+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

hamedch10

May 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amirnezam said:
HI Guys,

I am sponsoring my wife who lives in Iran with application date of Jan28th , 2011 and files were transferred to Damascus on March 8th,2011.

I have been chasing my application for a while now with no result. i just contacted my MP today and they have sent me a form to fill-up in order for them to follow-up on it also i have requested for CAIPS if i am spelling it right.

the question that i have now is my wife did her medical exam in Nov 2010 when we were applying and i have asked the embassy via email to see if she has to re-do it again and of course i did not get any response so we are going ahead and re-doing it anyway although the cic call center employee told me they can not guarantee that this won't have any effect in the processing time and it may make the process lengthier too!! and adviced me not to do it before embassy has asked for. but the issue is when i am trying to check my status on e-case there is nowhere stating they have recieved my medical results. we did sent the reciept they gave my wife at the time of the test to missisuaga office when we applied on 28th of january but in the e-case they do not say anything regarding the medical test. what do u guys think?

Hey Amir,

Don't worry..... I guess none of us here did receive "confirmation of first medical" on ecas. And regarding second medical, my wife has done it, like many other applicants here. We hope It's not gonna cause delay.

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
1:29.11.2010 2:30.10.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sohrab919 said:
i hope everyone is doing well, i apologize if i was being an idiot and arguing about none sense, i love you all, i am just a little overwhelmed, i got here 12 days ago and i have to leave in less than a week, what a trip indeed, anyways i wish everyone the best, im sorry if indeed im negative sometimes, i just want us all to be happy to have each other and this forum of love and support, 13 months of waiting and im losing my mind , especially after my trip, anyways i hope we all have a prosperous april, and to my persian friend, 13 bedarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D i know its sunday but hey az alan daresh konim hahaha
Hope 13Bedar will open our luck :p
Bayad sabzeh gereh bezanim ya behtareh derakhtaro gereh bezanim :eek:

Hojat

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
amirnezam said:
HI Guys,

I am sponsoring my wife who lives in Iran with application date of Jan28th , 2011 and files were transferred to Damascus on March 8th,2011.

I have been chasing my application for a while now with no result. i just contacted my MP today and they have sent me a form to fill-up in order for them to follow-up on it also i have requested for CAIPS if i am spelling it right.

the question that i have now is my wife did her medical exam in Nov 2010 when we were applying and i have asked the embassy via email to see if she has to re-do it again and of course i did not get any response so we are going ahead and re-doing it anyway although the cic call center employee told me they can not guarantee that this won't have any effect in the processing time and it may make the process lengthier too!! and adviced me not to do it before embassy has asked for. but the issue is when i am trying to check my status on e-case there is nowhere stating they have recieved my medical results. we did sent the reciept they gave my wife at the time of the test to missisuaga office when we applied on 28th of january but in the e-case they do not say anything regarding the medical test. what do u guys think?
Hi,
I was in a situation like your wife,
My medical expired on February. I emailed to Ankara embassy and they answered me" If your medical expired, do it again"!

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
amirnezam said:
HI Guys,

Amir welcome to the forum!

As most of people recommended in previous posts, go for the second medical. I redid mine without any request on Feb, my lawyer also encouraged me to do so.

Caips and mp r 2 options that I haven't tried yet. Btw, r u living in Toronto?

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
Guys!

When u logout from ur e-cas, u can give ur online feedback to cic.
Please Participate in the survey, if u haven't done that yet, and let them know about the draw backs of their system.
In the last question of the survey u can write down ur comments and suggestions, its good to mention that e-cas is unreliable and should be updated more frequent. I emphasized that I expected to get an approval for the receipt of my medical in my e-cas which has never happened.

Kat-H

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
File Transfer...
24-05-2011
Med's Request
19-2-2011 and 13-01-2012
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2012
i guess what we're going through is unbearable...we've been waiting for so long,and when we try to contact VO in beirut or anywhere to ask for our applications fate,all what they do is send a silly email to hush us up...
What am thinking about right now is to contact the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration in Canada to explain to him the situation we're in..I might not get an answer, but at least i would have tried to raise the voice high asking for rescue.
What do u think guys? :(

