right now, but in your case they have to make an exception, trust me they dont want EVERYONE to go to ankara, ill keep you guys posted, as a matter of fact ill go ask now

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
vivi2 said:
In the link missmini posted about visa section closure in Tehran:
"Activities on behalf of other visa offices:
Tehran was finalizing certain PR applications, accepting documents, handling passports for visa issuance, and refunding fees to clients (Canadian financial instruments are not negotiable in Iran due to economic sanctions). These activities will no longer be performed as the visa office in Tehran is closed. Ankara is now responsible for all business lines previously handled by Tehran."

If I were in your position I would go to Ankara in person and hand in the passport. I know it this is not mentioned as an option in the PPR email, but I don't think there's anything else you could do right now.
vivi jan i agree with you here, like i said people who just got PPR are .. im sorry to say... screwed, because the closure wasnt supposed to happen till june 30, i spoke to arghavan today and she told me all the newspapers in tehran mentioned closures of the embassy and if people applied for tourist/study/financial visas they have to RE APPLY to ankara, when i got to work i saw the memo saying the same thing, it doesnt affect us YET but people who just got ppr yes, they have to find an alternate way of geting the passport to ankara till CIC figures a way out

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
faridzad said:
Good afternoon dear my friends :)

what's going on in here ? silent is covered.. where are my friends? sohrab siavash arezou.....
sobhet bekheir shabo roozet bekheir, elahi az zendegit bebini kheir

farid jan we are all here and doing well, the drama continues, canada is closing the tehran visa section (budget) and everything will be handled by ankara but they are trying to figure out a way to send/receive passports, i came to work today and i was shocked, my first day as a senior and i have to deal with a KAMIYOON full of goh(if i typed that in english it would have been ********)

anyways everything is ok but the people who just got ppr are stuck....... there is no way to send the passport unless they go personally......

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
ok i got an update, as we thought, at the moment everything is up in the air,
the people who just got ppr have 2 options, contact ankara REPEATEDLY and ask for an exception or go to ankara....

As i mentioned before this was unexpected....... no one was prepared, not even CIC, the federal government chose to do it and we have no control...... money is more important than anything else to the government,
anyways from what i found out, not everyone has to travel to ankara to submit a passport, because that means they will stay and wait ..... they dont want that, so they are trying to figure out a way.... TNT DHL ARAMEX no longer handles passports because they were instructed by the iranian government(canadian embassy in tehran)
it will change but at the moment this is how it is

SnB2011

Sep 28, 2011
Hi,

At least if you have got PPR you can go to Turkey. My problem is that my wife's pass is with them. Seems strange, but I am planning to go Turkey and pick up her passport.

Question: What documentation do I need? I called there and they told me I don't anything since I am the sponsor. But, I what do you think?

faridzad

Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
30-08-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2012
Interview........
02-06-2014
SnB2011 said:
Hi,

At least if you have got PPR you can go to Turkey. My problem is that my wife's pass is with them. Seems strange, but I am planning to go Turkey and pick up her passport.

Question: What documentation do I need? I called there and they told me I don't anything since I am the sponsor. But, I what do you think?
Don't worry Man , it is not strange....your wife can get back her passport by YOU

LETTER OF AUTHORISATION

I, , hereby authorise ____________________ to collect my Canadian Visa(s) and/or submit/collect other documents from the Canadian Embassy, Ankara on my behalf. Please be informed that the authorised person holds Id/Passport Number _______________ and is a ____________ citizen.

Date: ______/________/______

you can pick up her passport ,

faridzad

Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
30-08-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2012
Interview........
02-06-2014
sohrab919 said:
the people who just got ppr have 2 options, contact ankara REPEATEDLY and ask for an exception or go to ankara....

As i mentioned before this was unexpected....... no one was prepared, not even CIC, the federal government chose to do it and we have no control...... money is more important than anything else to the government,
anyways from what i found out, not everyone has to travel to ankara to submit a passport, because that means they will stay and wait ..... they dont want that, so they are trying to figure out a way.... TNT DHL ARAMEX no longer handles passports because they were instructed by the iranian government(canadian embassy in tehran)
sohrab jan , i think personally they will send ppr by E-mail and then requested for passport's applicant In Person for pick up ..

samira12

Sep 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
[url=http://www.picturesanimations.com/kitty][img]http://www.picturesanimations.com/k/kitty/i116113304_60672.gif[/img][/url]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
Doc's Request.
at first
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
02-05-2011 &02-05-2012
Passport Req..
8June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12June 2012
LANDED..........
24 July 2012
Sohrab.happy 14 months, I hope it would be the last month of the story

Oct 17, 2011
sohrab919 said:
vivi jan i agree with you here, like i said people who just got PPR are .. im sorry to say... screwed, because the closure wasnt supposed to happen till june 30, i spoke to arghavan today and she told me all the newspapers in tehran mentioned closures of the embassy and if people applied for tourist/study/financial visas they have to RE APPLY to ankara, when i got to work i saw the memo saying the same thing, it doesnt affect us YET but people who just got ppr yes, they have to find an alternate way of geting the passport to ankara till CIC figures a way out
Not sure, what you got in your memo but this is what their bulletin says:
Applications in-Process
TR applications currently in process in Tehran will be transferred to Ankara. This includes any supporting documentation. Documents do not need to be re-sent to Ankara. Once an application is finalized and a visa is ready to be issued, the visa office in Ankara will contact the applicant if their visa is ready to be issued and make the necessary arrangements to facilitate this process in person.

samira12

Sep 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
[url=http://www.picturesanimations.com/kitty][img]http://www.picturesanimations.com/k/kitty/i116113304_60672.gif[/img][/url]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
Doc's Request.
at first
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
02-05-2011 &02-05-2012
Passport Req..
8June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12June 2012
LANDED..........
24 July 2012
We need to Ankara Office,they should issue our Visa,
The visa office in Tehran doesn't work for our files!

L

laleh_d

sohrab919 said:

Sohrab jan,
I have a slightly unrelated question. My grandmother is applying for a single entry visa to visit my parents in Canada. She sent all her files to the Canadian embassy in Tehran via DHL but her application was returned back to her a couple of days before they closed the embassy. Now she needs to apply again to Ankara. Did you mention that DHL no longer handles passports? Does it mean that she won't be able to send her application to Ankara till further notice?

samira12

Sep 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
Doc's Request.
at first
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
02-05-2011 &02-05-2012
Passport Req..
8June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12June 2012
LANDED..........
24 July 2012
Sohrab,Siavash,arezoo or the other iranian member say something!!!
I will redo my medical tomorrow, do I have to send it ( email green sheet) for them or not?

ghoolbaba

Apr 20, 2011
I will redo my medical tomorrow, do I have to send it ( email green sheet) for them or not?
Email them a copy of "section A" after it is filled and signed by your doctor. Ask your doctor first for a copy of that off course !

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
samira12 said:
Hi dear,
Yes, scan ur green sheet and email it for them.