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
good morning / afternoon everyone!!! i found this news interesting, scary and worrying in the same time :eek: it's not abt the family sponsorship class it's abt the federal skill worker class but still it says a lot abt how Canada is today :( if u don't want to read it full the article says that the FSW class applications sent before feb 2008 will b returned!!!!!!! imagine the poor people who applied and waited for 4 years with hopes and dreams and putting their life on hold maybe and now they just get everything back...what abt the ones close to get the visa, will they have their application back too??? really sad, i know there r some members here from that class who waited long time, i hope they r not affected :( ::) ::)

http://www.cicnews.com/2012/03/canadian-government-slashes-backlog-031472.html

N

Nenan

sohrab919 said:
i hope everyone is doing well, i apologize if i was being an idiot and arguing about none sense, i love you all, i am just a little overwhelmed, i got here 12 days ago and i have to leave in less than a week, what a trip indeed, anyways i wish everyone the best, im sorry if indeed im negative sometimes, i just want us all to be happy to have each other and this forum of love and support, 13 months of waiting and im losing my mind , especially after my trip, anyways i hope we all have a prosperous april, and to my persian friend, 13 bedarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D i know its sunday but hey az alan daresh konim hahaha
thumb up

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
First time: 20/01/11 Second time : 15/01/12
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
Kat-H said:
i guess what we're going through is unbearable...we've been waiting for so long,and when we try to contact VO in beirut or anywhere to ask for our applications fate,all what they do is send a silly email to hush us up...
What am thinking about right now is to contact the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration in Canada to explain to him the situation we're in..I might not get an answer, but at least i would have tried to raise the voice high asking for rescue.
What do u think guys? :(
Hi Kat-H
I wrote letter to Mr. Kenney (minister of immigration) and Stephen Harper (prime minister) and received a reply back from both. they both said there is a system in place and while is might be a long difficult wait I have to wait my turn and there is nothing that can be done. they really don't seem to care:(

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
missmini said:
good morning / afternoon everyone!!! i found this news interesting, scary and worrying in the same time :eek: it's not abt the family sponsorship class it's abt the federal skill worker class but still it says a lot abt how Canada is today :( if u don't want to read it full the article says that the FSW class applications sent before feb 2008 will b returned!!!!!!! imagine the poor people who applied and waited for 4 years with hopes and dreams and putting their life on hold maybe and now they just get everything back...what abt the ones close to get the visa, will they have their application back too??? really sad, i know there r some members here from that class who waited long time, i hope they r not affected :( ::) ::)

http://www.cicnews.com/2012/03/canadian-government-slashes-backlog-031472.html
OH MY GOODNESS!! This is devastating! 300 000 people getting their applications returned after 4 years of waiting! and this quote is scary
"The applications being returned are currently only from the FSW program. No additional plans have yet been announced to address backlogs in other immigration categories."
Is family class next?? it does not make any sense that people who waited so long get theirs returned and someone who applied a few mths ago is still in process. Now our VOs will be busy returning files instead of processing files!! WOW! I am shocked! I read an article a few weeks ago that suggested they are considering getting rid of spousal sponsorship because it cost the government 16billion/ year to bring in spouses that do not necessarily have and skills to join the work force. I didn't think they would actually do it but this article shows they will stop at nothing:( those poor applicants:(

faridzad

Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
30-08-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2012
Interview........
02-06-2014
A+M said:
Hi Kat-H
I wrote letter to Mr. Kenney (minister of immigration) and Stephen Harper (prime minister) and received a reply back from both. they both said there is a system in place and while is might be a long difficult wait I have to wait my turn and there is nothing that can be done. they really don't seem to care:(
wow... :eek: both of them told that we have to wait ?

it's so mystery

Kat-H

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
File Transfer...
24-05-2011
Med's Request
19-2-2011 and 13-01-2012
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2012
A+M said:
Hi Kat-H
Ohhh,even this solution doesn't work...we ran out of solutions..sometimes i feel like laughing at what i'm in..i feel pitty for myself and others...anyway, we have to wait,i guess:)

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
faridzad said:
wow... :eek: both of them told that we have to wait ?

it's so mystery
Yes... both! :( I think the only way we will change is by doing something in numbers. (the more people that take part the stronger our voice) and by making suggestions, like asking for them to introduce something like the super visa that they did for the parent/grandparent category. atleast let us go through this wait together with our loved ones!

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
Kat-H said:
Ohhh,even this solution doesn't work...we ran out of solutions..sometimes i feel like laughing at what i'm in..i feel pitty for myself and others...anyway, we have to wait,i guess:)
it is hard not to pity ourselves sometimes!! lol! apparently all we can do is wait.... with a patient smile;)

faridzad

Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
30-08-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2012
Interview........
02-06-2014
A+M said:
it is hard not to pity ourselves sometimes!! lol! apparently all we can do is wait.... with a patient smile;)
Dear A+M would i ask u please share their reply in here

i wanna know what did they say to you exactly?